Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Can anyone guess what a "Bunny hug" is?

Someone else from Sask. had brought this up way back. I believe you mean "hoodie" lol I had never heard the term before and think it's pretty funny.

Yay. You are correct!

4laxec36nljo.jpg
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Can anyone guess what a "Bunny hug" is?

Someone else from Sask. had brought this up way back. I believe you mean "hoodie" lol I had never heard the term before and think it's pretty funny.

Yay. You are correct!

4laxec36nljo.jpg

The only other name for them I had heard was a "kangaroo sweater/jacket". My dad (who's from Ontario) used to call them that when I was a kid. I don't think he does anymore though, now they're just hoodies.
  • Kevrrr
    Kevrrr Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This about confessions right? I just ate a baked chicken leg quarter from our cafeteria at work that was so dry I didn't even want to log it into my diary as food. I'm going to go eat an ice cream drum stick in retaliation.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    I prefer ice cream to cake by FAR. At birthday parties as a kid I sometimes decided to not take cake and just eat ice cream. Especially those gross cakes with the generic icing you can get in grocery stores. Don't know what the type of icing is called... but while kids were screaming for the piece in the center with the most blue frilly icing on it, I was like ''Just give me the end piece." Now one time I had a cake that switched out icing for some delicious strawberry filling and I was all for seconds. :tongue:

This is me, except the strawberry filling part, since I generally hate fruit mixed into any kind of dessert. Most grocery store cakes and even standard bakery cakes taste yucky to me, especially that really weird styrofoam textured icing that they use. It's very, very rare that I find a cake that I actually WANT to eat--there's only ONE bakery in Oman that I enjoy cake from. One. In the whole country. :p (At least it's the only one that I know of, and I've tasted quite a lot.)
    Yes! Styrofoamy is right. I can really love a good home baked cake, though. My sister and I once made a delicious black cherry chocolate cake. You probably wouldn't like it because of the fruit, but maaaan it was delicious. I also love making homemade carrot cakes with CREAM CHEESE icing.

Exactly! When I first met my in-laws, they bought a cake that was supposedly red velvet from a bakery that has a good reputation here in Saudi Arabia. It was terrible--it tasted just like a grocery store cake, stale and styrofoamy. I forced it down out of politeness. :s

The cake bakery that I enjoy makes THE BEST dense, fresh, DELICIOUS cakes with real buttercream icing, cream cheese frosting, chocolate ganache, etc. They aren't cheap, but they're worth every penny. I go there every time I visit Oman. I haven't found anything like it in Saudi Arabia. :-/

Confession: I make buttercream and eat it without cake. Sometimes I mix in blueberries or strawberries.

At least you make the buttercream.

Your post just reminded me that there is some leftover pre-made frosting in my fridge and I fully intend to eat it, with a spoon, over the next few days... willful cakelessness. Nor am I going to mix in fruit and up the nutritional quotient.

I love frosting. I happily eat it without cake. Sometimes I eat it off the cake and throw the cake away. :)

Hahaha I do too Patricia!! I heart icing so much!

When I would stay at my grandma's I would always look in her fridge to see if she had any icing & then I would take a spoon & eat some.

In high school my friends & I would go to the grocery store on our spares just to buy icing to eat.

American translation?

Uhhh, I'm not sure. It was a timeslot we didn't have a class for... If I didn't have a class from 10:00-11:00, for example, it was a "spare".

ETA: After seeing the above posts, I'm thinking free period would be what I mean :smile:

I was a bad kid and used to go drink dollar draft at a breakfast restaurant on my spares, hahaha.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    So.... the word "syrup." You guys say see-rup or sir-up?

I'm all about sir-up ;)

I say seer-up.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    So just to let you all know - according to the mean temperature data I could find I live in the coldest spot of all of us. Except for maybe @ythannah who is probably a bit colder depending where in the area she is.

Average mean temperatures for January (in both C and F):

Thunder Bay: -15 / 5
    Edmonton: -11.7 / 11
    Montreal: - 8.9/16
    Dayton, OH: -2.5/27.5
    New Jersey: -1/30.5 (and the area of Kansas I checked was about the same)
    Portland, OR: 5.2/41
    Dayton, OH: 8/46
    Saudi Arabia: 14/57
    Corpus Christie, TX: 14/57

If I don't know exactly where in your state you live, I just picked a large city that I hoped was close.

ETA: Obviously I didn't do everyone. I just picked a few people at random.

Dayton, OH is on the list twice. Should that be something else?

Also, 30°F sounds about right for January because February is usually our coldest month for some weird reason. It was unusually warm in January this year. On our warmest day it was 74°F or 23.33°C. People were wearing shorts and it was weird.

I'm really behind but yes the second Dayton was somewhere in Tennessee. I can't remember what city I picked.

OK. So, when I got curious and looked up Nashville (where I live) just to see, it was close to the temp for the second Dayton. That makes sense. Ha! (And still too cold!)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Kevrrr wrote: »
    This about confessions right? I just ate a baked chicken leg quarter from our cafeteria at work that was so dry I didn't even want to log it into my diary as food. I'm going to go eat an ice cream drum stick in retaliation.

Ha! That's awesome!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I'm off on vacation tomorrow morning. When we went away in March I was nearly 20lbs heavier, yet I decided to throw caution to the wind and wear a bikini and it was fine. Why am I second guessing it this time?!

Because it's a bikini and they're confidence, self-esteem killers. At least that's how I feel in them. I only went sans coverup once while in Florida and that's only because my brother, his wife, AND Mr. Mo were all going into the ocean and I didn't want to be a fuddy duddy left on the beach alone.

Wear the bikini! You'll thank yourself later. Trust me.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Ok... I have a fun question for you guys: What do you call soda? Do you call it pop, soda, soft drink, or coke (for all drinks)? I grew up in South Carolina and down there, as far as I'm concerned, pretty much all of us call it soda. I've never heard anyone actually say ''pop.'' And why would you call every soda ''Coke?" Coke is a specific drink!!!

I took a quiz to see where in the US I sound like I'm from. Florida, Maine, and Boston were high up there (Boston, really?). Here's the quiz if you guys want something to do: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/12/20/sunday-review/dialect-quiz-map.html

:lol:

EDIT: Apparently I sound absolutely nothing like people from Detroit.
    EDIT2: Took the quiz again and got three cities in California. No matter what it says Detroit is least similar.

I call it soda pop, but one of my brothers calls it Coke. As in, "What kind of Coke do you want? Sprite or Pepsi?"
    I don't get this at all :lol: Coke is just ONE drink! If I asked for coke and someone asked me ''What coke do you want?'' I'd be like ''Uhhh... coke? :neutral: " I wonder... which specific region in the US/anywhere else calls it coke?

If someone asked me that I would have thought they were asking if I wanted fat coke, diet coke, coke zero or coke life. Not a completely different fizzy drink all together, lol

You forgot fat Cherry Coke Vanilla Coke Zero. Which is the best of all of the Cokes.

fixed! :p

I had a lot of trouble finding my beloved Vanilla Coke Zero last time I was in the US (we don't have it here at all)... hope it's not being discontinued.

Do they make Cherry Coke Zero?! I tried Mr. Mo's Coke Zero and rum the other night and it was decent. I think I could hang with a Cherry Coke Zero if it's available. I could just Google it, but I'm lazy. :smiley:

• rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Ok... I have a fun question for you guys: What do you call soda? Do you call it pop, soda, soft drink, or coke (for all drinks)? I grew up in South Carolina and down there, as far as I'm concerned, pretty much all of us call it soda. I've never heard anyone actually say ''pop.'' And why would you call every soda ''Coke?" Coke is a specific drink!!!

I took a quiz to see where in the US I sound like I'm from. Florida, Maine, and Boston were high up there (Boston, really?). Here's the quiz if you guys want something to do: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/12/20/sunday-review/dialect-quiz-map.html

EDIT2: Took the quiz again and got three cities in California. No matter what it says Detroit is least similar.

I tried the quiz and got an error at the end so I don't know.

But it's pop - I am Canadian after all. ;)

Well, I got St Louis, Overland Park, Kansas City. Makes sense, I grew up about 60 miles east of STL.

Some of those would have been different growing up, but I've changed what I call some things. When we were little, we called it sodey pop. Now, it's just soda. LOL
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    In high school my friends & I would go to the grocery store on our spares just to buy icing to eat.

American translation?

I wondered the same thing? Breaks? Extra time between classes?

ETA: I must've been behind by a page or 2, as I see this has been answered!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Kevrrr wrote: »

Yes, this is how we do it.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Can't believe I forgot to tell you all this!!
    Remember my special needs boy who almost missed his exam and you all talked me down when I was freaking out about it?! He passed!! That means he's graduated high school, so we are all very, very happy and relieved.

@raelynnsmama52512 - This is the boy who at 3 was assessed and had virtually no language (receptive or expressive), plus a bunch of other learning issues, and at 15 was diagnosed on the autistic spectrum. He now has a girlfriend and a little circle of good friends, and has now graduated from the regular school program. I would never in my wildest dreams imagined he would be at this point when he was very young. Stick with it and I'm sure she'll surprise you.
    (Now he has to get a job!!)
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Catching up on overnight posts:

"What kind of coke do you want?" "Do you have Diet Dr. Pepper?" (Everything is coke in southeast Texas.) I also grew up saying "ya'll", but try my best to not use that now, unless I'm talking to people back home. I worked at a beer barn in college. (It was a convenience store when I started there, but they converted it to drive through mostly beer soon after.) I would have been severely chastised had I not said, "Yes, ma'am" to my mother (or any other adult female) growing up. My mother-in-law laughs at me when I say it to her. (She's from NY.) My most similar cities were Lubbock, Ft. Worth, and Little Rock. I grew up southeast of Ft. Worth and currently live northwest of Little Rock.

I love BIG dogs!

@raelynnsmama52512 I currently live in a 3 BR 1 Bath single wide, small but very livable. Definitely beats renting! Good luck!

I'm in for the imaginary party, swimming or not, wine is good. Should I bring cake?
    That is always the right question, and YES is always the answer!

I like the way you think, @Tubbs216 !

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

I call it soda pop, but one of my brothers calls it Coke. As in, "What kind of Coke do you want? Sprite or Pepsi?"
    I don't get this at all :lol: Coke is just ONE drink! If I asked for coke and someone asked me ''What coke do you want?'' I'd be like ''Uhhh... coke? :neutral: " I wonder... which specific region in the US/anywhere else calls it coke?

If someone asked me that I would have thought they were asking if I wanted fat coke, diet coke, coke zero or coke life. Not a completely different fizzy drink all together, lol

You forgot fat Cherry Coke Vanilla Coke Zero. Which is the best of all of the Cokes.

fixed! :p

I had a lot of trouble finding my beloved Vanilla Coke Zero last time I was in the US (we don't have it here at all)... hope it's not being discontinued.

Do they make Cherry Coke Zero?! I tried Mr. Mo's Coke Zero and rum the other night and it was decent. I think I could hang with a Cherry Coke Zero if it's available. I could just Google it, but I'm lazy. :smiley:

Yes they do!! That's what I drink!! <3 Or (please don't hurt me ) Diet Dr. Pepper & Diet cherry Dr. Pepper...those aer my go to pop drinks!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Remember my special needs boy who almost missed his exam and you all talked me down when I was freaking out about it?! He passed!! That means he's graduated high school, so we are all very, very happy and relieved.

@raelynnsmama52512 - This is the boy who at 3 was assessed and had virtually no language (receptive or expressive), plus a bunch of other learning issues, and at 15 was diagnosed on the autistic spectrum. He now has a girlfriend and a little circle of good friends, and has now graduated from the regular school program. I would never in my wildest dreams imagined he would be at this point when he was very young. Stick with it and I'm sure she'll surprise you.

That is really wonderful! Good for him.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I'm off on vacation tomorrow morning. When we went away in March I was nearly 20lbs heavier, yet I decided to throw caution to the wind and wear a bikini and it was fine. Why am I second guessing it this time?!

Because it's a bikini and they're confidence, self-esteem killers. AT least that's how I feel in them. I only went sans coverup once while in Florida and that's only because my brother, his wife, AND Mr. Mo were all going into the ocean and I didn't want to be a fuddy duddy left on the beach alone.

Wear the bikini! You'll thank yourself later. Trust me.
    Yes, but that's what I did earlier this year when I was heavier. This time around I feel much more self conscious, even though I've lost quite a lot more weight. Trying to understand why...
  • Keith3481
    Keith3481 Posts: 91 Member
    Options

They do make Cherry Coke Zero! We can get them in Kentucky and Tennessee.

My confession: I had pizza yesterday. Twice.

• MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I prefer ice cream to cake by FAR. At birthday parties as a kid I sometimes decided to not take cake and just eat ice cream. Especially those gross cakes with the generic icing you can get in grocery stores. Don't know what the type of icing is called... but while kids were screaming for the piece in the center with the most blue frilly icing on it, I was like ''Just give me the end piece." Now one time I had a cake that switched out icing for some delicious strawberry filling and I was all for seconds. :tongue:

This is me, except the strawberry filling part, since I generally hate fruit mixed into any kind of dessert. Most grocery store cakes and even standard bakery cakes taste yucky to me, especially that really weird styrofoam textured icing that they use. It's very, very rare that I find a cake that I actually WANT to eat--there's only ONE bakery in Oman that I enjoy cake from. One. In the whole country. :p (At least it's the only one that I know of, and I've tasted quite a lot.)
    Yes! Styrofoamy is right. I can really love a good home baked cake, though. My sister and I once made a delicious black cherry chocolate cake. You probably wouldn't like it because of the fruit, but maaaan it was delicious. I also love making homemade carrot cakes with CREAM CHEESE icing.

Exactly! When I first met my in-laws, they bought a cake that was supposedly red velvet from a bakery that has a good reputation here in Saudi Arabia. It was terrible--it tasted just like a grocery store cake, stale and styrofoamy. I forced it down out of politeness. :s

The cake bakery that I enjoy makes THE BEST dense, fresh, DELICIOUS cakes with real buttercream icing, cream cheese frosting, chocolate ganache, etc. They aren't cheap, but they're worth every penny. I go there every time I visit Oman. I haven't found anything like it in Saudi Arabia. :-/

Confession: I make buttercream and eat it without cake. Sometimes I mix in blueberries or strawberries.

At least you make the buttercream.

Your post just reminded me that there is some leftover pre-made frosting in my fridge and I fully intend to eat it, with a spoon, over the next few days... willful cakelessness. Nor am I going to mix in fruit and up the nutritional quotient.

I love frosting. I happily eat it without cake. Sometimes I eat it off the cake and throw the cake away. :)

Hahaha I do too Patricia!! I heart icing so much!

When I would stay at my grandma's I would always look in her fridge to see if she had any icing & then I would take a spoon & eat some.

American translation?

Uhhh, I'm not sure. It was a timeslot we didn't have a class for... If I didn't have a class from 10:00-11:00, for example, it was a "spare".

ETA: After seeing the above posts, I'm thinking free period would be what I mean :smile:

I was a bad kid and used to go drink dollar draft at a breakfast restaurant on my spares, hahaha.

Spares for me was spent either out in the sun or doing homework I didn't do the night before lol
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options

Ahh this makes me so happy!! Congrats to both of you (I can't even begin to wrap my head around how much work you must of done for the sake of your boy)