Stay-At-Home Moms 1/5-1/11

Options

Replies

• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Newbie here :) Who is a SAHM to her 6 children (well technically only 2 are home during the week) but I am looking for motivation and support while on the tedious journey of finding myself under all the layers. Christmas was great in many ways....lol but its time for a butt kicking!!!! The problem is when your butt sits so low you don't have to lift very high to kick it .....:ohwell:

Woo! Another mommy with LOTS of kids! Welcome to the group & good luck on your journey!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Ok guys... may sound like a dork here.... but kinda new to all of the abv - like BB DS DH things like that. Is there a guide LOL or message board dictionary??? :-)

DH - dear/darling/dang/dumb husband. (LOL)
    DS - dear son
    DD - dear daughter
    IL - In-laws
    MIL - mother in law
    FIL - father in law
    WTH - what the heck
    HTH - hope that helps
    IMO - in my opinion
    IMHO - in my honest opinion
    WW - weight watchers
    TJ - Turbo Jam
    TM - Treadmill
    TMI - too much information
    TOM - Time of Month
    AF - Aunt Flo (i.e. TOM)

When in doubt, just ask!
  • supermom1114
    Options
    Newbie here :) Who is a SAHM to her 6 children (well technically only 2 are home during the week) but I am looking for motivation and support while on the tedious journey of finding myself under all the layers. Christmas was great in many ways....lol but its time for a butt kicking!!!! The problem is when your butt sits so low you don't have to lift very high to kick it .....:ohwell:

Welcome! Hope we can get you motivated!!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Ok guys... may sound like a dork here.... but kinda new to all of the abv - like BB DS DH things like that. Is there a guide LOL or message board dictionary??? :-)

OMGoodness! I just looked at your pics. I LOVE that your prom pic is in there. LOL My husband & I are high school sweethearts & I was just looking at our prom pic the other day. hehe So fun.
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options

DH - dear/darling/dang/dumb husband. (LOL)
    DS - dear son
    DD - dear daughter
    IL - In-laws
    MIL - mother in law
    FIL - father in law
    WTH - what the heck
    HTH - hope that helps
    IMO - in my opinion
    IMHO - in my honest opinion
    WW - weight watchers
    TJ - Turbo Jam
    TM - Treadmill
    TMI - too much information
    TOM - Time of Month
    AF - Aunt Flo (i.e. TOM)

When in doubt, just ask!

Wow, so many I might have to copy and paste in word so I can refer back to it. I am good with the dd, ds, dh but gees!! lol
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Most of them, you can understand in context, but some of them seem to come out of nowhere. You all will get it.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    3BB, you forgot one!
    KWIM-Know What I Mean
    :wink:
    MM
  • supermom1114
    Options
    Wow ya'll are posting so fast today!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    3BB, you forgot one!
    KWIM-Know What I Mean
    :wink:
    MM

Oooohhh... I use that one a LOT, too! Thanks, M!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Wow ya'll are posting so fast today!

I'm avoiding reality! LOL
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    3babybeans, my sister just had a baby boy in September and I too think about another baby. I sometimes get the baby blues and wonder why we stopped at three. My youngest disability is not heredity, just random, but I don't think I could do it again. Babies are the greatest though aren't they?
    Unfortunately they grow up to be bickering children, at least in my house right now. :ohwell:
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Hey, Supermom! Give that baby some kisses from me! I'm having the "why did we stop at 3" blues at the moment. LOL I'll get over it, though, I'm sure!

What?! Here you were shocked when I said we wanted a 4th:laugh:
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    3babybeans, my sister just had a baby boy in September and I too think about another baby. I sometimes get the baby blues and wonder why we stopped at three. My youngest disability is not heredity, just random, but I don't think I could do it again. Babies are the greatest though aren't they?
    Unfortunately they grow up to be bickering children, at least in my house right now. :ohwell:

Bickering here too! It's crazy:grumble:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Hey, Supermom! Give that baby some kisses from me! I'm having the "why did we stop at 3" blues at the moment. LOL I'll get over it, though, I'm sure!

What?! Here you were shocked when I said we wanted a 4th:laugh:

LOL Oh, I'd want more babies if they stayed babies, but I know they all turn 3 at some point. :grumble: Tabitha's trying like heck to pull herself up today & it's taking all I have to NOT sit her down every time. :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    Options

Bickering here too! It's crazy:grumble:

My boys just had a washcloth fight in the shower. I actually had to use the line, "it's all fun until someone looses an eye!" :noway:
  • lenece
    lenece Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Well I'm up and cleanin...Even though I dont feel to hot..I have a weird smell in my house that is driving me nutts but no one else seems to be smelling it,,My bf thinks I'm losing it cuz I slacked off on the house cleanin this weekend and now I'm finding something wrong with the house..But in IMO my house is a wreck..Although I have a massive headache and not much energy I'm cleaning this nasty house...He says its fine...Its not like I have trash or drity clothes n dishes every where to make it nasty its just nasty to me cuz things are out of order and I need to dust, vaccum, half sink of dishes, and 2 loads of laundry..I'm so nutts..I wish friday would hurry up and get here so I can get my blood work done for my thyroid I think my levels are off again..
    Ohhh anyone know of any websites that I can print off excersies of that shows how to do them..My friend who is an older lady needs some and she has no access to the net..So I'm trying to help her cuz she needs to lose weight like all of us..If anyone knows of any please let me know..
    Well time to get off my butt and get this house cleaned up before I lose it lol:laugh:
  • DaniellaAnn
    Options
    I am fairly new to this site. I am a stay at home mom, and I also babysit two little boys. I don't use any workout videos as of right now but I do want to get one. I have the wii fit, which I would like to start doing more, but lately I have felt so blah that I just don't have the energy to do it. Today I did the wii fit, but only for 19 minutes. I tend to get this way every month at this time only because AF is due to arrive. Im trying to find healthy dinners to make that not only I will like, but my kids also. I drink alot of water throughout the day, anywhere from 3-5 litres. I use a pedometer everyday because my goal is to do atleast 10,000 steps a day. I wish I was able to get to the gym, but I don't have time (I babysit usually from 9am-930pm) and right now we only have one vehicle cause my battery for the car is dead from the cold.
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Hello Mommies :flowerforyou:

I have been MIA for the holidays but I'm back now. :bigsmile: I weighed in yesterday and I gained .4 pounds over the holidays but eh, not a big deal.

Quick life update: DH was laid off mid Dec so he's home all the time and its driving me nuts. I am now a WAHM {work at home mommy} but we aren't bringing in enough to make bills. Yay savings!! My little man refuses to walk. He CAN, he simply won't. If its a span of more than 2 feet he will drop and crawl. I don't get it. He does the same thing with talking, he CAN say the word he is just so obstinate when we try to make him say it. :laugh: I wasn't sure what to tell the doctor when we went in for his checkup and he quizzed me about Wesley's milestones. He CAN do a lot of things, he just chooses not to. Little bugger, DH says he gets it from me. :tongue:

I have a bag of baked cheetos in front of me from last night and I'm pretty sure I just ate a whole serving BEFORE breakfast. :explode: Just pushed the bag away, NO MORE.

Lenece and Daniella I hope you both find your energy today. :flowerforyou:

Which reminds me! I got my orthotics finally and I ran like a madman on the treadmill yesterday. I was really depressed trying to do the C25K because I could never complete Week 1 {or even walk fast for more than 15 minutes}. But yesterday I did it! And the doctor said this was probably a lifelong problem due to my insanely high arches. That means I've always been able to do more. I just thought I was out of shape. Dumb feet. :angry:
  • jackobean29
    jackobean29 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    New to the site, I have a 3 year old boy and an 11 month old who get's up every 1-2 hours at night still. She is not feeling good right now so I am completely sleep deprived and exhausted. HOwever, had a bad day yesterday and I did eat too many calories but I ate healthy calories like an orange and such instead of bingeing on sugar, which would have been the norm for me. I'm giving myself a few weeks to get used to the new eating habits before I dive into the excersize, but I look forward to push-up challenges and sit-up challenges in the future.
  • jackobean29
    jackobean29 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    DaniellaAnn, you are doing pretty good if you babysit all day and manage to get our steps in and a little excersize, plus drink that much water. I always have trouble drinking lots of water in the winter, inthe summer I can drink litres or gallons. We have a wii fit which my husband purchased but I have yet to try it out.