Calling all Freaks, Geeks, Dweebs and Nerds alike!

Options

Replies

• xkitxkatxkaix
    xkitxkatxkaix Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I'm with you there. The funny thing is I had never heard of Deadpool before I went to comic con and saw about 20 of them. But I gotta agree, the actual Deadpool is waaaaaaaay cooler.
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I have grown to like Deadpool. It took awhile for me to like the humor side of him. However his overuse is beginning grate on me. Much like Wolverine
  • kaniob
    kaniob Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    No comic books for me, and I've never done cosplay. But I love LotR, D&D, Doctor Who, Buffy, Firefly, Catan, and SO many books (mostly epic fantasy, but I like a good sci-fi every now and then). I also geek out hard on all things Disney and play the occasional video game. Do I qualify?
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mqtaxk0f5B1scyk5ho1_400.jpg
  • kaniob
    kaniob Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    kaniob wrote: »
    No comic books for me, and I've never done cosplay. But I love LotR, D&D, Doctor Who, Buffy, Firefly, Catan, and SO many books (mostly epic fantasy, but I like a good sci-fi every now and then). I also geek out hard on all things Disney and play the occasional video game. Do I qualify?

yes. :)

so much love for fellow girl D&D players <3

<3 !
  • Mr_Stabbems
    Mr_Stabbems Posts: 4,773 Member
    Options
    can you take pictures of constellations close up?

It's on my to do list... i started with the moon, then did planets (Venus, Juipter and its moons, Saturn...one day I'll get Mars), now I want to try some deep space stuff...I want to try to take a pic of M13 aka " the great globular cluster" located in Hercules... not sure if I can track it long enough though to get a pic. (over 30 seconds and i cant do it without buying more equipment.)

@Jersey__Devil what scope have you got?
  • Tialuna18
    Tialuna18 Posts: 9,592 Member
    Options
    out of all of them deadpool makes me Smile. theres a deadpool cosplayer who dances around at cons and posts vids on youtube :D
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    I think Deadpool got his costume idea from Strong Bad, , , just saying.
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    Alright folks, it's Monday morning and it's time for a new topic so here we go!
    What is one thing you get super nerdy about?
    For me whenever I hear about a time in history where it was really dark and scary I start researching the crap out of it. Especially when it involves royalty.
  • KisaraKaiba
    KisaraKaiba Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge Egypt nerd, especially between 2000BCE-1000BCE (middle kingdom, second intermediate period, new kingdom). But hey, all of Egypt's ancient history is fascinating to me. I am so full of trivia about it that it's obnoxious. ...Honestly, I try not to get talking about it in front of people who aren't my husband since I'm at a high risk of droning on, lol.
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    I'm a huge Egypt nerd, especially between 2000BCE-1000BCE (middle kingdom, second intermediate period, new kingdom). But hey, all of Egypt's ancient history is fascinating to me. I am so full of trivia about it that it's obnoxious. ...Honestly, I try not to get talking about it in front of people who aren't my husband since I'm at a high risk of droning on, lol.

Hey it's better than me, I'm full of "hey guess how many people this king killed on a stick!?" .... at least yours has some appeal. LOL I used to be super into Egypt when I was little, Discovery channel was the ish for me.
  • TSith
    TSith Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    8iggrtx8oj45.jpg

Pickachu and Star Wars!!!
  • KisaraKaiba
    KisaraKaiba Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    ... at least yours has some appeal.

That depends on who you ask. A lot of people could care less, but I like it so I drown myself in it. And I promise you, you are not alone in your interest in dark, depraved monarchs. :)
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    lol

1016a.jpg

Hell the hell did I miss this, (thought) I had every Vertigo title connected to the Sandman universe; Know what I'm buying online in a few minutes.

ETA:No wonder, it is Fan fiction concept artwork-http://braveandboldlost.blogspot.com.au/2015/01/sandman-vs-freddie-krueger.html

I haz a sad, the emo comment with the cover price made it suspect. Also can't see Neil Gaiman going for it.

My contribution...

vtf2pN5.jpg

• xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    8iggrtx8oj45.jpg

Pickachu and Star Wars!!!

You are adorable!!!!
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    ... at least yours has some appeal.

That depends on who you ask. A lot of people could care less, but I like it so I drown myself in it. And I promise you, you are not alone in your interest in dark, depraved monarchs. :)

Yaaayy! I have two books on them already. Hopefully I can find more. :3
  • SubZeroDude
    SubZeroDude Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Colossalcon was my first con (besides this one in detroit i went to when i was 12). going to Matsuricon in August. @Tialuna18 @PixieGoddess
  • foreverroses123
    foreverroses123 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi there!! :D

I like anime/manga (especially Sailormoon <3), ATLA, LOK, Harry Potter, Star Wars, LOTR I played D&D years ago and I like playing games ^^ One of my favorites is Xenoblade Chronicles.
    Oh and I am a huge fan of arcade halls in Japan, DDR is my favorite :)

Oh and I study Japanese in university and I will be studying for a year in Japan starting this september, I'm really excited!! I have been in Japan for three months last year and it was a great experience so I can't wait to discover more!