Let's have an actual chat - no "would you date/*kitten*/marry/add the person below you" games

Options

Replies

• handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Went to Kansas to meet some guy off the internet about a week ago. On my way home to Cali now, but my original flight was delayed causing me to miss my connecting flights to Texas and Arizona. Now sitting in the Minnesota airport for my 3 hour layover before I finally get back to the golden state. *sigh* Needing my Advil to kick in and possibly a cup of coffee.

Ugg went through something similar last week because they over booked flights..I hate flying anymore
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    I'm Mel. Back on mfp for the 2nd time. So glad I'm back! Missed all the awesome people and support. Oh, I just got divorced...Friday actually. Single and soooo damn happy! :-)

Wanna go to a baseball game?
    I make $8 an hour and drive a sexy rental car
    It. Out.

Promise not to send me pics while you're sitting right next to me???
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Went to Kansas to meet some guy off the internet about a week ago. On my way home to Cali now, but my original flight was delayed causing me to miss my connecting flights to Texas and Arizona. Now sitting in the Minnesota airport for my 3 hour layover before I finally get back to the golden state. *sigh* Needing my Advil to kick in and possibly a cup of coffee.

was this "some guy off the internet" worth meeting in person?
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options

Ugg went through something similar last week because they over booked flights..I hate flying anymore

This (trip) is my first time flying in about 25 years. I'm put off by this, but the whole ordeal wasn't as bad as I had convinced myself it would be.

Now I just need more random boys to go meet to get used to it again. :laugh: :tongue:

• Cahgetsfit
    Options
    @PurringMyrrh how about finding random boys closer to home? it's a cheaper option LOL!
  • Cahgetsfit
    Options
    @PurringMyrrh another question - do you just want random boys to play with or are you looking for The One?
  • Cahgetsfit
    Options
    Dull day at work....kind of lonely since I was the only one there....Bleh! Tomorrow will be the same lol but that's ok....Monday is over :) I'm in Michigan btw and I have been doing a lot of running lately which I am falling in love with <3

What makes you like running? I have tried to like running a few times over the years but I just can't do it. I love walking - I can walk all day long - but running? ooooooh it's such a hard thing for me to do. At one point I managed to semi-enjoy a country run when I did it with a friend a few times, but yeah... now I just do quick HIIT runs on the treadmill - like super quick! fast and finished before I get a chance to go "GROAN!!!"
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    @PurringMyrrh another question - do you just want random boys to play with or are you looking for The One?
    The One is already taken. Just killing time until he's not or I die - whichever comes first. How can you be completely loyal to someone if you're always thinking of someone else? It boggles the mind I tell ya.

And yes, closer to home is ideal, but unfortunately I've never been able to help who tickles my fancy. It takes a certain sumpin. *sigh*

barney-stinson-kill-myself-boring-suicide-neil-patrick-harris-How-I-Met-Your-Mother.gif
  • Cahgetsfit
    Options
    @PurringMyrrh ah well - that sucks! Well - keep playing then. And hey you never know - sometimes The One (or sort of anyway) comes along from a one-nighter. At least that's how I'm with my husband 8 years later. He was a "hmmm I may as well jump in the sack with you because I'm finding you kinds hot" type thing and there he is still in the sack. However, I'm not too sure The One exists at all. You never know - perhaps the Taken One wouldn't have been The One once you got to living with him... and after living with Ones, sometimes we like to look around... I haven't acted upon my looking around so far but I have had 2 major crushes on randoms during my partnered life.

• PurringMyrrh
    Options
    And to top it all off, the back of my neck is peeling from getting super sunburnt on Friday. I almost officially became a redneck!
  • beastup42
    beastup42 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    HI im mat im studying to be a personal trainer and getting my *kitten* whipped back in shape while doing so.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Options
    Hi Mat - why do you want to be a personal trainer?
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    Hey...I'm on vacation and just getting up. I'm not going to say my age cause I'm way older than you all but I'm bored and the only one awake so I'm here. Haha

Hey maybe not... I'm on the older side of the spectrum myself!

You are children...lol But remember you are only as old as you feel.....since everyone is striving to make themselves healthier...younger is coming with it.

Florida is a very nice place to live.

Being that I was in the service for over 26 years i ave seen plenty of the world, both east and west.
  • Allison1385
    Allison1385 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Dull day at work....kind of lonely since I was the only one there....Bleh! Tomorrow will be the same lol but that's ok....Monday is over :) I'm in Michigan btw and I have been doing a lot of running lately which I am falling in love with <3

What makes you like running? I have tried to like running a few times over the years but I just can't do it. I love walking - I can walk all day long - but running? ooooooh it's such a hard thing for me to do. At one point I managed to semi-enjoy a country run when I did it with a friend a few times, but yeah... now I just do quick HIIT runs on the treadmill - like super quick! fast and finished before I get a chance to go "GROAN!!!"

Lol I just love it! It makes me feel amazing. ...if you want more reasons... find under fitness and exercise I wrote a discussion called why do you run...and there's about 100 responses from people spilling their passion for it! :)
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    One of the best ways to just empty your mind

Lol I just love it! It makes me feel amazing. ...if you want more reasons... find under fitness and exercise I wrote a discussion called why do you run...and there's about 100 responses from people spilling their passion for it! :)

• Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    freak4iron wrote: »
    PewterSky wrote: »
    Hey, it's nice to have a thread where you could have regular conversations. There's not many places to do it except a few threads or via direct messaging. What are you guys upto?

My day has just started! I'm good, despite the bad sleep I had last night. Hopefully drinking tea will wake me up a bit.

Days just stRting? You work night shift or do you live on the other side of the world? My days just ending... Winding down to some 12 monkeys (the tv show series)!

Is that show still good? I watched the first several episodes and liked it, but then I got too busy to keep following.
  • airdale8263
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Delete this one..see below>
  • airdale8263
    Options
    One of the best ways to just empty your mind

I used to run in my younger days...it was a great feeling to "break" that wall and feel the release of all the stress or what ever it was. Bad knees I am now limited to riding but still get that release!!
  • kassibantz1983
    kassibantz1983 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Finally people that actually talk!
  • jmac4263
    jmac4263 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I for one LOVE this instead of the game ones so hopefully it keeps going!!
    I am from Iowa, and have been on and off of MFP for 3 or 4 years. This is the first time I have really used the social aspect of it but I really like it now that I have found it and used it! Work tends to be boring some days so it keeps me doing something and not snacking! Hope everyone had a great Monday!!