• lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Whoops! Double post.
  • gemwho2
    gemwho2 Posts: 82
    Options
    Level 1 Day 5 complete yey!!!
    I HATE the punches most of all, my legs burn sooo much!
    Also not sure I am doing the crunches right, I haven't hurt my neck or anything it's just that I don't feel anything in my tummy..??!!
    Oh and the thing I cannot do at all is the cool down splits!
  • Scentlessapprentice
    Scentlessapprentice Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    day 5 done although with many interuptions as my 4 year old wouldnt give me 20 mins of peace today lol

is anyone else weighing heavier when they do this dvd? This is my third attempt at it and the third time my scale goes in the wrong direction, I was certainly losing more weight without it. not sure i want to continue it really
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    day 5 done although with many interuptions as my 4 year old wouldnt give me 20 mins of peace today lol

is anyone else weighing heavier when they do this dvd? This is my third attempt at it and the third time my scale goes in the wrong direction, I was certainly losing more weight without it. not sure i want to continue it really
    Yes, i have gain 4 lbs since starting this! i am sticking to it still :S but i am going back on my weights and i am starting couch 2 to 5k tonight. i am also bored of the workout so i do a bit of zumba right after to keep it fun.
  • ileana84
    ileana84 Posts: 163
    Options

I wouldnt quit. I lost a lot of weight doing JM but at first I was building muscles so the scale did say that I was going up for some time but you gotta continue and then BAM you'll see it go down. Pay no mind to that sucka named scale.
  • lucielu2
    lucielu2 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    day 5 finished

I agree with ileana84 dont give up , your body is just confused , next thing you know weight will drop off
  • mbvenske
    mbvenske Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my rest day, so today was my Day 3. seemed a little easier after a rest day, but I agree with whoever said they hate the jumpiing jacks, You are completely right, They suck. today when I was on the floor doing my crunches I had my 7 yr old sitting on my knees. They just love to help don't they!!

Onward and upword to day 4 tomorrow! :drinker:
  • soshotout
    soshotout Posts: 115
    Options

My scale is moving in the wrong direction as well, however, I saw a post today on the boards that may explain it:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/255052-no-you-probably-didn-t-gain-weight

The way I'm seeing it is that our bodies are building muscle, and though the weight gain isn't muscle gain per say, it is that they are needing more water to heal themselves, therefore, they are retaining the water we drink.. thus water weight gain. I have noticed that even though I drink my usual 12 plus glasses of water per day, I am not peeing as much as I normally do. BUT, I'm not really seeing any swelling either from the extra water. Must mean my muscles are using it?

At least that's what I got from the post.

I added Just Dance 2 to my daily workout today in addition to the Shred. I still have to complete Day 5 tonight once Dual Survivor is over, lol!
  • mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options

My scale is moving in the wrong direction as well, however, I saw a post today on the boards that may explain it:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/255052-no-you-probably-didn-t-gain-weight

The way I'm seeing it is that our bodies are building muscle, and though the weight gain isn't muscle gain per say, it is that they are needing more water to heal themselves, therefore, they are retaining the water we drink.. thus water weight gain. I have noticed that even though I drink my usual 12 plus glasses of water per day, I am not peeing as much as I normally do. BUT, I'm not really seeing any swelling either from the extra water. Must mean my muscles are using it?

At least that's what I got from the post.

I added Just Dance 2 to my daily workout today in addition to the Shred. I still have to complete Day 5 tonight once Dual Survivor is over, lol!

I totally agree about it being water weight due to muscle repair. If our muscles are sore and needing repair then we are going to be retaining more water than usual :) It happened to a lot of us when we did this challenge the last time too and then we all dropped! :D Don't be discouraged ladies :happy:
  • campb2ti
    campb2ti Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Whoooo! Day 5 down!
  • angie_04
    angie_04 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Day 5..

Got it done......YAY!!!
    I'm proud of myself nd everyone on here!!!
    :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • soshotout
    Options
    Just checking in to say that I completed D5L1 . I really wish I could find a way to do this in the AM instead of the PM! I just have so much more energy in the PM. :P

I made it through the jumping jacks this time, however the second round of pushups about killed me. I think it was because of the Just Dance 2 routines I was doing earlier. Lots of arm raises.

Keep up the good work, Ladies! It seems like there are not as many people posting their daily progress anymore!
  • Scentlessapprentice
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement ladies it has made me carry on with it. Level 1 Day 6 is done. I'm not giving up but I will be glad to see the end of jumping jacks. I really need to get a better sportd bra though, I nearly gave myself a black eye this morning :)
  • kdpamd
    kdpamd Posts: 38
    Options
    LOL. I hear you on the jumping jacks. I can't watch myself in a mirror. Those things just fly all over the place. D5 for me and I am loving the Shred and my endurance is definately up.
  • lucielu2
    lucielu2 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Day 6 -done

REMMEMBER TOMMOROW SUNDAY IS REST DAY- BODY NEEDS A ONE DAY A WEEK REST. SO NO SHREDDING TOMMOROW LOL
  • soshotout
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement ladies it has made me carry on with it. Level 1 Day 6 is done. I'm not giving up but I will be glad to see the end of jumping jacks. I really need to get a better sportd bra though, I nearly gave myself a black eye this morning :)

Unfortunately, I have peeked at levels 2 & 3 and the jumping jacks never end! O_O
  • mbvenske
    Options
    Day 4 done! Little bit easier!, still hate jumping jacks!
  • Scentlessapprentice
    Options

Unfortunately, I have peeked at levels 2 & 3 and the jumping jacks never end! O_O

:sad: :sad: :sad:
  • Scentlessapprentice
    Options
    Day 6 -done

REMMEMBER TOMMOROW SUNDAY IS REST DAY- BODY NEEDS A ONE DAY A WEEK REST. SO NO SHREDDING TOMMOROW LOL

Phew! I'm looking forward to it, although my exercise rest day coincides with the one day a week I work. 7 hour shift in a beachfront cafe is more than enough exercise for one day though :)
  • mbvenske
    Options
    [/quote]

Phew! I'm looking forward to it, although my exercise rest day coincides with the one day a week I work. 7 hour shift in a beachfront cafe is more than enough exercise for one day though :)
    [/quote]

Yea, but you don't have to do JUMPING JACKS!! :tongue: