Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,958 Member
    Options
    I lifted. BOOM!
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Still working the I/F schedule of eating between 12-8. I notice that I am eating a LOT in that time, so need to impose some discipline on myself. Curious about the weigh in on Friday. I'm still consuming about the same number of calories, just doing it in a shorter time frame. I'll have to re-read the science to remind myself why that has a different outcome.

Katharmonic, congratulations! Huge milestone!
    AP, maintenance is s significant win when traveling so much. Good work!
    Beeps, welcome back. Your muscles will follow soon.
    G3G, keep it up.
    Sdereski, half-marathon! Very cool. When is it? How long do you have to train? Registering is a good motivational tactic.
    My son needs me to let his pups out for a break at lunch, so that means a 3 mile power walk!
    Tonight I pick up my farm share, so I think I'll be making the brocolli - cauliflower soup for dinner. That should fill me up without overloading the calories.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    My AM Cardio yesterday.

2bdl6in626la.jpg

My AM Cardio today.

47y09mee0wmq.jpg

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    SHOULDERS=DONE!
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Options
    Yoo Hoo! Where is everybody?
    Weigh in tomorrow to test out the I/F routine.

Got a good brisk walk in yesterday, and should be able to do something at lunch today as well.
    It's a gorgeous day here, so looking forward to getting outside.

Picked up our farm share yesterday. So many cucumbers!! Last night I juiced a giant one, and used that as broth for a partially raw broccoli cauliflower soup. Partly raw in that I kept some florets aside, and sauteed them with spices, then put the raw pureed part (more florets plus soaked almonds and garlic and whatnot) over that. Pretty decent taste. Tonight its zucchini meatless balls on a bed of lettuce. And tomorrow is Portuguese kale soup. Using it all is really stretching my culinary talents.

Hope you all have a great day.
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Good morning Cool Kids!
    I made it back to the gym this morning. Was nice to myself and did all of my chiro-prescribed routines as well as my regular strength training. Went pretty good. This neck-pain issue has been going on since June. Sure hope the new routine works it out.
    Welcome home Beeps!
    Good job G3G.
    Furballs, I totally get it! Enough with the injuries and aches already!
    This is the fourth day I've done I/F, aka not eating before noon or after 8. It's 9:40, and I'm bored and fidgety. A little hungry, but not bad. Knowing I can eat normally in just a couple hours takes the anxiety out of it, so still a doable habit. I'll check the scales on Friday and let you all know how it's going.

CG- let me know how it goes, I have been doing the same plan for a couple weeks & did not lose. I must be taking into many calories from 12-8. I have not had enough workouts either. It is strange because I am not a morning eater but when I started doing the 16:8 I felt really hungry in the morning..... I am still trying but I think my evening meal is too much. I am excited to hear your results.
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    You guys. I made it. 199.2 lbs at my weigh in! I'm under 200!! Woo-hoo.

Great job!!!! Congratulations:)
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Wow larro, I don't know how you do so much gardening and yard work. I went out to pick peas and green beans for awhile today, bending over and squatting, and it did me in.
    Katharmonic congrats on the weight loss, just keep going, pretty soon new habits will not seem so hard keeping.
    I have been working on a baby quilt for my niece's first baby. I am trying to get it done because my sister is sending me one that she's having trouble with. She is having carpeltunnel issues.
    the exercising has been going good this week. Still don't love it, but I can eat a little more, and feel stronger and I know it is helping. I hope you all have a good day.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Wow larro, I don't know how you do so much gardening and yard work. I went out to pick peas and green beans for awhile today, bending over and squatting, and it did me in.

I got up this morning and decided to add another water line with a spigot over to the fence. The oak there is better shade for doing my sprouts. Digging in the garden is much easier than when I put down all the lines for my grapes and fruit trees a while back. That was a job of work. I love doing hard work, as long as it's something I don't have to do. When it cools down a little I'll be out there with my ax and hand saw clearing brush like George Bush. But a day on my hands and knees transplanting does give me a sore butt for a few days. We picked the first few peas on the 2nd planting tonight. Not really enough for a mess, but there will be more in a couple of days.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    total body circuits today. 4 rounds, twice through. tomorrow...I slack. :)
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Happy Friday Cool Kids.

I go in to work at 1300, so I can't spend all day in the garden today. The weekend break for work will be good. You know you have over done it when even Bad Word is trying to hide from all the gardening.

3n9bp75opqs1.jpg

You guys have a good one,

Larro
  • kewilly71
    kewilly71 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am 44 yr old Mum and would love to join! Like others here, HOW do we join this group?
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Options
    Happy Friday Cool Kids!
    I weighed today. I weigh exactly the same as last Friday :/.
    Ruby, it's precisely the same for me. I think I'm consuming too much between noon and 8, and my exercise has definitely been off since I've been dealing with this neck/upper back issue. E.g. I haven't been able to ride my bicycle to work, so no epic calorie burns during the week. No matter what twist or color we try to put on it, it still comes down to "eat less, exercise more". *hanging head in shame* I know this. I just haven't really been doing it. Sucking it up and getting back on this horse.
    Natalie, great job on the exercising! I know when you find a routine(s) you like, that really helps. And then noticing that you're feeling stronger helps cement those habits.
    Larro, wow, if you've driven Bad Word into hiding, you've definitely gone too far!

Tomorrow B & I have an early kayak launch to gather mussels for the state lab to test, which is hardly a chore! Surely we'll fish and play while we're out there.

Have a super Friday, and a great weekend if I don't get to check back in before Monday.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    You guys. I made it. 199.2 lbs at my weigh in! I'm under 200!! Woo-hoo.

Congratulations!!! :)
  • sdereski
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    I lifted. BOOM!

Great! Welcome back. Vacation looked fabulous!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Happy Friday! So glad it's Friday. I am bushed from the week! Ran 4 days in a row (PT is away for 2 weeks) Start back with her on Tuesday. Will work out my PT and running schedule so I am not doing both on the same days.
    Consecutive running days are a big win for me - haven't done that in over a year. Yikes! Am trying to get back up to pace and run a half marathon in the late fall.

larro - that is some garden you have! More like an acreage!
    Curious - I do 6:1 for 1/F. I have tried 5:2 but find the 2 consecutive fast days difficult. I have done it, but only a couple of times.

The B&B continues to bring me such great people! I was thinking this morning how lucky I am. The guests arrive as strangers and leave as friends. I never know who is going to walk in my door. I have made so many wonderful friends this summer. :) For some that is scary, or not cool, but I love it.
    The young lady that is now going to be my "regular" as she will come monthly for work is a DOLL!

Have a dinner date with Miss Esme after work today. Am sure it will be Subway, as that is her favourite place. She is having a hard time adjusting to having a little sister. Breaks my heart to hear that she has been crying a lot and throwing tantrums. That is so not like her, but am sure she misses her mom. I am going to ask to take the baby tomorrow, so they can have mommy and Esme time, and I can try and bond with my new granddaughter, who btw, is a dark haired, blue eyed BEAUTY! <3
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Good Evening Cool Kids.

It turned out I had to come in at 1000 this morning. I kind of knew my boss had a Dr's appointment, but I had forgot the cleaning/maintenance guy was taking today off. If I hadn't gone in the house for a water break, I would have been late for work. Since the mad dash trying to get showered and to work on time, it has been a pretty laid back. Other than the big lighting storm that left Blountstown in the dark for about 30 minutes. It was just at sunset, or my customers would have been even more scared. Luckily it was just a lockout for tomorrow's event, so there were not too many people in the Ball Room.

Hope you guys' weekend is off to a good start,

Larro

Here are the numbers for the week:

20.1% Body Fat
    23.5 BMI
    167.9 Pounds

That is 1.5 pounds lost for the week. This is a new low for me. On these long garden days, I have to start eating more calorie dense foods. I'm getting bony.

sdereski wrote: »
    larro - that is some garden you have! More like an acreage!

It is four times as big as two years ago. Last year I doubled it, then this year I doubled it again. I need to keep reminding myself that it doesn't all have to be planted at once.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,958 Member
    Options
    Cardio day, today! ZOOM!
  • Steve_ApexNC
    Steve_ApexNC Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    Cardio day, today! ZOOM!

Beeps. I know we haven't met - I just found this thread in the last couple of weeks and am in and out. But I did want to say thanks for sharing some amazing photo's of your trip. That looked like a grand time.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    slacking, er...still "in progress". :p