40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Good weekend, with lots of exercise and good eating. Am down a few pounds this week. :) Am back on my Isagenix plan and its working. I've been using the products for 7 years, (because I love them) but fell off following the plan and stopped the I/F days, and the weight crept back on over 2 years. For those of you contemplating I/F - IT WORKS! As Beeps would say - it was time to shut the pie hole!

Great pictures everyone!
    Larro - your meal looks absolutely delicious and fancy. :)
    gam3rguy - OUCH! I have done that more times that I care to admit.
    lcantrell - 2lb gain after 2 weeks of eating out is good!

Am jealous of everyone's garden bounties. It has been so cold here, our poor garden is not producing much at all. Our plants are so small! The zucchini plants are about the size of my hand, yet they have big blooms on them. Not sure what we are going to get out of them.
    At least the wild blueberries are plentiful again.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    Am jealous of everyone's garden bounties. It has been so cold here, our poor garden is not producing much at all. Our plants are so small! The zucchini plants are about the size of my hand, yet they have big blooms on them. Not sure what we are going to get out of them.
    At least the wild blueberries are plentiful again.

I have had a terrible year for tomatoes. Just last night I was doing research on You Tube about growing some hydroponically with lights. I'm going to pick up the supplies I need this week at Lowe's and Walmart, so I'll let you guys know how it works out. Maybe you guys in the frozen North might decide it is an option for you. Here is Scott, from Scott's Garage explaining it. {If you ever needed to find out how to do anything, Scott is a good resource}

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcxCgP8TEaQ

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    i walked some today!

770wtac9q74w.png

kc1s9cyzlysx.jpg

• larrodarro
    Options
    Gamer, give those puppies a rest.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Ahh!!!! So much to comment!!!!! Glad to hear from so many of you!!!!

Larro, our tomatoes started pretty strong and now the plants have stalled. Depressing...loved the picture of you with the baby.

Sdereski, your guests sound lovely. It's cold there already?!?!?! In the upper 90's low 100's here.

Gam, yikes!!!!! And 40,000 + steps????? I'm lucky I do 10000. I can only remember once doing a little over 20,000 one day. My daughter went to Vegas for a few days and everyday she did at least 30,000 just walking on the strip, going through the hotels, etc.

Ruby, how is 16:8 going?

I've enjoyed all the pictures, not your toe Gam! LOL Beeps, I miss seeing those castles. One year on a Mother's day we biked along the Rhine. So memorable!!!!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Back to Phoenix from the north rim of the grand canyon. Went from around 40 deg F this morning to 110 this evening. Yuck
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Day: 80 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Upper Plus & Abs/Core Plus"=Done! glad it's not leg day. :)
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I would love to wake up and have nothing hurt.
  • shroodle88
    shroodle88 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I've just turned 40 & have been ogling this group for a while. The big goal was to greet 40 at the weight I had when I was 30. I didn't quite get there. Hit a stubborn plateau at the last 3kg and didn't push hard enough. Now I have for the first time ever established a proper exercise routine, am watching cals like a hawk and am very slowly beginning to see results again. It's all much harder than before. So not quite happy yet, but a lot happier! Would love to "join" and hear other people's journey.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Back to Phoenix from the north rim of the grand canyon. Went from around 40 deg F this morning to 110 this evening. Yuck

But it's a dry heat ;)
  • handyandy9x
    handyandy9x Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Here in Abu Dhabi its peaking around 120 deg F in the shade and feels hotter still, nights it drops down to a cool 95 deg F. I have my room ac set on 74 deg and it feels like an ice box!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Managed a 5 mile run - well the first 2 1/2 miles were a run and the last 2 1/2 were walk / run. Still have not got the endurance built up to run a straight 5.
    Was planning on going again tonight, but my guests set be back, so am rushing home after work to get things cleaned up and ready for the next guests! Geesh, they sure keep me moving!
    I am slowly learning how to be a better B&B owner / host. Instead of letting my guests pick a breakfast time, I need to set one. A couple that arrived last night asked for breakfast at 10!!!! NO WAY! So, have decided that breakfast will be served between 7:30 - 8:30 a.m. If you are not ready to come down - sorry, you missed breakfast. Am I being unreasonable?
    Because I work, I have changed my work schedule this summer to work from 10 - 3 and work right through lunch. Luckily, I have very accommodating BofD's.

@gam3rguy - that's quite a walk you did! Great job!

@larro - good idea! Am going to discuss with hubby what he would like to do, as he is the farmer - er gardner. ;)

@alf - it has been a cold summer! Because Lake Superior froze over, the water temps affect air temps - big time.
    Monday, the high was 53. Brrrrr!

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Here in Abu Dhabi its peaking around 120 deg F in the shade and feels hotter still, nights it drops down to a cool 95 deg F. I have my room ac set on 74 deg and it feels like an ice box!

Ha! Now this brings back memories. Good times in Abu Dhabi.
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Greetings Kids!
    I've been off the wagon way too long! Crazy work load and summer fun have conspired against my fitness goals, so I'm yanking my chain.
    I'm going to do some research on I/F, it sounds like it's working well for those who follow it. I do so much better if I have some sort of routine to follow.
    @Beeps - looks like you're on another amazing trip! Germany looks gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!
    @Sdereski - so much going on with you too! Your B&B stories would make a great TV series. It sounds like your running is really coming along! Way to go! I hope you do get your MC license and a bike this spring. I think you'd love it too. Oh, and a set breakfast time is not at all unreasonable!
    @furballs, you too! I've been commuting on my KLR 250, and it gets 75 mpg!
    @Larro, you're continuing to make some fabulous looking meals. The hydro system cracked me up. ... I do live in Humboldt County, so let me know if you need tips ;)
    @allenpriest - the desert can get crazy hot and then crazy cold in one 24-hr period, but it is pretty spectacular. Hope you enjoyed it despite the temperature swings.
    @handyandy - 120! Yikes. We had a 'heat wave' here. It broke records hitting 76 degrees! There's a lot to be said for coastal living.

We're just north of the "Rocky Fire" you may have heard of on the news. We're getting a lot of smoke and ash even 50 +/- miles north. There are actually about 20 fires burning around the area. It does make for some spectacular skies though.
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
  • jpaulsims
    jpaulsims Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey, another 40+er here. I have 3 boys, 14, 16 and 18 (about to head off to college, ike!) and been married to the most amazing woman I know for 22 years. Started my health journey about 9 weeks ago and fortunately found MFP to help me out. I've lost 22 pounds so far, with another 40 to go. Anyway looks like a great group of folks here!
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Greetings Kids!

@Larro, you're continuing to make some fabulous looking meals. The hydro system cracked me up. ... I do live in Humboldt County, so let me know if you need tips ;)

We're just north of the "Rocky Fire" you may have heard of on the news. We're getting a lot of smoke and ash even 50 +/- miles north. There are actually about 20 fires burning around the area. It does make for some spectacular skies though.

Back in my youth {30's} I did grow my own dental floss, but I have never used hydro before. I gave all that up when Margie got in politics though.

I saw the fires on TV and I thought of you. Hope they stay away from you.

• larrodarro
    Options
    Good Evening Cool Kids.

I did the full day in the garden today. Transplanted more cucumber and squash plants. I saved a few of each {and the some of the Armenian cucumbers too} for the hydro system.

I got chased by rain {twice} today.

11060892_995216547190135_5837400159975125362_n.jpg?oh=27330d3483bc89c3dc5b87381f9151a0&oe=5655CF77

I planted the skips and one row of cucumbers to the west of my patch.

11207294_995218413856615_2109924035764302666_n.jpg?oh=98fa87c4da4bc064e49e7fdf9c8c26ac&oe=5656269D

Then two rows on the other end. Also did a row of squash, but no pictures.

11831806_995218893856567_7154874712728012108_n.jpg?oh=ce4e7ec06a03d8ebf8d89d8c9454f681&oe=563887B6

{the photo uploader is acting crazy. I had to post these on Face Book, then copy and paste}

You guys have a good one,

Larro
  • allenpriest
    Options
    shroodle88 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I've just turned 40 & have been ogling this group for a while. ...

it's been a long since I've been ogled. :#
  • allenpriest
    Options
    larrodarro wrote: »

But it's a dry heat ;)

It's just freaking hot. It was 95 when I got out - at 6:30 this morning.

But it is certainly dry. When the heat index in Ky is over 100 it does feel worse than here. But that is sort of like asking which level of hell is more comfortable.