Real women have curves.

Options

Replies

• lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Life is incredibly short and goes incredibly quick. Everyone should do what makes them happy
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    It's a stupid saying, but if it helps a person feel confidence and self esteem in their little tiny brains then I see no harm. If it's slathered all over the internet like a really cheap lotion, and it's made to make someone else feel inferior then that's harmful.

Depends on the context.
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    tl;dr: op has anger issues around overweight people

No that not it. I don't have anger over people giving up on their health because, now people are using terms like that to make it acceptable to be obese.
  • ldrosophila
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I personally love an athletic and fit look with some curves...I like Michelle Jenneke's curves...

xL1S5i0.jpg

michelle_jenneke_hipshake_loop.gif

that said, real women come in all different shapes and sizes...and people have a variety of preferences.

I love how when this question gets asked me post a picture of chicks who weigh 115lbs, when in reality alot of the women are referring to much less graceful curves that associate themselves with people weighing 200+ pounds. I could work out 3 hours a day 7 days a week and still not look like this chick without a boob job because genetics failed me :/

The ACA will probably start covering those soon...

Must stay out of political discussion must resist the urge to deride ACA

• woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Curves are good... rolls, not so good? Right? Right.

There's a difference in being healthy & being unhealthy. Slobby, not slobby. Beauty comes in all shapes & sizes. Hell, I wish I had the confidence that women have, who are heavier. It would make things easier, maybe. But women are real no matter what they look like. "Why can't we be friends?"
  • ldrosophila
    Options
    Char231023 wrote: »
    tl;dr: op has anger issues around overweight people

No that not it. I don't have anger over people giving up on their health because, now people are using terms like that to make it acceptable to be obese.

you might want to revisit your use of the word acceptable that's when the whole issue of shaming starts getting ugly

• CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I'm too grown for this conversation. OP, who cares? Do you, let curvy ladies do them. So annoyed with people that can't let other people have an opinion.
  • Neversettle78
    Neversettle78 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'm too grown for this conversation. OP, who cares? Do you, let curvy ladies do them. So annoyed with people that can't let other people have an opinion.

I must have missed where she said that she didn't allow other people to have an opinion....in fact, I think she even stated that she expected to receive differing opinions.

Where is your anger coming from? Posting about being "too grown for this conversation" seems a bit immature to me, but that is just MY opinion. I have seen some of your other posts and seem to recall you rejecting differing opinions, but perhaps I am wrong. I can't specifically think of which topic it was being discussed so can't offer anything to back that up.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I personally love an athletic and fit look with some curves...I like Michelle Jenneke's curves...

xL1S5i0.jpg

that said, real women come in all different shapes and sizes...and people have a variety of preferences.

I love how when this question gets asked men post a picture of chicks who weigh 115lbs, when in reality alot of the women are referring to much less graceful curves that associate themselves with people weighing 200+ pounds. I could work out 3 hours a day 7 days a week and still not look like this chick without a boob job because genetics failed me :/

and you just completely missed the part where I said I preferred this body type and these kind of curves...and other people have different preferences...and that real women come in all shapes and sizes.

you have some awesome reading comprehension skills.

and I seriously doubt Michelle Jenneke weighs 115 Lbs...she is athletic and muscular...she weighs quite a bit more than that I'd guess. My wife has a similar body style though she is not a professional athlete so not quite as much muscle...she's about 5'2" and 135....

and yes...i realize the whole curves thing is largely large women fooling themselves or something...but everything isn't such serious *kitten* and really, it's just all silly...so big whoop.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Non_Stop wrote: »
    bddc0de84a6be026182a58060de0e0d9.jpg

I read this and thought about sending it to you, until I realized you were the poster. Figures.
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options

I never said people couldn't have a different opinion. I was opening up a discussion.
    I do have a problem with people thinking I have issues with overweight people. Even if I try to clarify my self it is just going to look like I am digging myself in a deeper hole.

My original post was to vent and get something off my chest and have a conversation about it not to offend anybody.

• soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

xL1S5i0.jpg

I love how when this question gets asked men post a picture of chicks who weigh 115lbs, when in reality alot of the women are referring to much less graceful curves that associate themselves with people weighing 200+ pounds. I could work out 3 hours a day 7 days a week and still not look like this chick without a boob job because genetics failed me :/

and you just completely missed the part where I said I preferred this body type and these kind of curves...and other people have different preferences...and that real women come in all shapes and sizes.

and I seriously doubt Michelle Jenneke weighs 115 Lbs...she is athletic and muscular...she weighs quite a bit more than that I'd guess. My wife has a similar body style though she is not a professional athlete so not quite as much muscle...she's about 5'2" and 135....

Wow, you really took offense to that didn't you. That's amusing considering I was referring to men as a whole that answer these types of posts with images of chicks whom are extremely athletic but have large and curvy T&A. I also find Michelle Jenneke to be extremely sexy and I would **** her in a second however, when this question is asked its because bigger women who weigh upwards of 200+ pounds want to know their still date-able and attractive too. When a guy refers to a 150lbs women as big and curvy this is not helpful seeing as that is relatively thin still and many women would love to achieve that weight goal

ohhh and I appreciate you knocking my reading and comprehension skills, that must be your attempt at showing me what a much bigger person you are than me :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

xL1S5i0.jpg

Wow, you really took offense to that didn't you. That's amusing considering I was referring to men as a whole that answer these types of posts with images of chicks whom are extremely athletic but have large and curvy T&A. I also find Michelle Jenneke to be extremely sexy and I would **** her in a second however, when this question is asked its because bigger women who weigh upwards of 200+ pounds want to know their still date-able and attractive too. When a guy refers to a 150lbs women as big and curvy this is not helpful seeing as that is relatively thin still and many women would love to achieve that weight goal

ummm...yeah...i was offended...i guess....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKj3sVRVoyLH_xBGWSZ4QYiKgCkghKT3DhjpjCCj0sTAAN9Fg7

I tend to see this kind of stuff as a "joke"...as in not really a serious topic or anything...
  • CJisinShape
    Options

I must have missed where she said that she didn't allow other people to have an opinion....in fact, I think she even stated that she expected to receive differing opinions.

Where is your anger coming from? Posting about being "too grown for this conversation" seems a bit immature to me, but that is just MY opinion. I have seen some of your other posts and seem to recall you rejecting differing opinions, but perhaps I am wrong. I can't specifically think of which topic it was being discussed so can't offer anything to back that up.

Too...grown. Meaning, I've lived long enough to see this stuff people get so upset over doesn't really matter.

Remember back when women were making fun of other women because their butts weren't flat enough?

Or when whole grain was a thing before gluten tap danced on the stage?

You just get tired of the noise already, and realize, I'm too grown for this.

• sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options

I like you.
  • CJisinShape
    Options

I like you.

I like you back!
  • JSurita3
    JSurita3 Posts: 10,188 Member
    Options
    ThomasW13 wrote: »
    Char231023 wrote: »
    I was curious on what everybody's thoughts on this were.

I personal can't stand this reference. To me it just screams FA which I don't agree with at all. Most overweight women want to lose weight. Why not just because society says you should be a certain size but also because they are uncomfortable being the weight that they are.

This whole FA thing seems to me to be a cop out. Well I can't lose weight or exercise so I am going to be fat and have health problems, but that's ok because I love my curves and you have to accept me. NO! I say get off your *kitten* and do something that will improve your health and well being. Weather it be walking a little bit more or eating less. People need to start taking responsibility for their weight. You let your self get into an unhealthy state.

I am sure I am going to get some differing opinions here, but I wanted to share my reasons for rejecting FA and the whole "real women have curves" thing.

I might even get flagged, but i had to get this off my chest.

I also understand there are medical reasons for weight gain. This is not what I am addressing.

as a former big fat person, i agree totally. too many people wanna blame their "condishuns" for being fat instead of taking the blame and putting in the work and changing themselves. Plus I hate how they take up so much space on their beetus-wagons at WalMart.

I hate most of them. I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell, if there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste their stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it.

LMAO!!! ...I just cant...
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I've seen a few hostile posts on this forum (not just this thread) referencing the FA movement as if there's this huge contingent of people out there refusing to lose weight and actively promoting obesity. I mean honestly, how many of these people are you possibly interacting with that you are this incensed about it? Even if an overweight person really is like, "eff it, I'm just gonna stay this way", why does that bother someone else? Because of the nanofraction of a penny that it could make your insurance go up?

I would imagine most people are promoting self-love which is not mutually exclusive to wanting to get healthier and lose weight. I don't think that finding ways to not hate yourself, at whatever size, is a cop-out. Weight loss isn't the solution to a lifetime of happiness.