New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• 915kat
    915kat Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Nabisco-Limited-Edition-Brownie-Batter-Oreo-Cookies.jpg
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,639 Member
    Options
    I'm like the only one in this thread that didn't like the brownie batter oreos. :(
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    kkOo1z2.jpg

These... I bought all but the white chocolate raspberry and the brownie and sampled all 4...ok I ate all 4 in the past two days lol. They are delicious! It did piss me off that one of the bar weighed 85g when it was suppose to be 63g tho. Thats a BIG discrepancy. On the bright side I got more deliciousness :wink: They are all 210 calories with 20g of protein. Not as good ingredient list as Quest, but still very decent.

I found the peanut butter and cookie dough ones at my local GNC. Sadly, they are $5 each (CAD) because of the horrible CAD to USD exchange rate right now. I bought one of each anyway, and had the peanut butter cup one today. It's meh. Didn't taste like peanut butter, mostly just a bar of chocolate coated chewy peanut butter-coloured filling. It tastes fine, but I won't buy that flavour again. At least the chocolate coating is yummy. Unless the cookie dough one blows me away, I'll pass on them - more expensive and less favourable ingredient profile than Quest.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Finally got to try these

trader-joes-brownie-crisps.png?w=590

First impression... pretty big if 3 is 100 calories. Yeah, no. I weighed them, 2 and 1/3 was 1g more than one serving is. Another lying label!

They're pretty good though.. very crunchy, but taste more like a dark chocolate cookie than a brownie for me. So I'm a bit disappointed because they seemed awesome for the calories... but I'm not a dark chocolate cookie person. I'm not sure I'll buy them again and I'm actually going to unhide it to share with my family.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Finally got to try these

First impression... pretty big if 3 is 100 calories. Yeah, no. I weighed them, 2 and 1/3 was 1g more than one serving is. Another lying label!

They're pretty good though.. very crunchy, but taste more like a dark chocolate cookie than a brownie for me. So I'm a bit disappointed because they seemed awesome for the calories... but I'm not a dark chocolate cookie person. I'm not sure I'll buy them again and I'm actually going to unhide it to share with my family.
    Finally got to try these

My TJ didn't have them, I searched every shelf and aisle twice. I'll keep looking.

As for the Quark, it's cheese, but with the consistency of yogurt. Just not the tart taste. I like it, I"ve tried flavors I normally wouldn't and liked those. There's a feature on their site to search where you can find them locally. Whole Foods has them, but not as many flavor choices as the only Target in the area does. And Target's cheaper. I just wish all the Targets carried them. Taking one to work tonight.

• Francl27
    Options
    kar328 wrote: »
    Finally got to try these

Finally got to try these

My TJ didn't have them, I searched every shelf and aisle twice. I'll keep looking.

As for the Quark, it's cheese, but with the consistency of yogurt. Just not the tart taste. I like it, I"ve tried flavors I normally wouldn't and liked those. There's a feature on their site to search where you can find them locally. Whole Foods has them, but not as many flavor choices as the only Target in the area does. And Target's cheaper. I just wish all the Targets carried them. Taking one to work tonight.

The crisps were at two different spots in my store, with the regular cookies (on top of the freezer stuff) and on the side with the pickle pop corn (which I almost bought for my husband as a joke as he's always pestering us about pickles).

What I really love is 'fromage blanc' but the only place that sells it here is Wegmans and it's a tiny container for $6 or something ridiculous... Fantastic protein per calorie ratio, creamy, not tart, denser than yogurt, and it's what I always ate in France. I really miss it (haven't tried the one from Wegmans due to price though).

I actually learned today that fromage blanc isn't the same as fromage frais, and fromage frais is apparently the same thing as Quark?
  • Apud85
    Apud85 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Just caved and bought a pack of the new Blue Moon seasonals. Drinking the Cinnamon Horchata Ale now and it's really good.. not sweet, subtle cinnamon flavor.

Also picked up the Pickle Popcorn from Trader Joes!! So excited to have them for my snack tonight. ubvg8t1nwtag.jpg
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Apud85 wrote: »
    Just caved and bought a pack of the new Blue Moon seasonals. Drinking the Cinnamon Horchata Ale now and it's really good.. not sweet, subtle cinnamon flavor.

Also picked up the Pickle Popcorn from Trader Joes!! So excited to have them for my snack tonight. ubvg8t1nwtag.jpg
    I was really tempted to pick that up the other day, but we have too much beer in the house. The Cinnamon Horchata Ale and the Chai Spiced Ale seem really delicious. I guess I'll just have to wait until it gets more Fall-y to buy them.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Apud85 wrote: »

The Chai ale sounds intriguing, but we have a local brewery with a Chai porter that is amazing. I can't imagine miller being able to top it.
  • Francl27
    Options
    First actually new product that I've tried in awhile. Absolutely delicious.

coffee%20snakaroons.jpg

Oh this looks good... although I'd probably like it better without the coffee part.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this has been posted but I am loving this stuff right now. A little pricey but worth it IMO.

11150152_720870538039049_2404463238942007760_n_zpszknm6kxa.png
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    VegasFit wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been posted but I am loving this stuff right now. A little pricey but worth it IMO.

I'm intrigued, but those sugar alcohols will probably spell bad news for me...
  • Francl27
    Options

I've only found the vanilla one, and it was actually a downer the second time I bought it... maybe because the first time I was expecting to find it nasty, and it wasn't, but the second time I expected it to taste better than it did... if that makes sense, lol. It's still decent for the calories though, but I want to try the chocolate and birthday cake ones.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options

I've only found the vanilla one, and it was actually a downer the second time I bought it... maybe because the first time I was expecting to find it nasty, and it wasn't, but the second time I expected it to taste better than it did... if that makes sense, lol. It's still decent for the calories though, but I want to try the chocolate and birthday cake ones.

Vanilla is probably my least favorite but that would be the case for me with any froyo or ice cream. The only one I haven't tried is the chocolate mocha chip. So far I haven't seen it available to purchase. I usually buy the chocolate, mint chip and birthday cake. It taste a million times better to me than Artic Zero. I have containers of that in the fridge that I can't even eat cause it's so nasty! Lol.
  • bluemaine1212
    bluemaine1212 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Also not a new product but brand new to me is the fit and active cinnamon swirl snacks with vanilla drizzle from Aldis. Macros are decent and they taste just like the pink iced animal cookies - heaven!
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    FINALLY found this

Elli-Quark-Review-Peach-01.jpg

Very disappointed. Will buy again if I find it on sale, but it's just not worth the price tag. Sadface.

*gasp* That's what I had in the strawberry the other day. What disappointed you about it?

I've never had Quark before so what is the difference between that & greek yogurt/plain yogurt?

One's cheese and the other is yogurt. Both are really creamy altho I think Quark is creamier. Quark also doesn't have that soury/tarty taste. And this may be tmi but the Quark doesn't make my teeth feel so weird that I have to brush right after.

Hey, just FYI, yogurt is cheese too. Like ricotta or cottage cheese. The difference is in the bacteria used to culture each one. Different bacteria give them different flavors.

Fun fact, or not. Your choice.
  • kazminchu
    kazminchu Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Having stalked this thread for the past few lunchtimes, I have realised that if I ever come to America, I'm going to be very very fat and very very poor.

Just so you know, we only have like 4 flavours of Oreo in England, and one of them is double stuff so I don't really count it.
    *sadface*
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,639 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    FINALLY found this

Elli-Quark-Review-Peach-01.jpg

Very disappointed. Will buy again if I find it on sale, but it's just not worth the price tag. Sadface.

*gasp* That's what I had in the strawberry the other day. What disappointed you about it?

I've never had Quark before so what is the difference between that & greek yogurt/plain yogurt?

One's cheese and the other is yogurt. Both are really creamy altho I think Quark is creamier. Quark also doesn't have that soury/tarty taste. And this may be tmi but the Quark doesn't make my teeth feel so weird that I have to brush right after.

Hey, just FYI, yogurt is cheese too. Like ricotta or cottage cheese. The difference is in the bacteria used to culture each one. Different bacteria give them different flavors.

Fun fact, or not. Your choice.

I had no clue (obviously)! I mean, sure, all dairy products but cheeeeeeeese. :)

But, damn, that got me thinking about probiotics I quark so I did a quick search and it's not a probiotic food. I need all the probiotics I can get. :)