Options

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    lorenswan wrote: »
    Cleanses can help you loose weight,
    gain weight, stop caffeine addictions, fight intestinal bacterial overgrowth, identify allergies (add foods back in one at a time). Depends on the cleanse. But I didnt know people spent actual money on "buying a detox." Never heard of that.

the only thing cleanses clean is your wallet.

cleanses have absolutely nothing to do with weight loss, for that you need a calorie deficit.

if you do a cleans and eat over TDEE what do you think is going to happen?

REALLY? This got locked??? How stupid. All they did was tell the truth.

That is not why he is in jail.

• lorenswan
    lorenswan Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Ok. Why is everyone so angry? And why is everyone saying "don't waste your money" and "it has absolutely nothing to do with weight loss" Because
    1. cleanses dont cost anything.
    2. you can loose weight. (or gain, if that is your goal)

So no one here has had success? Okay.

Guess what, a lot of people got fat from
    doing P90X. lol
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    gain weight, stop caffeine addictions, fight intestinal bacterial overgrowth, identify allergies (add foods back in one at a time). Depends on the cleanse. But I didnt know people spent actual money on "buying a detox." Never heard of that.

your body cleanses itself...that is what your liver and kidneys do. putting some paprika and honey in water doesn't give the water some kind of magical properties.

some things like lemon, etc have a mild diuretic effect...which makes you pea...so you might flush out some water retention, but that's about it.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    gain weight, stop caffeine addictions, fight intestinal bacterial overgrowth, identify allergies (add foods back in one at a time). Depends on the cleanse.
    If you already believe this, why start the thread?

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Ok. Why is everyone so angry? And why is everyone saying "don't waste your money" and "it has absolutely nothing to do with weight loss" Because

doing P90X. lol

tumblr_inline_nbik4od1oX1r2ghad.gif
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options

And how exactly do cleanses/detoxes manage to do all this?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

doing P90X. lol

No they didn't. They got fat because they ate too much.

No one is angry...just trying to clear you of your misconceptions about cleanses. They do absolutely NOTHING. ZERO. ZILCH. NADA. Whether they are free or not, that doesn't change.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

doing P90X. lol

again, cleanses have absolutely nothing to do with gaining or losing weight, that is a function of calorie intake, CICO.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

doing P90X. lol

You are not understanding this.

• AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options

doing P90X. lol
    Wait, I just caught the bolded part! How in the world would cutting out all food and only drinking lemon juice, paprika (it's cayenne pepper, btw), honey (it's maple syrup, btw, too, you have the Master Cleanse recipe wrong) and water help anyone GAIN weight??

• Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options

doing P90X. lol

I didn't read any responses that sounded angry.

Here is what you asked in your OP...

"I'm thinking about doing a cleanse for a few days. What are the benefits? How does that work? And wouldnt I just gain the weight right back? "

I think that all of us have tried to give you the answers to those questions. I think you are just angry because we didn't give you the answers that you wanted hear.

Life is like that sometimes...

• NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Benefits - none.
    How it works - takes your money - makes big promises it can't produce
    Gain the weight back - probably - if you even lose any at all

Waste of time and money. Completely useless. Your body cleanses itself.

Unless you are preparing for a colonoscopy and your doctor has prescribed it, there is absolutely ZERO reason to do a cleanse. At best, they are a waste of money, time and effort; at worst they are dangerous. Just say no.
  • SarahCate_2pt0
    SarahCate_2pt0 Posts: 9 Member
    Options

A cleanse does not help you identify food allergies. I have a food allergy and my allergist never once suggested we do a cleanse to figure it out.

Of course, when I eat eggs, I guess I get some "cleanse" type GI symptoms as a result. I'm going to write a book, guys! "The Food Allergy Cleanse" :lol:
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options

doing P90X. lol

No one got fat doing p90x. People get fat when to eat more calories than they burn.
  • Ennalei
    Ennalei Posts: 3 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I think the OP should read through all these comments. I did and now I know to steer clear of a cleanse unless I'm up for a colonoscopy. :P
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Water?
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I doubt that it's a great way to lose weight. short periods of fasting have been proven to have many health benefits in mice, and there are indicators to show it should in people too... not proof, but evidence towards it reducing the risk of diabetes, Alzheimer's, etc. so that might be reason enough for the odd low cal, high water day. but it's not a 'cleanse'. cleanse is the wrong word to use to describe these days because that's not what it does.
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to hear that cleanses are a waste before I spent too much money on them. Cleanses are just soap and water, right? If it's a waste of money, I can cut expenses (and buy more healthy food!) by eliminating my twice-weekly showers!
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Ok. Why is everyone so angry? And why is everyone saying "don't waste your money" and "it has absolutely nothing to do with weight loss"
    i was a little confused as to that one too. unless there's some back story here i don't know about?
    nothing wrong with asking your question.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Do you have a liver and kidneys??....If yes. /end thread