Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the kind words after the loss of our dog last night, especially since I haven't been posting in here lately (had to give it up because I wasn't getting any work done ). It's been a sad day here.

I think the hardest thing is how sudden it was, and that we don't know what happened.

And I apologize for my role in the argument last night. Even though I don't get to come in here much, the thread still means a lot.
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Thirded!! Or maybed fifthed by this point (I'm behind). I binge watched a show called Parenthood. Now am watching Friday Night Lights. (Already watched Breaking Bad, Mad Men, and Sherlock.) I have an ecclectic taste in TV. I :heart: many BBC shows and binge watch them when I can. Like Call the Midwife.

I absolutely loved both Parenthood and Friday Night Lights!!!

@kecmw25 Oh yay! I'm not alone in this. I REALLY loved Parenthood and am very much loving Friday Night Lights. I don't know what I'll do when I'm done with FNL, though. Recommendations of other such quality shows on Netflix?
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    50918205.jpg

This. Pretty Please?!
    ETA: with a cherry on top?

I want this kitten, and the meme it's reaching out for. I love this thread and don't want it to go away.

• kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Thirded!! Or maybed fifthed by this point (I'm behind). I binge watched a show called Parenthood. Now am watching Friday Night Lights. (Already watched Breaking Bad, Mad Men, and Sherlock.) I have an ecclectic taste in TV. I :heart: many BBC shows and binge watch them when I can. Like Call the Midwife.

@kecmw25 Oh yay! I'm not alone in this. I REALLY loved Parenthood and am very much loving Friday Night Lights. I don't know what I'll do when I'm done with FNL, though. Recommendations of other such quality shows on Netflix?

Have you watched Gilmore Girls? Lauren Graham from Parenthood was in it and I loved that show too. I pretty sure it's on Netflix
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Why I do squats. :smiley:

I may have been admiring my backside for an inappropriate amount of time in the dressing room. :smiley:

Yeah! Admire that puppy all you want - you worked hard for it! (Sounds a little creepy - sorry)

Wonder how many FR I'd get if I set that as my profile picture.

Lots!!! :)

Mr. Mo wouldn't like that, so I probably shouldn't.

• barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    So, I don't know if anyone remembers my wedding drama from way back in April*, but the short story is that my "best friend" would rather never talk to me again that work out our issues. I feel like I've broken up with a spouse. She and I have been friends longer than I've known my husband. I don't even really understand how she got this mad, and she won't tell me. And that is why I'm taking the Boo Radley challenge (not really, but I'm very sad).

*Cliff notes: She was helping me plan, I decided to elope for many valid reasons, she couldn't make it, she felt I cut her out.

:(
    I remember that. It always stinks to lose a friendship. It was your day.

Also, never loan money to a friend. I have been without one of my best friends for years because I loaned her something like $600 in 2004 (which I never saw again, even though she took her kids to Cancun with her tax refund a few months after the loan). Honestly, I don't even care about that money. We've been trying to rebuild the friendship over the past couple of years, and it's been really tough - even harder because I don't live in the same town anymore.

That's the problem with lending money to friends--you start noticing how they spend every penny. You get Starbucks every day but you're unable to pay back $50? And don't get me started on the ones who make you feel petty for even asking.

Not lending anybody any money ever again. Better to just give the cash.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

Have you watched Gilmore Girls? Lauren Graham from Parenthood was in it and I loved that show too. I pretty sure it's on Netflix

It is on Netflix. I loved the series. And I'm sad Parenthood is over.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    @KylerJaye How's things with the new man??

pretty good!!

last night we did a double date, dinner and movie, with my bff and her boyfriend (is it weird that i was giddy for this?).

everyone got along really well and we had a super great time!
    he's so nice, and kind and sweet and cute as heck ;)

i'll totally admit, i've become quite smitten with mr jaye :D

ETA: i know it's still really early, but we've seemingly crammed about 2-3 normal months of dating into two weeks. so i'm trying not to get overly excited. trying....so....hard....

I was curious too, so I'm glad Rider asked. I think it's awesome you introduced him to your bff. I'm sure her opinion means a lot so I'm glad everyone had a great time.

Please, keep updating us.

• rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    @MoHousdon - save the night out for Saturday and just hang at home. Sounds like the best plan after a work out.

We've got friends coming in town that we're going out with tomorrow night. They've opened a new brewery in town and we're going to check it out. Mr. Mo is VERY excited. I think we will just do the takeout and Breaking Bad thing. If we really put our minds to it, we may even be able to finish the series.

The brewery thing sounds fun!! Try some new stuff for me. I love some specialty beer!! I can't do it that often though because calories. It is an indulgence I look forward to when I go out.

I'm not a beer drinker, AT ALL, but Mr. Mo is so I'm sure he'll try plenty. I've heard they have good food, so that's what I'm mostly excited about.

I drink beer sometimes after a race. It's always the kind that "real" beer drinkers hate. I don't like a heavy beer, give me my Michelob Ultra. LOL
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Speaking of dancing- did I tell you guys I was in the newspaper for sharing a dance with a resident at the local Veterans' Home on Independence Day? (I can't remember if I shared and don't want to look back through pages...) I was volunteering, helping serve lunch and just chatting with the residents. When he found out I was from Texas, he asked if I could 2 step and I said, "Of course!" The reporter took a pic of us dancing and it was published in the Sunday paper. My DH doesn't dance.

ETA: That's my husband standing behind the fence in the background watching.

I love it!! How funny that your Dh was standing in the background watching. hehe.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »

Me too. I cried so hard during the last episode.

• rungirl1973
    Options
    So, I don't know if anyone remembers my wedding drama from way back in April*, but the short story is that my "best friend" would rather never talk to me again that work out our issues. I feel like I've broken up with a spouse. She and I have been friends longer than I've known my husband. I don't even really understand how she got this mad, and she won't tell me. And that is why I'm taking the Boo Radley challenge (not really, but I'm very sad).

*Cliff notes: She was helping me plan, I decided to elope for many valid reasons, she couldn't make it, she felt I cut her out.

:(
    I remember that. It always stinks to lose a friendship. It was your day.

Also, never loan money to a friend. I have been without one of my best friends for years because I loaned her something like $600 in 2004 (which I never saw again, even though she took her kids to Cancun with her tax refund a few months after the loan). Honestly, I don't even care about that money. We've been trying to rebuild the friendship over the past couple of years, and it's been really tough - even harder because I don't live in the same town anymore.

That's the problem with lending money to friends--you start noticing how they spend every penny. You get Starbucks every day but you're unable to pay back $50? And don't get me started on the ones who make you feel petty for even asking.

Not lending anybody any money ever again. Better to just give the cash.

I had an ex who borrowed something like $1,000 from me to buy clothes for a new job. He was moving 300 miles away to take the job, but we were planning to try to keep seeing each other. That didn't work out, and he agreed to pay me back as he was able. Months go by with nothing. I was unemployed at this time, as I'd been laid off due to a reduction in the Engineering staff at the company I worked for. I was an unemployed single mother when he borrowed money from me, then he made ME feel like I was the bad guy for pestering him to get it paid back. My niece passed away of brain cancer during this time, and he had the audacity to ask me why I'm worried about a few hundred dollars when there is so much other stuff going on in my family.

Yeah, I'll never loan money to anybody again. I'll gift it, but never loan it.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I do not ever reveal my name online because it is ridiculously unique (I'm serious; I was named after my mom's best friend from high school) and I'm paranoid that someone who knows me will see it and know it's me.
    Oh god, the idea of someone I know in real life recognizing me online scares me. I think I'd deactivate and remake if that happened here. :s

IT DID HAPPEN TO ME. I was on the verge of remaking anyway (I had decided I would be better off without friends--it turns out I like having friends on here, but that's another story) when i made a thread and someone I knew found me from it.

I don't want to go into detail just in case, but it was pretty much the second-to-last person I wanted to see at that time.

It sucks because I feel like I can't make a success story thread, even though I've lost 66 pounds, because I don't want someone to see my pics.

I wish I didn't remake and just blocked him. But I had been really honest about my weight and some personal childhood stuff and I freaked out.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Speaking of dancing- did I tell you guys I was in the newspaper for sharing a dance with a resident at the local Veterans' Home on Independence Day? (I can't remember if I shared and don't want to look back through pages...) I was volunteering, helping serve lunch and just chatting with the residents. When he found out I was from Texas, he asked if I could 2 step and I said, "Of course!" The reporter took a pic of us dancing and it was published in the Sunday paper. My DH doesn't dance.

ETA: That's my husband standing behind the fence in the background watching.

That's really sweet!
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    I think this thread is rubbing off on me IRL. My co worker had a new shirt and capris on today and I actually told her that she looked super great in them

I laughed. I really hope you used "super great". I haven't said it yet, but I'm sure it'll happen
  • Elliebellii
    Elliebellii Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm a emotional eater and feel like I cant stop.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    @KylerJaye How's things with the new man??

pretty good!!

last night we did a double date, dinner and movie, with my bff and her boyfriend (is it weird that i was giddy for this?).

everyone got along really well and we had a super great time!
    he's so nice, and kind and sweet and cute as heck ;)

i'll totally admit, i've become quite smitten with mr jaye :D

ETA: i know it's still really early, but we've seemingly crammed about 2-3 normal months of dating into two weeks. so i'm trying not to get overly excited. trying....so....hard....

It doesn't matter how early it is, as long as both people are comfortable with how things are going and happy, it doesn't matter if it's been a couple weeks or a couple years :)

• jthurman3
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »

Me too. I cried so hard during the last episode.

I cried, too! Great, great show. The last episode was beautiful and heart-wrenching and well done. Best ending that series could've had, IMHO.

Gilmore Girls starts off soooooo slow. I have been unable to get into it - though if I COULD, I'd be set for months for something to watch while on the exercise bike. (Exercise bike = my Netflix time).
  • jthurman3
    Options
    @KylerJaye Yay! I'm so glad things with the new guy (BF??) are going so well!! I'm so happy for you both to have found each other!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I think this thread is rubbing off on me IRL. My co worker had a new shirt and capris on today and I actually told her that she looked super great in them

I laughed. I really hope you used "super great". I haven't said it yet, but I'm sure it'll happen

I really truly did :)