Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

Have you tried PB2 apparently it is amazing for those who love peanut butter. :)

Do I earn a space on my BINGO card for this?!
    I would have thought you'd completed it three times over by now! :D

Complete black outs on the card too!!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    If I play my cards right, I might be going to Pizza Ranch on Sunday. I'm pretty stoked about this.

What is Pizza Ranch? It sounds delightful. I hope you can rope some pizza. And maybe ride a horse.

http://www.pizzaranch.com/

I would LOVE to ride a horse. I plan on "roping" pizza, breadsticks, dessert pizza, potato wedges, and maybe even fried chicken.

Well....come visit me. I can help you fulfill that dream. :)

I almost tagged you in my post about horseback riding. I haven't done it since I was a kid, and Mr. Mo and Rachael never have.

Well you make it to the east coast and I'll show you around NY and take you horseback riding!

Life goal! I NEED to make this happen!

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I said yes to the sugary coffee drink and the donut this morning.

I said no, and am regretting it. LOL
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Small win: Colleague just asked if i wanted anything from the baker's. I do, very much so, want a yummies (a doughy/pastry type thing with lots of icing, similar to a yum yum). But i said no.

We call them yumyums where I live. You've made me want one too! I shall resist purely because when we have a big DIY week, we tend to have a big takeaway week too.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    I am very happy it is Friday. I am ready to sleep in a bit tomorrow and then head off to a graduation for my friend's daughter who is graduating from college. Hopefully I won't go overboard on the celebrating.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Not to make everyone sad, but I read this secret ages ago on Postsecret, and it really stayed with me. Although it would be hard to stay with a pet until the end, after reading this, I could never leave. :'(
    h69laalbfct1.jpg

I didn't stay with the first pet we ever put down..our cat, Bowie. I thought it would be too hard. I felt guilty every day after that...just imagining him there without his family. :cry: It still makes me so sad, even now as I type it.
    When it was time last summer to put our dog Pacey down, I stayed the entire time until the very last few seconds. I didn't want my last view/memory (whatever you want to call it) of him to be after he passed/stopped breathing. But I held his paw and snuggled him the entire time up until the second before his last breath...and he stared right into my eyes the entire time. (I'm bawling right now typing this)...
    Then just a few months later when our cat Steve had to be put down, I did the same thing.
    It's still so hard to think about...but I feel much better knowing that I was there with them. Just still feel so bad about Bowie. If I could go back, I would. :cry:

<3

I made the same mistake once.

I did it once, too, and never again. I will never again be there at the exact last moment. When I put my ChiPom down, I held his paw and I can't shake the memory of how it was. I wish I could remember him any other way.
  • quiksylver296
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I confess I am sooooo ready for (American) football season. I have changed my profile pic and am currently wearing my Boise State polo at work. I am team mom on my son's team, my hubby is asst coach. We have season tickets to the Boise State games. ARGH!!! Kick off, already!!!!
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Morning everyone. I'm sorry I haven't been commenting much, I have been reading all the posts. This is just been such a busy week at work for me.

Just know that I'm thinking of you all, between the posts here and in the bat cave.

But in case I don't get back - I hope you have a fantastic trip Laura!!

Ah I've been so out of this thread I forgot she was leaving soon! YAY!!!! So jealous and HAVE FUN!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Morning everyone. I'm sorry I haven't been commenting much, I have been reading all the posts. This is just been such a busy week at work for me.

Just know that I'm thinking of you all, between the posts here and in the bat cave.

But in case I don't get back - I hope you have a fantastic trip Laura!!

Ah I've been so out of this thread I forgot she was leaving soon! YAY!!!! So jealous and HAVE FUN!

She leaves today, I believe!! So jealous!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    @mohousdon I blame you for this.

ETA: Rubbish! Sometimes my phone will post a photo and sometimes not. There was supposed to be a picture of my zucchini bread with cream cheese icing there....

Blame me all you want, if blaming me also entails you sending me some zucchini bread.

Also, I STILL CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO POST PICTURES USING MY PHONE. :(

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Not to make everyone sad, but I read this secret ages ago on Postsecret, and it really stayed with me. Although it would be hard to stay with a pet until the end, after reading this, I could never leave. :'(
    h69laalbfct1.jpg

I've always stayed. I'm Mama, and I am with them to the end, cuddling them until the vet officially pronounces them "gone".

I also have this weird notion that I have to pretend to be upbeat and cheerful because the dogs have always picked up on my emotions and I don't want them to feel my sadness. Although I guess I've never fooled them.

peleroja wrote: »
    Will anyone have any sympathy for me if I say that for the first time in my life I'm having trouble keeping weight on?

Since I've bumped up my exercise with the stairs etc and weights, I've been losing weight again, (slowly but still), although I feel like I'm eating so much more. I'm tracking and even going over what should be maintenance but it's still continuing to drop bit by bit. Eating is a chore at this point, which I never thought in a million years would even be possible.

I'm worried that it's rendering the exercise pointless if I'm not building muscle. I don't want to be putting in all this working-out, stair-climbing and strength-training effort for nothing so I'm kind of frustrated. And quite frankly, I don't really want to be any thinner at this point. My clothes are getting too big, there's an inch of empty space in my bra cups, and my rings are super loose.

I have never in my life felt bad for people who claim they can't gain weight (because how hard is it to just eat some more?!) but it turns out that the answer seems to be that it's a lot harder than I thought.

Loads of sympathy here, I'm having much the same issues.

Whereas I liked the idea of losing some BF and getting definition, I didn't want to lose flesh off my chest and face, which is where the loss is the most noticeable.

Last summer I dropped 5 lbs (that I didn't need to lose) because of taking hardcore antibiotics... I digested nothing for two weeks. Right after that I was on vacation and my physical activity increased significantly, plus my eating got a bit erratic just because of weird scheduling, and I only managed to gain 2 lbs back. Dedicated myself to lifting and eating higher protein in January, but it has still taken me a year to return to my normal weight.

I was hoping that building muscle would ADD some weight, not just shrink my boobs.

DON'T SAY THAT!!! :o

LOL, that's about the only good thing about dropping my body fat so low. Losing them makes me positively gleeful, apart from all the extra cup space.
  • MoHousdon
    edited August 2015
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

Have you tried PB2 apparently it is amazing for those who love peanut butter. :)

Do I earn a space on my BINGO card for this?!
    I would have thought you'd completed it three times over by now! :D

I think I have, but I lost my first card. :smiley:

Nice job, @crosbylee!

• MoHousdon
    Options
    h69laalbfct1.jpg

I've always stayed. I'm Mama, and I am with them to the end, cuddling them until the vet officially pronounces them "gone".

I also have this weird notion that I have to pretend to be upbeat and cheerful because the dogs have always picked up on my emotions and I don't want them to feel my sadness. Although I guess I've never fooled them.

Will anyone have any sympathy for me if I say that for the first time in my life I'm having trouble keeping weight on?

Since I've bumped up my exercise with the stairs etc and weights, I've been losing weight again, (slowly but still), although I feel like I'm eating so much more. I'm tracking and even going over what should be maintenance but it's still continuing to drop bit by bit. Eating is a chore at this point, which I never thought in a million years would even be possible.

I'm worried that it's rendering the exercise pointless if I'm not building muscle. I don't want to be putting in all this working-out, stair-climbing and strength-training effort for nothing so I'm kind of frustrated. And quite frankly, I don't really want to be any thinner at this point. My clothes are getting too big, there's an inch of empty space in my bra cups, and my rings are super loose.

I have never in my life felt bad for people who claim they can't gain weight (because how hard is it to just eat some more?!) but it turns out that the answer seems to be that it's a lot harder than I thought.

Whereas I liked the idea of losing some BF and getting definition, I didn't want to lose flesh off my chest and face, which is where the loss is the most noticeable.

Last summer I dropped 5 lbs (that I didn't need to lose) because of taking hardcore antibiotics... I digested nothing for two weeks. Right after that I was on vacation and my physical activity increased significantly, plus my eating got a bit erratic just because of weird scheduling, and I only managed to gain 2 lbs back. Dedicated myself to lifting and eating higher protein in January, but it has still taken me a year to return to my normal weight.

I was hoping that building muscle would ADD some weight, not just shrink my boobs.

LOL, that's about the only good thing about dropping my body fat so low. Losing them makes me positively gleeful, apart from all the extra cup space.

But you have them to lose, I, however, do not.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    I was really, REALLY sad when I couldn't get on the forums yesterday. I thought you all were gone forever. Seriously. I am glad that is not the case. I did, however, get some real work done yesterday, so there is that.

Confessions:
    1. I did not pack a proper lunch today because we're going to Chick-Fil-A for dinner tonight and I need to save calories for all that fried deliciousness.
    2. I am up almost 4 lbs. from last week's weight.
    3. I was miffed at first, but now, I don't really care.
    4. I plan on eating ALL THE FOODS this weekend.
    5. I ate 2 bites of gelato, a few grapes, and a couple small squares of chocolate yesterday that DID NOT go in my diary.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    h69laalbfct1.jpg

But you have them to lose, I, however, do not.
    No, me neither :(
    I'm starting to see how some women reward themselves for getting to their goal weight, by getting a 'little extra' added!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    I was disappointed last night. DH and I decided on an impromptu date night (quick Vietnamese dinner followed by new Mission Impossible movie) I ate only one spring roll and wor wonton soup (left the noodles) in anticipation of a treat at the movies, but our film was SOLD OUT! So we went home and I had fruit and yogurt instead and was grumpy. :|
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    So. Much. PAIN. :s

Confession: I spent the better part of this morning crying my eyes out because my back injury hurts so terribly. I haven't slept in two nights because of it, and the OTC medicine we got at the pharmacy is barely tickling it. Walking hurts, sitting hurts, laying hurts, EVERYTHING HURTS.

Right now, between the evil migraine I'm nursing right now and the back injury, I'm in so much pain that I feel nauseated. :'(
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    I confess I am sooooo ready for (American) football season. I have changed my profile pic and am currently wearing my Boise State polo at work. I am team mom on my son's team, my hubby is asst coach. We have season tickets to the Boise State games. ARGH!!! Kick off, already!!!!

I feel this way with hockey... I'm not Canadian at all eh lol
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    @susieq_1994 Oh Susie I am sososo sorry :(
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    So. Much. PAIN. :s

Confession: I spent the better part of this morning crying my eyes out because my back injury hurts so terribly. I haven't slept in two nights because of it, and the OTC medicine we got at the pharmacy is barely tickling it. Walking hurts, sitting hurts, laying hurts, EVERYTHING HURTS.

Right now, between the evil migraine I'm nursing right now and the back injury, I'm in so much pain that I feel nauseated. :'(
    Oh no! So sorry you're having this all at once. Sounds like a prescription is needed.