40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    kewilly71 wrote: »
    I am 44 yr old Mum and would love to join! Like others here, HOW do we join this group?

You just post. Simplest thing in the world
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I'm sure eventually I'll get out of holiday mode. Good all week, bad all weekend is not going to result in weight loss!
  • martinjainsworth
    martinjainsworth Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    43 year old new guy here ;)
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    chest & tris=DONE!
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    3furballs wrote: »
    I'm sure eventually I'll get out of holiday mode. Good all week, bad all weekend is not going to result in weight loss!

This seems to be the story of my life, I guess I live for Holiday weekends:) LOL, at least I can say I lived it up. :D
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Curious- please do not hang your head in shame, you should be proud even if the scale stayed the same. That has been the results for me too. I have been trying harder to make better choices & get in more exercise (even if it is a walk for 20 minutes). The important thing thing is we keep trying, we search out new ideas & conversations, connections! At the end of the day we know we were productive people and that is what counts. I have an uncle who is on hospice right now with cancer of bladder & kidneys, cannot eat, cannot exercise. He is just happy he got out of the nursing home to go home to die in peace. Sometimes it is the simple things.....lets notice the simple things things week. I am still one of your biggest fans :) !
  • whiteblossom14
    whiteblossom14 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I am 44 and would like to join the group and would like to lose another 3 stone but just taken it one day at a time.
  • iloveclones67
    iloveclones67 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    48 and would love to join. Started a Heart Healthy study(basically weight watchers except they pay me ) at the University of Pittsburgh in May. Been doing wonderful, have lost 50lbs, my sleep apnea has disappeared, I'm exercising like crazy and have energy that I definitely didn't have before. Clothes, especially suits, feel enjoyable again. I would love (and reciprocate) anyone that wanted to join up here (iloveclones67) or on Instagram which I just set up for health/food/fitness related stuff.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,959 Member
    Options
    Steve - it was an awesome trip!

No workout, today. Tomorrow, I lift!
  • beverlyjlarson
    beverlyjlarson Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 52 yrs young. 5'4. 197lbs. My weight has bounced up and down the last 20 years. It's time to get serious. My wakeup call was visiting with my Grandchildren and not being able to keep up. I want to be the fun Grammy,not the Grammy who dies far too young of heart failure.
  • gam3rguy
    edited August 2015
    Options
    6gmj16kzi81g.jpg

...DONE!
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Cool Kids,
    These next couple of weeks are going to be brutal at work, but that should actually help with maintaining a strict eating schedule.
    Saturday we went kayaking and gathered bull kelp to make kelp pickles (which are really good!). The coolest thing was that as I was trimming some fronds I found a baby octopus! So freaking adorable. So small it fit in the palm of my hand.
    We tried to do a motorcycle ride on Sunday, and had some success, but didn't go where we had intended because the smoke from all of the fires here was as thick as fog! Sad times for the forests.
    I'm trying a new gym schedule... one little satellite of my gym is close to work, so I'm going to try going there before going home. It should be a lot less busy than the main one.
    Beeps, enjoy your lift day today!
    Sdereski, adjusting to siblings is hard on kids to be sure. It's great that you and her mom are letting her know how loved she is. I'm enjoying hearing about your running schedule. It brings back such happy memories from my running days.
    Ruby, that is so sweet o:) I really needed to hear that. Thanks!
    G3G, hysterical pic. Congrats on making your legs whimper.
    Furballs, weekends are such a challenge, but you're so right. It just doesn't work if you go on holiday every weekend!
    Larro, that really is low for you! Luckily you're an awesome cook, so you'd better get cracking in that kitchen!

Enjoy your day everyone!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I hope work isn't too, too bad, curious! I begin, in earnest, my "work-hunt" today!! A networking lunch....

I lifted this morning. My good friend Joan was at the gym. It was fun talking to her UNTIL she DL 260....while I I doing 95. Aaaagggghhhhh!!!!

BOOM!!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Back & Bis=Done!
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    You're all far too young for me - 40? oh yes I remember it well lol
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hey all,
    Just touching base. No exercise in a few days...lots of work at home - cooking and cleaning. Still doing well with food choices and water intake.
    Beeps - had to chuckle at your comment about your friend's DL weight.
    Suzieue - no worries, a few of us are 50+. That's how long we've been here. :D;)
    gam3rguy - way to keep knockin it out of the park!
    Curious - your life just sounds so, so cool. Not the work part, but all the other stuff. :)
    Had a last minute B&B guest last night. I mean, very last minute. Got a message around 11:30 p.m., from a parent in California. Their son is driving across the country and didn't book a room in this area and there were none to be had. They found me on airbnb and in walked the young man just after midnight.
    I'm a mom. I couldn't say "no". :)
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    suziecue20 wrote: »
    You're all far too young for me - 40? oh yes I remember it well lol

54 Next week.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    yeah, sdereski....I have lost a LOT OF STRENGTH this summer. Good thing I have all winter to pile it back on!

Today was a walk with a gf....ZOOM!
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Dang! There are my favorite ginger lemon cookies in the break room! Evil co-workers.
    Beeps, she did a 260 DL?!? Wow! We'll, at least you've got peer pressure to keep you motivated. ;)
    AP, happy 54 next week!
    G3G, never stop.
    Sdereski, we continue to have a mutual admiration society!

I'm trying a new gym routine. Yesterday the schedule worked, but the little gym didn't have much floor space, and three guys totally tied up the only benches & free weights the entire time. Today I'll try another branch that is right on my way home. It's a new one, and I haven't been before, so I'm looking forward to seeing what's there. ...oh! and it's time to get dressed and get going!
    Have a good one everybody!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Felt better at kettlebell tonight, no muscle spasm/stitch when breathing so the rib is back where it belongs, still going light on my right side specially with any chest stuff, but I felt good! Here's going I feel that way in the morning too!