Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    quote="Glinda1971;33386126"]Weird complaint of the day but I wish they sold more things in 5 packs.

I tend to want the same thing for lunch all week but everything comes in 4's which leaves me scrambling on Friday.

This so much this!!![/quote]

YES! Me, too.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Ok... I have a fun question for you guys: What do you call soda? Do you call it pop, soda, soft drink, or coke (for all drinks)? I grew up in South Carolina and down there, as far as I'm concerned, pretty much all of us call it soda. I've never heard anyone actually say ''pop.'' And why would you call every soda ''Coke?" Coke is a specific drink!!!

I took a quiz to see where in the US I sound like I'm from. Florida, Maine, and Boston were high up there (Boston, really?). Here's the quiz if you guys want something to do: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/12/20/sunday-review/dialect-quiz-map.html

:lol:

EDIT: Apparently I sound absolutely nothing like people from Detroit.
    EDIT2: Took the quiz again and got three cities in California. No matter what it says Detroit is least similar.

I call it soda pop, but one of my brothers calls it Coke. As in, "What kind of Coke do you want? Sprite or Pepsi?"
    I don't get this at all :lol: Coke is just ONE drink! If I asked for coke and someone asked me ''What coke do you want?'' I'd be like ''Uhhh... coke? :neutral: " I wonder... which specific region in the US/anywhere else calls it coke?

If someone asked me that I would have thought they were asking if I wanted fat coke, diet coke, coke zero or coke life. Not a completely different fizzy drink all together, lol

You forgot fat Cherry Coke. Which is the best of all of the Cokes.

We finally got Cherry Coke back in the last couple weeks. I was SO excited to see it the store. I was like "I need this, right now"

I was never a fan of cherry coke, vanilla was actually pretty good in my opinion!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    If we're still doing confessions, here's mine for the day, then I should REALLY try and get some work done.

I came to work with my pants unzipped today. I didn't realize this until AFTER I got to my office and called Mr. Mo and looked down to see that my barn door had been left open. I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, or not, but I'm sure glad I did before the day went on any further.

Must have been a day for this I came in today with my shirt on backwards lol

That made me laugh out loud. Another confession. I've put my undies on inside out on more than one occasion without noticing it all day.

As far as an American expression for the zipper being down, I think there are lots. Your barn door's open, your fly's open, and my mind has gone blank for others. :|

Yesterday I must've still been half asleep while I was getting dressed & noticed I had put my underwear on backwards. LOL! Luckily I noticed it right away & fixed it.

That would be uncomfortable :lol:

I was having balance issues earlier this week and kept tripping over my underwear as I tried to get them on... then I came very close to going face first into wall.

I am so glad I am not the only one that has ever done this!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    So.... the word "syrup." You guys say see-rup or sir-up?

I'm all about sir-up ;)
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    On the "tennis shoes" vs "sneakers"...here the most common thing is "running shoes" or "runners".

Yup. Even though I've never used mine for running.

Lol. Yes, they are definitely running shoes. The only time I would use tennis shoes is if I actually had specific shoes for playing tennis...
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I prefer ice cream to cake by FAR. At birthday parties as a kid I sometimes decided to not take cake and just eat ice cream. Especially those gross cakes with the generic icing you can get in grocery stores. Don't know what the type of icing is called... but while kids were screaming for the piece in the center with the most blue frilly icing on it, I was like ''Just give me the end piece." Now one time I had a cake that switched out icing for some delicious strawberry filling and I was all for seconds. :tongue:

This is me, except the strawberry filling part, since I generally hate fruit mixed into any kind of dessert. Most grocery store cakes and even standard bakery cakes taste yucky to me, especially that really weird styrofoam textured icing that they use. It's very, very rare that I find a cake that I actually WANT to eat--there's only ONE bakery in Oman that I enjoy cake from. One. In the whole country. :p (At least it's the only one that I know of, and I've tasted quite a lot.)
    Yes! Styrofoamy is right. I can really love a good home baked cake, though. My sister and I once made a delicious black cherry chocolate cake. You probably wouldn't like it because of the fruit, but maaaan it was delicious. I also love making homemade carrot cakes with CREAM CHEESE icing.

Exactly! When I first met my in-laws, they bought a cake that was supposedly red velvet from a bakery that has a good reputation here in Saudi Arabia. It was terrible--it tasted just like a grocery store cake, stale and styrofoamy. I forced it down out of politeness. :s

The cake bakery that I enjoy makes THE BEST dense, fresh, DELICIOUS cakes with real buttercream icing, cream cheese frosting, chocolate ganache, etc. They aren't cheap, but they're worth every penny. I go there every time I visit Oman. I haven't found anything like it in Saudi Arabia. :-/

Confession: I make buttercream and eat it without cake. Sometimes I mix in blueberries or strawberries.

At least you make the buttercream.

Your post just reminded me that there is some leftover pre-made frosting in my fridge and I fully intend to eat it, with a spoon, over the next few days... willful cakelessness. Nor am I going to mix in fruit and up the nutritional quotient.

I love frosting. I happily eat it without cake. Sometimes I eat it off the cake and throw the cake away. :)

Hahaha I do too Patricia!! I heart icing so much!

When I would stay at my grandma's I would always look in her fridge to see if she had any icing & then I would take a spoon & eat some.

In high school my friends & I would go to the grocery store on our spares just to buy icing to eat.

American translation?
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    On the "tennis shoes" vs "sneakers"...here the most common thing is "running shoes" or "runners".

Yup. Even though I've never used mine for running.

Lol. Yes, they are definitely running shoes. The only time I would use tennis shoes is if I actually had specific shoes for playing tennis...

Eek, I've always called them tennis shoes. Or sneackers. :)
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

I'm all about sir-up ;)

Another sir-up right here.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Ok... I have a fun question for you guys: What do you call soda? Do you call it pop, soda, soft drink, or coke (for all drinks)? I grew up in South Carolina and down there, as far as I'm concerned, pretty much all of us call it soda. I've never heard anyone actually say ''pop.'' And why would you call every soda ''Coke?" Coke is a specific drink!!!

I took a quiz to see where in the US I sound like I'm from. Florida, Maine, and Boston were high up there (Boston, really?). Here's the quiz if you guys want something to do: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/12/20/sunday-review/dialect-quiz-map.html

EDIT2: Took the quiz again and got three cities in California. No matter what it says Detroit is least similar.

I call it soda pop, but one of my brothers calls it Coke. As in, "What kind of Coke do you want? Sprite or Pepsi?"
    I don't get this at all :lol: Coke is just ONE drink! If I asked for coke and someone asked me ''What coke do you want?'' I'd be like ''Uhhh... coke? :neutral: " I wonder... which specific region in the US/anywhere else calls it coke?

If someone asked me that I would have thought they were asking if I wanted fat coke, diet coke, coke zero or coke life. Not a completely different fizzy drink all together, lol

We finally got Cherry Coke back in the last couple weeks. I was SO excited to see it the store. I was like "I need this, right now"

I was never a fan of cherry coke, vanilla was actually pretty good in my opinion!

Cosigned. I indulge in a "full-fat" (for our friends across the pond) one every once in a while.
  • LBuehrle8
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I prefer ice cream to cake by FAR. At birthday parties as a kid I sometimes decided to not take cake and just eat ice cream. Especially those gross cakes with the generic icing you can get in grocery stores. Don't know what the type of icing is called... but while kids were screaming for the piece in the center with the most blue frilly icing on it, I was like ''Just give me the end piece." Now one time I had a cake that switched out icing for some delicious strawberry filling and I was all for seconds. :tongue:

This is me, except the strawberry filling part, since I generally hate fruit mixed into any kind of dessert. Most grocery store cakes and even standard bakery cakes taste yucky to me, especially that really weird styrofoam textured icing that they use. It's very, very rare that I find a cake that I actually WANT to eat--there's only ONE bakery in Oman that I enjoy cake from. One. In the whole country. :p (At least it's the only one that I know of, and I've tasted quite a lot.)
    Yes! Styrofoamy is right. I can really love a good home baked cake, though. My sister and I once made a delicious black cherry chocolate cake. You probably wouldn't like it because of the fruit, but maaaan it was delicious. I also love making homemade carrot cakes with CREAM CHEESE icing.

Exactly! When I first met my in-laws, they bought a cake that was supposedly red velvet from a bakery that has a good reputation here in Saudi Arabia. It was terrible--it tasted just like a grocery store cake, stale and styrofoamy. I forced it down out of politeness. :s

The cake bakery that I enjoy makes THE BEST dense, fresh, DELICIOUS cakes with real buttercream icing, cream cheese frosting, chocolate ganache, etc. They aren't cheap, but they're worth every penny. I go there every time I visit Oman. I haven't found anything like it in Saudi Arabia. :-/

Confession: I make buttercream and eat it without cake. Sometimes I mix in blueberries or strawberries.

Your post just reminded me that there is some leftover pre-made frosting in my fridge and I fully intend to eat it, with a spoon, over the next few days... willful cakelessness. Nor am I going to mix in fruit and up the nutritional quotient.

I love frosting. I happily eat it without cake. Sometimes I eat it off the cake and throw the cake away. :)

When I would stay at my grandma's I would always look in her fridge to see if she had any icing & then I would take a spoon & eat some.

In high school my friends & I would go to the grocery store on our spares just to buy icing to eat.

American translation?

Probably what we would call a study hall? Just a guess.

ETA: Or I heard kids from public schools calling a study hall a "free period" when I was growing up.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »

I loved Vanilla , I'm hoping they'll bring that one back too!
  • ShibaEars
    Options

I'm all about sir-up ;)

Sir-up
  • quiksylver296
    edited July 2015
    Options

American translation?

Probably what we would call a study hall? Just a guess.

I was thinking of a "free period" or something, where you don't have any class that hour. We didn't have anything like it in my high school (years and years ago... :# ) Study hall was an actual class you had to attend, or be found absent.
  • ShibaEars
    edited July 2015
    Options

American translation?

Uhhh, I'm not sure. It was a timeslot we didn't have a class for... If I didn't have a class from 10:00-11:00, for example, it was a "spare".

ETA: After seeing the above posts, I'm thinking free period would be what I mean :smile:
  • quiksylver296
    Options

American translation?

Uhhh, I'm not sure. It was a timeslot we didn't have a class for... If I didn't have a class from 10:00-11:00, for example, it was a "spare".

Yay! @lbuehler89 and I are good guessers!
  • ShibaEars
    Options

American translation?

Yes you are lol. I'm not even sure WHY they were called spares. "Free period" makes way more sense.
  • riderfangal
    edited July 2015
    Options

American translation?

Yes you are lol. I'm not even sure WHY they were called spares. "Free period" makes way more sense.

We called them spares as well. Although because my Dad was the principal of my school I never experienced one of these lol
  • riderfangal
    Options
    Can anyone guess what a "Bunny hug" is?
  • ShibaEars
    Options

Someone else from Sask. had brought this up way back. I believe you mean "hoodie" lol I had never heard the term before and think it's pretty funny.
  • quiksylver296
    edited July 2015
    Options

Yep. A hoodie sweatshirt. We've already done that one! @froggybug (I think?) told us. LOL

ETA: Although I love bunnyhug way better than hoodie. Such a better visual...