Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Sooo... I am up 6lbs since Monday because of 2 days not eating great (not terribly but not great), ate perfect and exercised yesterday gained .4 lbs to today. I just want you all to know (to borrow @girldownsouth 's phrase) that that is rubbish. Grrr. Have a nice day all.

ETA it's actually @spamarie 's phrase but all you Brits use it so....whatever. ;)

That IS rubbish!
    You'll get rid of it soon, I'm sure!
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Morning everyone. I'm sorry I haven't been commenting much, I have been reading all the posts. This is just been such a busy week at work for me.

Just know that I'm thinking of you all, between the posts here and in the bat cave.

But in case I don't get back - I hope you have a fantastic trip Laura!!

It must be month end for you too, @Glinda1971! I remember us saying we're both in finance. This week has been brutal!
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Sooo... I am up 6lbs since Monday because of 2 days not eating great (not terribly but not great), ate perfect and exercised yesterday gained .4 lbs to today. I just want you all to know (to borrow @girldownsouth 's phrase) that that is rubbish. Grrr. Have a nice day all.

ETA it's actually @spamarie 's phrase but all you Brits use it so....whatever. ;)

I'm pretty sure I (over)use it too. I'm sure it won't hang around too long, still, is a bit rubbish!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Morning everyone. I'm sorry I haven't been commenting much, I have been reading all the posts. This is just been such a busy week at work for me.

Just know that I'm thinking of you all, between the posts here and in the bat cave.

It must be month end for you too, @Glinda1971! I remember us saying we're both in finance. This week has been brutal!

Brutal here too. We're also working on a merger and making the new ICD-10 codes work. The finance problems I had solved by Monday afternoon. I am not sure if the states of Tennessee and Virginia are going to let the merger go through...it may be a lot of work for nothing.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Small win: Colleague just asked if i wanted anything from the baker's. I do, very much so, want a yummies (a doughy/pastry type thing with lots of icing, similar to a yum yum). But i said no.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Small win: Colleague just asked if i wanted anything from the baker's. I do, very much so, want a yummies (a doughy/pastry type thing with lots of icing, similar to a yum yum). But i said no.

Win!!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

That's awesome! I wish I could have some of that willpower today. Sadly, I'm not sure I will. :(
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Win is right! Way to go!
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

That's awesome! I wish I could have some of that willpower today. Sadly, I'm not sure I will. :(

You will Kelly! You can do it!

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

You will Kelly! You can do it!

You can say no, Kelly! I know you can.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options

749 invoices to get out the door and the person who is supposed to help me decided it was a perfect time to do something else. I'm not her supervisor but I'm going to talk to my boss when he gets back next week. It takes 3 full days to do just those so now I have that much more to catch up.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

749 invoices to get out the door and the person who is supposed to help me decided it was a perfect time to do something else. I'm not her supervisor but I'm going to talk to my boss when he gets back next week. It takes 3 full days to do just those so now I have that much more to catch up.

That stinks!!!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @orangesmartie - Yay for you!!

@kelly_c_77 - You can do it!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    So I'm up 0.2 pounds this morning. Considering the way I've eaten this past week, I am actually calling that a win. However, a friend just sent me photos from our rafting trip this weekend, and I am appalled at how I looked. I need to buckle down! (I'll post the offending pic in the batcave. No way it is going up here.)
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I'm still working on getting caught up.

I went on a walk at lunch yesterday with a co-worker so that was good. I'm thinking about walking again today. :)

I have today and then half a day tomorrow for work so I'm in vacation mode already. This weekend I have my Red Rocks concerts so I'm really excited (Pretty Lights Friday and Saturday). :) Hopefully no one laughs at me since I'm older but I bought jewels for my face so I'm going to put those on and I have Glowbys for my hair (fiber optic glow barrettes for hair). I'm just going to have fun. I'll try to post a pic in the batcave from my phone later of my trial run of the jewels to see what you guys think.

Friday morning we are going to Original Pancake house. Strawberry waffles and home fries here I come. Yay.

Cool! I used to be a raver and did all the decked out gear at one time. I've been an EDM DJ for over 5 years. I remember when Pretty Lights was just an up-and-coming midliner. Now he headlines all of his shows. Do you by chance like Bassnectar? He is always doing shows at RR.

Yes, I actually like Bassnectar as well but I've never been to their concert yet (I'm determined though!-I need to just go, I need more money haha). This will be my 3rd year going to the Pretty Lights Red Rocks concerts so I'm really excited. I look forward to it every year. Tickets sell out so fast though.

That is awesome that you are an EDM DJ. We would get along pretty well. That's my favorite type of music. I'm kind of jealous, I always thought being a DJ would be pretty fun!

This is all very interesting... Froggy, I think that you should skip the counseling and find a new romance. A single guy, with similar interests, who doesn't snore...

I was thinking THE SAME THING @girldownsouth!!!

• jmv10
    jmv10 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I plan my day meals during the week to include at least one trip to the office chocolate dish. And I am absolutely useless in the morning if i don't have my diet mt dew.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

Have you tried PB2 apparently it is amazing for those who love peanut butter. :)

Do I earn a space on my BINGO card for this?!

• MoHousdon
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Not to make everyone sad, but I read this secret ages ago on Postsecret, and it really stayed with me. Although it would be hard to stay with a pet until the end, after reading this, I could never leave. :'(
    h69laalbfct1.jpg

I've always stayed. I'm Mama, and I am with them to the end, cuddling them until the vet officially pronounces them "gone".

I also have this weird notion that I have to pretend to be upbeat and cheerful because the dogs have always picked up on my emotions and I don't want them to feel my sadness. Although I guess I've never fooled them.

peleroja wrote: »
    Will anyone have any sympathy for me if I say that for the first time in my life I'm having trouble keeping weight on?

Since I've bumped up my exercise with the stairs etc and weights, I've been losing weight again, (slowly but still), although I feel like I'm eating so much more. I'm tracking and even going over what should be maintenance but it's still continuing to drop bit by bit. Eating is a chore at this point, which I never thought in a million years would even be possible.

I'm worried that it's rendering the exercise pointless if I'm not building muscle. I don't want to be putting in all this working-out, stair-climbing and strength-training effort for nothing so I'm kind of frustrated. And quite frankly, I don't really want to be any thinner at this point. My clothes are getting too big, there's an inch of empty space in my bra cups, and my rings are super loose.

I have never in my life felt bad for people who claim they can't gain weight (because how hard is it to just eat some more?!) but it turns out that the answer seems to be that it's a lot harder than I thought.

Loads of sympathy here, I'm having much the same issues.

Whereas I liked the idea of losing some BF and getting definition, I didn't want to lose flesh off my chest and face, which is where the loss is the most noticeable.

Last summer I dropped 5 lbs (that I didn't need to lose) because of taking hardcore antibiotics... I digested nothing for two weeks. Right after that I was on vacation and my physical activity increased significantly, plus my eating got a bit erratic just because of weird scheduling, and I only managed to gain 2 lbs back. Dedicated myself to lifting and eating higher protein in January, but it has still taken me a year to return to my normal weight.

I was hoping that building muscle would ADD some weight, not just shrink my boobs.

DON'T SAY THAT!!! :o

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I said yes to the sugary coffee drink and the donut this morning.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

Have you tried PB2 apparently it is amazing for those who love peanut butter. :)

Do I earn a space on my BINGO card for this?!
    I would have thought you'd completed it three times over by now! :D