Another round of 30 day shred who is in starting monday may

Options

Replies

• florabourne
    florabourne Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've just finished my 30 days of the shred... i did it practically everyday (i missed 4 so added them on to the end) only problem is im finding that my knees are hurting, not massively just twinging when i go up and down stairs and things.... has anyone else has this problem or have any suggestions??

thanks
  • JoHanley
    JoHanley Posts: 8
    Options
    DVD arrived this morning. Tins of food at the ready I set of on my 30 day shred journey!
    I know I have worked out!!!
    I'm not allowed to to this every day as I am under the Dr and she made me cancel my gym membership so I couldn't over exert myself but I need to be doing something!!
    Best wishes to all who are sharing the Shred journey.:happy:
  • LoraEllen
    LoraEllen Posts: 81
    Options
    I would love to join the group and try this! Where do I get the DVD?
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I would love to join the group and try this! Where do I get the DVD?
    Costco, Walmart, Zellers, Online. Just check out the workout DVD section.:)
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    bump

I hope to get the dvd tonight and give this a try. :smile:
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    bump

I hope to get the dvd tonight and give this a try. :smile:
  • wendyco
    wendyco Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I was going to start this for my June goal. Does anyone mind if I still jump in? It'd be nice to have someone to chat with that is doing it also. Sorry to be late, but better late than never right?
    Thanks ~Mary

HEY! I havent started mine yet either!! would like to start it for june too :P we could be in the same page with it!! :)
  • Scentlessapprentice
    Scentlessapprentice Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I have gotten prigressively more sore as they day has gone on today, I'm thinking jumping on the exercise bike straight after the dvd wasn't the best idea i have ever had:noway: :sad:
  • gemwho2
    gemwho2 Posts: 82
    Options
    I have gotten prigressively more sore as they day has gone on today, I'm thinking jumping on the exercise bike straight after the dvd wasn't the best idea i have ever had:noway: :sad:

Haha, I was just about to write the same thing (without the exercise bike). My arms are v sore now and it hurts sitting down!
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Day 2~L1 completed this morning at 6:00AM, just like boot camp. Hellllloooooo shoulder and ab muscles! I almost forgot you were there for a while but this afternoon when I had to bend over to get a new roll of paper towels to change the now empty roll in the employees bathroom, ( I mean seriously are these people brain damaged, can't they change the roll when they use the last one) there were my ab muscles welcoming me back into the game. You greeted me with some pain and then when I reached up to put the paper towels in place my shoulders squawked too.

Nothing like a little soreness to remind you that you are alive and blessed to be able to exercise.

Love reading everyones post and can't wait to read you guys tomorrow!
  • lucielu2
    lucielu2 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    ladies its not too late to join , we are happy to have anyone join us--we got this ladies
  • angie_04
    angie_04 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! Started yesterday so SORENESS is def. got ahold of me!!! Can't wait to see the end results for everyone:smokin:
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    My quads are having a field day laughing at me - they are SO sore. Hoping to stretch tonight and hit it again tomorrow morning. One good thing, DH blames me for making him late every morning because he gets up before me, since I'm hopping out of bed to workout, he can't blame him staying in bed on me anymore :)
  • Imsojen
    Imsojen Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Im totally in I happened to start today anyway so perfect day 1 in. Actually I have done day 1 on demand 3 times in the last week when I cant hit the gym. Liked it so well I picked up the dvd on the weekend. So yays I might be a day behind but I will catch up. Im super excited to share this process with you guys. Im new to MFP just about 3 weeks in so more support and a group will be another push to fitness. Thanks
  • mbvenske
    mbvenske Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Got day 1 out of the way. Ugghh. this hurts, please tell me it gets easier. Glad I've got alot of people going thru the same thing!!
  • ileana84
    ileana84 Posts: 163
    Options
    Wooooooooo Day 2 out!! I know Im definitely going to be sore tomorrow lol I looked like a plum while I was working out! Woooo good day all =)

@mbvenske: lol It definitely hurt me too lol and Ive already done this a few months back! Good job for sticking through.
  • xkellytotsx
    xkellytotsx Posts: 10
    Options
    Just about managed day two today after work - wow!
    I actually think it went a little better today, despite already being a bit sore, so hopefully will continue to get a bit easier...
    I already hate Jillian! ;)
  • mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I've just finished my 30 days of the shred... i did it practically everyday (i missed 4 so added them on to the end) only problem is im finding that my knees are hurting, not massively just twinging when i go up and down stairs and things.... has anyone else has this problem or have any suggestions??

thanks
    @Florabourne
    That ended up happening to me to last time I did shred. A bit of knee pain and twinges..I ended up having to take a couple days off because of it :grumble: I iced my knees after I did the workout yesterday just as a preventative measure. It must be all the jumping she makes us do. If you really start to notice increased pain then I would do the boxing punches during all the cardio lvls instead of jumping jacks and jump rope...like she says it's a great cardio workout if you have a lower body injury. Hope that helped a bit! :smile:
  • florabourne
    florabourne Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    thanks!
  • soshotout
    soshotout Posts: 115
    Options
    Day 2 of Level 1 done! Some parts were easier, some parts seemed harder. I actually looked forward to doing it today, even though we went hiking / fishing / swimming for about 3 hours earlier in the day.

I imagine I will be pretty sore tomorrow. :P

Everyone is doing so well! Congrats to everyone who has completed or will complete day 2 today!