Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Do any of the wonderful Canadians on here who enjoy mystery/detective novels read Louise Penny's Inspector Gamache series? She's a Canadian author whose novels are set in Canada. Anyhow, I love them. I'm very excited that her newest book in the series will be released on my birthday next month!!

Confession - I'm worried that setting a goal weight will mean that I'll rest on my laurels once I get there, setting me up for gaining it back. I need to change my mind set away from having an "end goal" because then the process is over....and I tend to sprint to the finish, if that makes sense. Like go all out to get to that goal weight, especially now that it's within reach, and then have a let down once I'm there. @pofoster21 How did you handle this? Maybe if I keep setting goals for myself re: fitness challenges or hikes or bike rides, that'll keep me focused on continually improving overall (instead of being weight-focused). Anyone else have tips?

I set a goal of finishing a 5k in under 45 minutes. I have done it and discovered I hate running, but I didn't quit and still run a couple of charity races a year. LOL! so I joined a gym and took some classes and discovered that I enjoy yoga, the Barre is still a killer at creating great calves, and I enjoy lifting with my husband. My new goals are to be able to do crow pose and to bench, deadlift and squat my bodyweight. Good luck!

I also have goals to deadlift, bench, and squat my bodyweight! I'm hoping to accomplish this by the end of the year. My boyfriend says I should hit those goals well before the end of the year...here's hoping!

I can deadlift and squat my body weight...but bench?!? Man, it's gonna take me a loooong time to get there. That or I need to lose a lot of weight. LOL

Hehehe, that was my thought too. I'm at body weight now for deadlift (will be above on Thursday) and close to on squat (lifted 105 today, I weight 135). My bench this morning was 70, and I think I'm going to be hanging out at 75 for a couple of weeks based on how I barely made 70 today. My overhead press is 60, and I think I'm going to be there for a long time, too. These are 5x5 weights though (you're a fellow SL 5X5-er, right?), so maybe we could do a body weight max on bench?

@quiksylver296 and @WestCoastJo82 I wish I could work out with you ladies. I want so badly to start lifting heavy but I'm so scared I'll hurt myself. I also wish I could get my husband to work out with me, but he has zero interest in that.

Start slow and work your way up! This is one thing that I really like about Stronglifts - it has you start with the empty bar so you can practice good form before it gets heavy (well not all the way empty for deadlifts and rows, but that's because it needs to be off the ground). I do love a work-out buddy though...move to eastern Washington :)

I started with 2.5lbs on each end of the bar for deadlift in January. I knew I had to get that form right or my left knee would be lost to surgery. I still back off weight and work back up every time I have knee pain. I will get to my 160 lifts eventually, but I will not blow out my knee on the way. So, yes, start slow and work your way up.

I started with 55 on the deadlift, I think...up to 65 now, but it's only been two weeks! I'm going to try 75 tonight, my boyfriend said he thinks I can do up to 95 tonight...I appreciate his faith in me lol.

Of course, he's the one who benches 255, so.... :neutral:

My husband teases me that he benches more than I can deadlift. Jerk. <3

Haha. Yeah Mr. NY said earlier "We'll put 20s on the bar...so you can deadlift 85 and I'll curl it". Jerk.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I'm one of those weirdo's...I prefer cold weather to warm. It's easier to get warm when you're cold and also winter clothes are my FAVE!! I love sweaters, leggings, skinny jeans, sweater dresses, boots, and my all time favorite- COATS!! <3

I hear you, but the cute winter clothes are only wearable for a few weeks here before you're stuck in your down parka and long underwear and your Sorels (mine look like this...) NOT cute. The mittens, toque, scarf, ski jacket, ski pants, and winter boots I have to stuff behind my office door every day in the winter are not my idea of a nice outfit, lol.

I do like getting to run around in my riding boots and fancy wool pea coat and no fleece tights under my trousers for a few weeks in spring and fall, but it's so short-lived. Sigh.

I disagree. I think those boots are adorable. Are they comfortable and warm? I need a good long lasting pair of snow boots for when we do get snow and I have to trek through it. Mind you, I'm talking Kansas winters, not Canadian winters.

They're coldrated to -32C, I think, so with a pair of wool socks they keep me warm every day. I don't know how cold it gets there but I think they'd be more than adequate for you. However, they are very, very sturdy so they're a bit heavy and might be a bit of overkill as you can probably find something a bit more flexible and lighter that would still do the job. Sorels are some of the best boots out there for cold and snow, though, so I'd definitely recommend checking them out for a good boot for you.

I may have to check them out. I wonder if any of the stores here carry them. I think last winter, it got down to -23C but that's as cold as I can remember in recent years. I also think we got 14" of snow the year before last. Those boots would have come in mighty handy.

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Do any of the wonderful Canadians on here who enjoy mystery/detective novels read Louise Penny's Inspector Gamache series? She's a Canadian author whose novels are set in Canada. Anyhow, I love them. I'm very excited that her newest book in the series will be released on my birthday next month!!

Confession - I'm worried that setting a goal weight will mean that I'll rest on my laurels once I get there, setting me up for gaining it back. I need to change my mind set away from having an "end goal" because then the process is over....and I tend to sprint to the finish, if that makes sense. Like go all out to get to that goal weight, especially now that it's within reach, and then have a let down once I'm there. @pofoster21 How did you handle this? Maybe if I keep setting goals for myself re: fitness challenges or hikes or bike rides, that'll keep me focused on continually improving overall (instead of being weight-focused). Anyone else have tips?

I set a goal of finishing a 5k in under 45 minutes. I have done it and discovered I hate running, but I didn't quit and still run a couple of charity races a year. LOL! so I joined a gym and took some classes and discovered that I enjoy yoga, the Barre is still a killer at creating great calves, and I enjoy lifting with my husband. My new goals are to be able to do crow pose and to bench, deadlift and squat my bodyweight. Good luck!

I also have goals to deadlift, bench, and squat my bodyweight! I'm hoping to accomplish this by the end of the year. My boyfriend says I should hit those goals well before the end of the year...here's hoping!

I can deadlift and squat my body weight...but bench?!? Man, it's gonna take me a loooong time to get there. That or I need to lose a lot of weight. LOL

Hehehe, that was my thought too. I'm at body weight now for deadlift (will be above on Thursday) and close to on squat (lifted 105 today, I weight 135). My bench this morning was 70, and I think I'm going to be hanging out at 75 for a couple of weeks based on how I barely made 70 today. My overhead press is 60, and I think I'm going to be there for a long time, too. These are 5x5 weights though (you're a fellow SL 5X5-er, right?), so maybe we could do a body weight max on bench?

@quiksylver296 and @WestCoastJo82 I wish I could work out with you ladies. I want so badly to start lifting heavy but I'm so scared I'll hurt myself. I also wish I could get my husband to work out with me, but he has zero interest in that.

Start slow and work your way up! This is one thing that I really like about Stronglifts - it has you start with the empty bar so you can practice good form before it gets heavy (well not all the way empty for deadlifts and rows, but that's because it needs to be off the ground). I do love a work-out buddy though...move to eastern Washington :)

Tempting.

I think I just need to download SL app and start there. I don't have any other friends that work out so I don't have anyone that could be my work out buddy. I guess I could always find some random gym stranger that looks like they know what they're doing to help me. Maybe if I found some hot gym guy, Mr. Mo would be more willing to work out with me. :wink:

Ummm, NO! If she moves anywhere, she's moving to Boise!

Not if Mr. Mo has anything to say about it. He's got his heart set on moving to Florida. He LOVES it there.

@quiksylver296 if I move to Washington, I'd be closer to you than I am now and you've never offered to be my work out buddy, like @WestCoastJo82 .

I thought we were at a point in our relationship, Mo, where it was just a given. Mayhap I presumed too much. LOL

You have to say the words, Willow. :wink:

I would be HONORED to work out with any of you hard bodies. I am always so intimidated by the ladies I see lifting in the gym. There was one there Saturday that I just kept staring at. She probably thought I was some weirdo. I mean, I AM, but that's not why I was staring.

I have always felt pretty comfortable in the weight room, because I took a weightlifting class in high school and was taught my way around. I am always pleased to see new women in the weight room (when they are actually trying, and not just trying to pick up the guys).
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    @Lois_1989 YOU'RE BACK!!!! You have been missed!!!! <3 And now, I am going to find a calculator to see how much you are lifting in lbs, cuz I have no idea.

ETA: Nice lifting, Lois! Those are great numbers (now that I know what they equal)

Ditto!!

And I'm a middle-aged Canadian... the metric system was introduced while I was in school... I can think in both lbs and kg, inches and cm, grams and oz, miles and km, Celsius and Fahrenheit...

I can do the bolded, oz completely escape me and so does Fahrenheit. I know there is a little equation to figure out Fahrenheit to Celsius but I can never remember it. :confounded:

I cheat o:) I have an app that converts for me so I can convert it quickly and talk to SO about celcius temps like I know what I'm talking about hahaha

Well in my opinion:

0-10C - Cold to chilly (warm jacket)
    10-20C - Chilly to cardigan weather
    20-30C - Cardigan to perfect
    30C + = WAY too hot for me.

26-28C is my perfect weather
    Starts at 0?? Update for Western Canada:
    -0 to -10C - Getting chilly - maybe wear a jacket out. Gloves too, if it's windy. T-shirt ok if it's still and sunny.
    -10 to -15C - Really should wear a jacket. Snow boots too, possibly.
    -15 to -20C - Ok, now it's getting a bit cold. Don't hang around too long outside.
    -20 to -30C - Ugh, Calgary weather! Do not lick lampost. Very fast dog walks.
    -30 to -40C - Time to hibernate with Netflix.
    -40 and colder - YOU DIE!!!!
    -10C (14 F) is "getting chilly?" Oh man. I know I've been living in Canada for four years and all but the winter weather is just terrible. I guess it's even worse in western Canada? :( In the South we would have all been dying at -10 C.

Where I live, by the time March hits and it's only -10, it is tshirt weather.

This is my avatar usually for January.

ohvsubrsyb0e.jpg

This. I hate the cold weather. Wish I could hibernate from December to April lol

Same! This past winter was my first in Tennessee, and it was too cold. Need to move farther south next time. I'm hoping all the people who said this past winter was the worst in a long time weren't just trying to make me feel better. I didn't leave Chicago to have to deal with winter down here too!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

I'm so glad that my husband is willing to do whatever workout I want. We're lifting again in addition to the running and biking the past few weeks. If he wasn't on board, we'd probably never see each other...

I've asked him repeatedly and he says he's just too tired. He works in a hot body shop on his feet for 10+ hours a day. The only thing he wants to do when he gets home is strip down to his skivvies and lounge on the couch. I can't blame the guy, but I wish he'd budge just a little. You're lucky (and anyone else) that your SO/husband/whoever, wants to work out with you. I envy you.

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those weirdo's...I prefer cold weather to warm. It's easier to get warm when you're cold and also winter clothes are my FAVE!! I love sweaters, leggings, skinny jeans, sweater dresses, boots, and my all time favorite- COATS!! <3

I hear you, but the cute winter clothes are only wearable for a few weeks here before you're stuck in your down parka and long underwear and your Sorels (mine look like this...) NOT cute. The mittens, toque, scarf, ski jacket, ski pants, and winter boots I have to stuff behind my office door every day in the winter are not my idea of a nice outfit, lol.

I do like getting to run around in my riding boots and fancy wool pea coat and no fleece tights under my trousers for a few weeks in spring and fall, but it's so short-lived. Sigh.

I disagree. I think those boots are adorable. Are they comfortable and warm? I need a good long lasting pair of snow boots for when we do get snow and I have to trek through it. Mind you, I'm talking Kansas winters, not Canadian winters.

I do too, I love sorels!! And Mo I would love to wear tanks too if I had guns like yours!!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    @MoHousdon I have Bogs that I wear during the winter, I love them!! You can find pretty ones too, but they're super comfortable and warm! And durable!
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

I don't really care for ice cream either. I REALLY have to be in the mood for it, or have a piece of warm apple/cherry pie or brownie or chocolate cake to put it on. I'm definitely NOT one of those people that can sit down and eat a whole pint (not judging) even if I really like the flavor. It's cold, and makes my stomach hurt. Also, I don't think it's worth the calories. *hides with you*

Cookies, on the other hand, I LOVE cookies. Especially Mr. Mo's warm chocolate chips cookies. He uses the same recipe that Phoebe's grandma used. If you got this reference, we're officially best friends now!

As far as Quest Bars go, I have only just recently (within the last 6 months or a little longer) discovered them. For the amount of calories they contain, they have a really high protein count, and are extremely high in fiber, but don't do me nasty like the Pure Protein ones. Plus, they just taste really delicious...well, most of them do.

LOL @MoHousdon - I totally got that reference. Nestle Touloose... or Nestle Tollhouse.... hee hee Loved Friends. I hope you watched How I Met Your Mother, too, because that show has a LOT of quotable dialogue.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

I don't really care for ice cream either. I REALLY have to be in the mood for it, or have a piece of warm apple/cherry pie or brownie or chocolate cake to put it on. I'm definitely NOT one of those people that can sit down and eat a whole pint (not judging) even if I really like the flavor. It's cold, and makes my stomach hurt. Also, I don't think it's worth the calories. *hides with you*

Cookies, on the other hand, I LOVE cookies. Especially Mr. Mo's warm chocolate chips cookies. He uses the same recipe that Phoebe's grandma used. If you got this reference, we're officially best friends now!

As far as Quest Bars go, I have only just recently (within the last 6 months or a little longer) discovered them. For the amount of calories they contain, they have a really high protein count, and are extremely high in fiber, but don't do me nasty like the Pure Protein ones. Plus, they just taste really delicious...well, most of them do.

LOL @MoHousdon - I totally got that reference. Nestle Touloose... or Nestle Tollhouse.... hee hee Loved Friends. I hope you watched How I Met Your Mother, too, because that show has a LOT of quotable dialogue.

Ugh another classic! I'm on my fourth round of watching Friends from start to beginning I'm on season 9 I may have to start HIMYM up again, LOVE LOVE LOVE that show!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I prefer ice cream to cake by FAR. At birthday parties as a kid I sometimes decided to not take cake and just eat ice cream. Especially those gross cakes with the generic icing you can get in grocery stores. Don't know what the type of icing is called... but while kids were screaming for the piece in the center with the most blue frilly icing on it, I was like ''Just give me the end piece." Now one time I had a cake that switched out icing for some delicious strawberry filling and I was all for seconds. :tongue:

This is me, except the strawberry filling part, since I generally hate fruit mixed into any kind of dessert. Most grocery store cakes and even standard bakery cakes taste yucky to me, especially that really weird styrofoam textured icing that they use. It's very, very rare that I find a cake that I actually WANT to eat--there's only ONE bakery in Oman that I enjoy cake from. One. In the whole country. :p (At least it's the only one that I know of, and I've tasted quite a lot.)
    Yes! Styrofoamy is right. I can really love a good home baked cake, though. My sister and I once made a delicious black cherry chocolate cake. You probably wouldn't like it because of the fruit, but maaaan it was delicious. I also love making homemade carrot cakes with CREAM CHEESE icing.

Exactly! When I first met my in-laws, they bought a cake that was supposedly red velvet from a bakery that has a good reputation here in Saudi Arabia. It was terrible--it tasted just like a grocery store cake, stale and styrofoamy. I forced it down out of politeness. :s

The cake bakery that I enjoy makes THE BEST dense, fresh, DELICIOUS cakes with real buttercream icing, cream cheese frosting, chocolate ganache, etc. They aren't cheap, but they're worth every penny. I go there every time I visit Oman. I haven't found anything like it in Saudi Arabia. :-/

Confession: I make buttercream and eat it without cake. Sometimes I mix in blueberries or strawberries.

At least you make the buttercream.

Your post just reminded me that there is some leftover pre-made frosting in my fridge and I fully intend to eat it, with a spoon, over the next few days... willful cakelessness. Nor am I going to mix in fruit and up the nutritional quotient.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I'm having a little dinner party next week and I can't make up my mind about dessert...help?

I'm just doing bacon-wrapped scallops (and need something else here...help again?) as an app, and little stuffed cornish hens with a light salad and truffled roasted veg for dinner, so not super fussy but pretty heavy.

I thought about just doing a pie of some variety, because husband insists on the coconut-milk ice cream I make for company, but now I'm thinking maybe if I make soft cookies I can make homemade ice-cream sandwiches with them while they're warm and fresh? Maybe soft ginger cookies or snickerdoodles or something so I can make coconut-cardamom ice cream, or do coconut-caramel and just make double chocolate cookies.

I usually have too many things I want to make so deciding is hard.
  • ythannah
    Options

They're coldrated to -32C, I think, so with a pair of wool socks they keep me warm every day. I don't know how cold it gets there but I think they'd be more than adequate for you. However, they are very, very sturdy so they're a bit heavy and might be a bit of overkill as you can probably find something a bit more flexible and lighter that would still do the job. Sorels are some of the best boots out there for cold and snow, though, so I'd definitely recommend checking them out for a good boot for you.

I have the old super ugly -40 rated Sorels for shovelling

il_570xN.392776109_98a0.jpg

only mine are an incredibly unattractive purplish-burgundy colour.

I can't even drive in them, they're just too big, and you can't feel the pedals at all.
  • jthurman3
    Options
    I wondered the same thing. Although, Monica was a chef, not a baker.

I loved it when she wore the fat suit too. It was the best!

One of my favorite Friends scenes is when Joey wears ALL of Chandler's clothes, while "commando", and starts doing lunges. Hee hee
  • ythannah
    Options

I started with 2.5lbs on each end of the bar for deadlift in January. I knew I had to get that form right or my left knee would be lost to surgery. I still back off weight and work back up every time I have knee pain. I will get to my 160 lifts eventually, but I will not blow out my knee on the way. So, yes, start slow and work your way up.

I started with 55 on the deadlift, I think...up to 65 now, but it's only been two weeks! I'm going to try 75 tonight, my boyfriend said he thinks I can do up to 95 tonight...I appreciate his faith in me lol.

Of course, he's the one who benches 255, so.... :neutral:

My husband teases me that he benches more than I can deadlift. Jerk. <3

Haha. Yeah Mr. NY said earlier "We'll put 20s on the bar...so you can deadlift 85 and I'll curl it". Jerk.

I'm so lucky that mine has never lifted, and never will because he has major back issues, so he's terrifically impressed (or pretends to be) by my puny little lifts. Apparently he once picked up my bench press bar and said that it was "really heavy"... ummm, 40 lbs?

Although every time I hear "Okay, Miss Muscles..." I know I'm going to be called upon to help lift something heavy, like a transmission. I'm sure he can't wait for the day I can assist with moving an engine block.
  • jthurman3
    Options
    Starts at 0?? Update for Western Canada:
    -0 to -10C - Deathly freezing. Wear five layers of clothing and maybe a ski mask.
    -10 to -15C - Add some more layers. Maybe hibernate inside an incubator.
    -15 to -20C - Your blood feels frozen. Is your blood frozen?!
    -20 to -30C - You're already dead.
    -30 to -40C - Not applicable. Because dead.
    -40 and colder - Also not applicable. See above.

Fixed for an Arabian's (specifically a gulf one) point of view. ;) [/quote]

THIS made me laugh out loud at work where I drew some funny looks from co-workers. I am, after all, supposed to be doing very worky, computery things over here and @Susieq_1994 has totally and irreparably blown my cover.

It was worth it.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I'm having a little dinner party next week and I can't make up my mind about dessert...help?

I'm just doing bacon-wrapped scallops (and need something else here...help again?) as an app, and little stuffed cornish hens with a light salad and truffled roasted veg for dinner, so not super fussy but pretty heavy.

I thought about just doing a pie of some variety, because husband insists on the coconut-milk ice cream I make for company, but now I'm thinking maybe if I make soft cookies I can make homemade ice-cream sandwiches with them while they're warm and fresh? Maybe soft ginger cookies or snickerdoodles or something so I can make coconut-cardamom ice cream, or do coconut-caramel and just make double chocolate cookies.

Ooh, ooh I love food! So I think I would do a caponata or something like that on toast points for the app - to get some veggie and starch into the app round. I've made this one http://www.cookinglight.com/food/in-season/artichoke-recipes/artichoke-fennel-caponata from Cooking light before and thought it was awesome. It's also something that you could totally prep pre-party since it sounds like you'll have a lot that needs immediate attention.
    Dessert is what I usually to farm out to the people who don't take "you really don't need to bring anything" for an answer. That being said, your ice cream sounds amazing! The coconut-cardamom with ginger cookies would be my vote there.
  • ythannah
    Options

I vote for coconut-caramel ice cream with double chocolate cookies... chocolate, coconut and caramel being my three favourites.

I also vote for inviting me to the dessert portion of the dinner party.
  • jthurman3
    Options
    Where I live, by the time March hits and it's only -10, it is tshirt weather.

This is my avatar usually for January.

ohvsubrsyb0e.jpg

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Good question.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 That is exciting news!! I hope it all works out for you!

@raelynnsmama52512 Best wishes that the financing will come through for you!
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 exciting. I hope it all works out well for you. That is a lot of moving pieces coming together. Best of luck in everything!

Thanks y'all! ❤️

Haven't found type original post yet but my brief app is over until l later so will add here best wishes and fingers crossed!
    @riderfangal I can totally get behind some retail therapy! Better than going home and eating lots of high caloried food! (in my opinion so not trying to offend anyone, I obviously can't stop feeding myself haha)

I HATE shopping, hate it! I feel like its all I do sometimes. Yesterday I needed new pants for work, so while out running my errands I stopped in my usual clothing store, and was in and out with two pairs of pants in ten minutes. When I have to spend time trying stuff on or looking for something in particular, it drives me mad, I wish everything I needed was just bagged at the counter and I could just go in and pay and get out, lol. Today I have to go grocery shopping, which is the bane of my existence......ugh.

Well...we know I love clothes shopping. I am a master at Marshalls. I am a machine. I can buzz through that place in 30 min and walk out with great stuff. But again. Grocery shopping. Ick. When I move to Saudi Arabia Susie is going to take care of it for me. :)

Double grocery runs for me! Yay! ;)

And double cooking. I think you would be horrified at how I eat out and that my cupboard is all canned soup and protein bars and that my refrigerator is empty. If I remember I'll post a pic tonight to show you!

Okay as promised here are my refrigerator and my cabinet.

Hehehehehe! Oh man, so I don't think the cabinet is bad, but that is one sad fridge.
    Sad? I think you mean awesome! My fridge is full of old Chinese food, half eaten bits of cheese, empty orange juice cartons and a gigantic watermelon that I bought over a week ago and that nobody, inexplicably, is interested in eating. It needs a total empty and a really thorough cleaning, but I just can't bring myself to get motivated. I would LOVE to open it and find it suddenly looking like POF's fridge!

Mine is full of eggs, sliced turkey, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, cauliflower, three different types of cheese, whipping cream, fresh milk, butter, margarine, bread, diet soda... And both your fridge AND hers sound terrible. ;)

I haven't been grocery shopping since we got back from camping, I have some leftovers from the camping trip but we are in pretty dire straights... I need to get that sorted out and get myself back into a routine >.<

Sheesh. I feel like a freak. One fridge isn't enough for us. I have a second fridge in the garage, plus an upright freezer out there. We go through a TON of food. One example: Hubby grilled 6 lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs on Sunday for dinner. We each brought some for lunch, and they were gone before I got home from work yesterday. There are 3 of us.
    We always have tons of food too. The chest freezer is always packed with frozen meat (minimum: ground beef, steaks, chicken breasts, chicken thighs or drumsticks, shrimp, scallops, a white fish, and salmon) and bread (we don't eat it fast enough to keep it fresh but I usually have buns of some type, sandwich bread, naan, and homemade pizza crust) and frozen fruit. Right now I have like six pounds of shredded cheese in there too.

The fridge is pretty well always stuffed too. I need to have salad greens, bell peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, green onions, green apples, eggs, bacon, and a hard and soft cheese in there all the time, plus we've always got about a hundred jars of pickles and olives and stuff. And mustard. Literally ten kinds of mustard and ten kinds of hot sauce at all times. It's bad. And our roommate always has beer in there too.

Yet somehow nothing ever lasts long enough to go bad, thanks to my bottomless pit of a husband and my obsessive FIFO habits.

In my freezer I have two bags of chicken thighs, one bag of chicken breast, tilapia, mixed veggies, cauliflower, & a few frozen meals for when I am too lazy to make anything.

In my pantry I have around 5 boxes of protein bars, a package of the new Thin Golden Oreos, some Seaweed I probably won't eat, & some flavored pea snacks. In my other cabinets I have 6 peanut butters, various canned veggies/beans, around 8-9 different cereals, & rice.

In my fridge freezer, I have frozen food. In my upright freezer, I have more frozen food. In my fridge, I have lots of food that will probably not get eaten. In my walk-in pantry, I have yet more food.

I envy those of you that have full inventory of what you have on hand. I would love that but don't ever see that happening.

It's pretty easy for me because I'm the only one that really touches the food. My husband doesn't cook or buy groceries so everything that is purchased or used is done so by me. No matter how often I tell him otherwise, he always thinks he needs to tell me when he eats something, too, which is kind of hilarious. "Just so you know, I ate some Doritos and olives last night after you went to bed." I'm like, okay...? He knows I don't eat either of those things so it's not like he's messing up my dinner plans. I think he's just trying to help me with my mental inventory so I know when we're out and need to buy him more snacks, but sometimes I have to say "Honey, you're an adult, they're your groceries too, and you don't need my permission to eat whatever you feel like." He's so funny.

LOL! That's funny. I keep track of all the finances, and my husband will ask me if he can spend $20 to get a haircut or something like that. I'm not the dictator of the money, do what you need to do!

We both go to the grocery store together most of the time, unless he runs down to the one by the house to pick up something we need. I could never have a full inventory of everything on hand. Of course, if something happened where we couldn't get food, we could live for months and months on all of the food that's in the house right now...

Hehe...i can't track what's in my house as far as food because there are teenage boys eating it. I did get a text just now. "We're out of milk."
  • jmac4263
    jmac4263 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I took a scoop of peanut butter out of the jar, dumped a few mini chocolate chips in my hand stuck them to the peanutbutter and ate it.... just like that..... after I had a salad for lunch.