40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Day: 81 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Yoga X"=Done!
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Enjoying the last few weeks of summer. I feel like I am not getting my money's worth out of the gym because I am working out outside while the weather is nice. I love the hot weather - makes me fee like I am getting a better workout!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Well I'm heading home today from my sisters so should hopefully be at Kickboxing but I'm still on vacation until Monday so I fully expect more beer consumption!
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Good morning Cool Kids!
    My fitbit didn't register, but if it had, my diary would show that I came in under goal yesterday! Woot, woot!
    I picked up my CSA share (farm) yesterday. It's been mostly the same every week. Lots of lettuce, kale, cucumbers and summer squash. It's been a bit challenging eating it all! Kale smoothie for breakfast, green juices, and making a stew with a bunch of it tonight. Lots of lettuce wraps for lunches. It's working better this week since I pulled out the cookbooks as soon as I got home and planned meals to utilize it, then went shopping. So a good example is how the broccoli tops go in the stew, and the broccoli stems go in the juice!
    3furballs - enjoy while you can!
    tmbg1 - I'm finding the same thing with my gym, but there are things I can only do there, so that gets me to visit a few times a week: foam rollers, those heavy balls, and pulley things. :)
    Larro, always love seeing your garden beds. Go cucumbers! One of my favorite summer foods.
    G3G - dedicated as always! I loved the pic of you jumping the fire line!

We had a very red sun just visible through the smoke this morning. Very eerie lighting.
    I'm walking into town (3-ish miles) this eve for a movie about pelicans for my cardio exercise, and to earn dinner!

Have a great Thursday everyone.
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I was researching I/F, and found this infographic. It's simplistic, of course, but gives a good basic overview. I would have to shift mine back two hours since I'm a 5 a.m. - 9 p.m. kinda girl.
    http://www.mercola.com/infographics/intermittent-fasting.htm
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,961 Member
    Options
    Austria! In the Alps!

cefsfy689ovn.jpg
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I was starting to get into a 14/10 fasting and will try and get back to it on Monday, basically I ate breakfast at work and then didn't eat after 8 at night. My biggest concern is making sure I eat enough good foods and not the sugar!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 82 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Legs & Back & Abs/Core Plus"=Done!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Good morning to all. I was excited to be another pound down today. I have been 5 days back to excercising today and 4 days of 30 day shred level 1. My body is no longer aching, so Note to self, never stop exercising again. Glad to be back at it.
    Yesterday I picked several zucchini (why are they all ready at the same time) I hate that. Same with green beans. Anyway, I need to pick more beans today and freeze them. I cooked some (first time for fresh) and they turned out better than I expected. I am used to tin can, canned green beans. Sorry people. I am trying to get into more fresh veggies. I am really wanting to make the zucchini chocolate cake, but also don't want to be wanting to eat it too much either. I guess I will make it and take some to some friends so it won't be here too long. I will make it with applesauce instead of oil, not sure how else to trim it down. I will have to plug it into the recipe thing and see how bad it is going to be, because I am going to want to eat it.
    I bought some cucumbers from a guy down the road, they were so good. we only have a few pickling cukes and Mike likes to pick and eat them way early.
    Hope you all have a good weekend.
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Good morning Cool Kids!
    Today is my first day trying I.F. Essentially I just skip breakfast. I think I can do that pretty easily, so I'll keep you posted on how this goes.
    Natalie, please share the recipe for chocolate zucchini cake! "Back in the day..." when I was a hard core vegan, I got really good at lightening up recipes. Maybe I can come up with something I can share back. Heaven knows I've got zucchini-a-plenty to practice with!
    G3G - you're a rock star! You just don't quit. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Beeps! That's gorgeous! Are you traveling by train? I missed the part of the thread that said what your travel plans were. Seems like an incredible trip so far!
    Furballs, that's my concern too. I've packed good food to eat, so just have to stay strong and away from the corner cafe! I've got a stew planned for dinner that uses most of my farm shares, so that should be healthy too. Just have to be disciplined about the beer!
    It's Friday! I miss KellySue's Friday pictures. Has anyone heard from her?
    Have a great one folks.
  • Nataliegetfit
    Options
    Here you go curiousgeorge http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chocolate-Zucchini-Cake-I/Detail.aspx?nextItemId=17643&position=-1&prop24=RD_RecipeArrow_Left This is the closest to what I had. You can copy and paste it into the recipe thing and change what you want. I am trying no butter or oil and trying 1 cup applesauce. Also trying to use only 1 1/2 cup sugar but wanted more chocolate chips than they had. there are tons of versions out there to look into. On the one I do, you mix everything put it in the pan and then drop the chocolate chips and nuts on top. My son doesn't love nuts so I put none on about 1/3 of it. Also to make the buttermilk I use skim milk and 1 1/2 tablespoon vinegar and let it sit a couple minutes and it changes.
    We love to make this every summer, also can use frozen grated zucchini anytime (just squeeze most of the liquid out). Now with the calorie counting, I don't want to not make it, but don't want temptation around me for too long either. I ended up with just under 300 cal for 1/18th of the recipe. Let me know of any other changes you think would work. I am saying 1 c chocolate chips and 1/2 c walnuts in mine.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday folks!
    @curious - nice to see you again! Great picture! Good luck with your I/F.
    @Beeps - another fantastic picture. By the looks of it, you are on a European Tour. Absolutely wonderful!

Got a nice little bike ride in yesterday. I was under a time restraint as I wanted to attend mass, which was for my nephew. Got to church only to realize the mass was in the morning! So, cut the ride short and missed mass. O well, got home earlier than planned, which is good.

My B&B guests were very cool - one lady was from China and did not speak english. She traveled here with the couple that actually had booked with me, also a Chinese couple, but they were Canadian and both spoke english. The woman works for IMAX and was responsible for bringing IMAX to Asia. It was her way to say "thank you" to her employers for giving her the opportunity when she first arrived in Canada in the late 80's. Such a fascinating lady and story.

Don't have any guests until Sunday, which I am grateful for. It is a busy weekend in our town with the local drag races taking place, and I am volunteering many hours. So, would not have any time to host.

Have a great weekend all! Not sure I will have time to check in.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,961 Member
    Options
    One more day in Germany, then to Amsterdam for one day and then home. Via Iceland.

Whew!

Four weeks has FLOWN by!

Curious - we onlynflew to iceland and then to Paris....the rest of the travel has been by train (Belgium) and bus tour (Germany/Austria).

Kids have been great! All is well!

And i just signed up for diner en blanc in three weeks, so not much time to work off all the food/booze I have ingested while on holidays! I will do it! I return to the gym on Wednesday!!!

BOOM!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Options
    Beeps, so glad you're having a nice long vacation, you are definitely seeing some beautiful country.
    Well, my house smells so good of chocolate cake, and I tell myself, really, honestly I am not hungry at all. Still want cake, so I am going down cellar to my sewing room and get busy until I need to make dinner.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Happy Friday Cool Kids.

I was up at 0530 {early for me}, and spent all morning getting my hydro system set up. Last night I had put together a shelving unit, got the holes cut in the lid, drilled holes in 8 small pots, hooked up the air-pump and started to fill the tub with water. So all I had to do this morning was hang the lights and make a spot to put it. In order to put it by the plants already by the east facing window I had to move the desk over and move the credenza down the wall a little ways. Before it was over I had traded out my big old speakers for small new speakers, moved an old computer, monitor and other accessories, moved current computer, monitor and accessories, moved the TV, moved the stationary bike, Gazelle and other exercise equipment and moved my gardening table. Also moved and re-stacked enough copy paper to last me a lifetime. I love my big desk, but it can hold so much crap.

I got it done before I had to leave for work, but I was cutting it close. {The room is still in a tumble. I'll worry about that another day} I got 3 cucumber, 3 squash and 2 Armenian cucumber plants in the hydro system, plus I put a long, lanky tomato that was in a pot under the lights as well. Last night I put 3 kinds of pepper and 2 kinds of tomato seeds {including a purple one} in starter plugs. I'll rig up the other tub when they sprout. Or I may wait til I can get some rockwool starter plugs and put these in soil. I hate to get the water messed up with peat moss, but neither Lowe's nor Walmart have very hydro friendly garden departments.

sgualx18igwg.jpg
    8v9vtm4v2rbd.jpg

Natalie, canned green beans are no kin to the garden fresh ones. I had done a 2nd planting of Blue Lake green beans a few weeks back and only five of them came up. I soaked some seed and replanted 3 rows yesterday. Hope they don't get toasted.

CG, I miss the Friday pictures too. I posted a couple, but it just didn't feel right without KS doing it.

Sdereski, I meet some interesting folks in my line of work too. You just never know who is going to walk through the door.

Beeps, enjoy your last few days. We are here holding down the fort while you stroll across Europe.

You guys have a good weekend,

Larro

PS: here are the numbers for the week.

20.5% Body Fat
    23.7 BMI
    169.4 Pounds

That is a loss of 0.8 pounds for the week. Not to bad since I spent most of the week at 168. Too much garden and too little time to eat.

• gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 83 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Kenpo Cardio Plus"=Done! and that's it! this round is OVER!
  • webbeyes
    webbeyes Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    shroodle88 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I've just turned 40 & have been ogling this group for a while. ...

it's been a long since I've been ogled. :#

I've been Googled, but rarely ogled.
  • Kikiiiii
    Kikiiiii Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    New here, 47 years old. have lost 40bs slowly over 2 years.. Need to lose 60 more.
    Despite the weight loss and much better calorie control and increased exercise, my A1c jumped a bunch since my last annual ( 7.4 to 8.6) I think my pancreas is giving up the ghost. My dr wants to start me on an injectable med, but I asked for a 3 month interval first.. to see if I could better control they diet and exercise. Today is day one of my 90 day interval.
  • Kikiiiii
    Kikiiiii Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    And just got done a week of vacationing at the outer banks. Not sure how it affected my numbers, but I did play a game with myself.. Each time I opted not to eat out and instead ate some of my simple healthy foods, I used the money on an experience instead.. I took a photography lesson.. Here are some photos from my learning arc.. zs2526ckal2z.jpg
    6queikp7r4fg.jpg
    a5koisc2u7jr.jpg

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Kikiiiii wrote: »
    New here, 47 years old. have lost 40bs slowly over 2 years.. Need to lose 60 more.
    Despite the weight loss and much better calorie control and increased exercise, my A1c jumped a bunch since my last annual ( 7.4 to 8.6) I think my pancreas is giving up the ghost. My dr wants to start me on an injectable med, but I asked for a 3 month interval first.. to see if I could better control they diet and exercise. Today is day one of my 90 day interval.

Those photographs are beautiful, glad you had a great time. Sorry to hear about your pancreas and good look with your 90 day plan.