5'6 - 5'7 before and after pics please!

Replies

• kristinels
    kristinels Posts: 315 Member
    ajocec wrote: »
    Stuck at 152 after staring at 220. Goal weight 140. Help!

Wow - congratulations on your awesome success so far! I don't know specifically what you've been doing to get this far or how long you'v been 'stuck', so you might be doing some/all of this already, but a few basic suggestions...

The closer you get to goal, the harder it is to lose those last few pounds. You may go for a few weeks with no or little loss and that is not necessarily 'stuck'. At this point, from everything I've read, a .5 lb or less loss per/week (as opposed to more) is reasonable. You may need to play around a bit with your calories - try going 100 lower for a couple weeks - or perhaps kick up your exercise a bit, or begin exercise if you hadn't been.

Another thing (if you aren't already) is to make sure that you are using a scale to weigh all your solid food, measuring all your liquids with cups/spoons and choosing accurate log entries for it all to reflect the weights and measures. It's possible if you're not weighing your food that you may be underestimating your calorie intake. When you've got a bunch to lose, that doesn't really have as big an impact - you can kind of 'eyeball'/estimate and get away with it. But the closer you get to goal, the less you have to lose, the more important it is to be as accurate as possible with your logging. I was actually stuck at the exact same weight as you are now and those are the things that I did to get past it. :) Now I'm 'stuck' between 142-143 for the last three weeks, but this week is that lovely TOM, so I'm going to wait one more week and see how it goes. If there's still no change, I'll be reducing my calories or trying to change up my exercise routine to see if it can get me over that hurdle to shed my last 7-8 lbs. Good luck!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    i was pretty sure based on the topic header i was going to see height b/a's
  • WicklowWanderer
    WicklowWanderer Posts: 247 Member
    @KrisiAnnH Fab Well done!
  • lorna2011
    lorna2011 Posts: 2 Member

• lorna2011
    lorna2011 Posts: 2 Member
    lorna2011 wrote: »

You look amazing! What's been working for you?
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,080 Member
    lizzocat wrote: »
    I literally cannot find full body before pictures, I'm going to have to search! This is my 2/3 of the way progress, 5'6, sw 265, cw 180, goal is another 35-45 pounds depending on how I feel as I get closer

You look fantastic!
  • moonpie83
    moonpie83 Posts: 24 Member
    5'7" here!
    SW: 284
    CW: 220
    GW: 140-150
    Sorry the before pics are so blurry! Tbh it was hard to find any pics from that time because I was too embarrassed to have my picture taken.

3yejuxy6y6ig.jpg
    n6h0375somjw.jpg
    rubut6cdl8ru.jpg
    kkp0i502k11c.jpg

You look GREAT!!! I'm close to your current weight, with a LOT more to lose; you're such an inspiration! Keep it up! :smiley:
  • brialex41
    brialex41 Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2015
    This thread is so inspiring. I just started my weight loss journey again. I lost it all before and gained it back. Looking to make a permanent change and being healthier! Add me so we can motivate each other!
  • BabyPhat90713
    BabyPhat90713 Posts: 120 Member
    mearsy88 wrote: »
    I'm 5ft 8.

lvoa2upjdcnc.jpg

Awesome job. You look great
  • livluvlift
    livluvlift Posts: 19 Member
    Bumping! Love Love Love! Congrats everyone on all your hard work!
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member

You look amazing! What's been working for you?

Thank you! Currently just eating at a deficit. When I first started I was working out 5x a week, but since starting a new job things have been a lot more hectic so I've been slacking off with exercise (job is pretty active so I'm not totally sedentary).
    I'm eating 1210 cals for a 1.5lb loss a week, I haven't cut anything out and don't worry about anything like low carb etc I just stick to my calorie goal. I do go over once a week and eat to maintenance for a treat day, so I can have things like takeaways, and if I want other treats during the week I'll eat less other days to bank some calories :) hope that's helpful? Haha
  • fabulousmomma
    fabulousmomma Posts: 172 Member
    Amazing thread isn't it?!?! So inspiring!
  • kindra2011
    kindra2011 Posts: 24 Member
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    So many amazing losses! I remember scrolling through this board (or similar ones) when I started for inspiration, so felt like maybe I should contribute towards it now I've lost some :)
    Still a work in progress, so not quite a 'before and after' just yet, more of a 'before and during' :)
    Started at 205lbs. CW 171. GW 160 (will reevaluate once I hit that and see how I feel, but will probably try and get down to 145 or something) Please excuse the messy bathroom in the background haha yiak6boco2te.jpg
    how did you accomplish this? I'm at your SW and looking to get to around your same GW
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!