40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I'm considering signing up for our half marathon in April. But I'm starting from scratch and would really struggle to prepare. I am afraid it would be more than I can handle now.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    I'm considering signing up for our half marathon in April. But I'm starting from scratch and would really struggle to prepare. I am afraid it would be more than I can handle now.
    sounds like the perfect reason to do it. o:)

• gam3rguy
    Options
    LEGS! DONE! WHERE'S MY BUCKET?
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Strength training done yesterday! Another great workout.

@allenpriest- try the C210k program as a way to get yourself started, then just increase your mileage. It works. :)
    @Banksy - good luck with your run!

Had a crazy busy weekend with guests and also had a yard sale with my sister-in-law, so there was a lot of back and forth. I was really hoping to get out berry picking, but that didn't happen. Better get out soon, otherwise they will be over with and I wouldn't have gotten any!

Own your day folks - it's supposed to be a beauty of one out there today for us.
  • allenpriest
    Options
    I'm walking quite a bit but I've never liked to run. Plus the event is shortly after my busy season. I've had really steady success for 20 months. I hate to take on something that gets me down.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Still over 40.
    Still working it.
    Still have room to improve.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,953 Member
    Options
    Went for a long walk with a gf tonight....so, that is 14 days, in a row, of exercise.

ZOOM!

:)
  • BanksySJ11
    BanksySJ11 Posts: 96 Member
    Options

I can share my training plan that has got me from 0 to 1/2 marathon, in 6 months, if that would help you?
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    BACK. DONE!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    Still over 40.
    Still working it.
    Still have room to improve.

Ditto.

• sdereski
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    Went for a long walk with a gf tonight....so, that is 14 days, in a row, of exercise.

ZOOM!

:)

Great job Beeps!

• sdereski
    Options
    Ran yesterday. My running partner was not able to make it at the last minute, and a part of me really wanted to just go home. But, I ran anyway and had one of the best runs I have had in a while. I only did 3 miles, but it was the fastest 3 miles I have run in almost 2 years. So a big NSV! :)

We have heat advisory warnings here, but we have been socked in fog for the past 3 days. Geesh, would hate to think what temps we would have if we weren't in a heat advisory. :p
  • allenpriest
    Options
    BanksySJ11 wrote: »

I can share my training plan that has got me from 0 to 1/2 marathon, in 6 months, if that would help you?

Yes that would help - sent you a MFP message
  • allenpriest
    Options
    Took the dog for a walk last night. I've been stretching out the distance from what had become our usual routine. We were about at the turn around point as far as we can get when it started to rain a bit. Within 4 blocks on the way back it was raining really hard. Both of us were soaked when we got home. At least it was not a cold day/cold rain. And our speed was good - same time and more distance. We were both hurrying a bit! :smile:
  • Beeps2011
    edited September 2015
    Options
    My eye surgery has been postponed (from this friday....two days from now) to Oct 8.

:(

I am so, so bummed. So bummed. I have been mentally preparing for this all summer! I want to see! To read!

Darn it!

Anyway, beyond my control. I lifted today.....that is within my control. As is what I put in my mouth.

BOOM!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Bis, Tris & Abs. DONE!
  • cathliz71
    cathliz71 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ugh...I am struggling with consistency. I am good about tracking during the week, but tend to stop tracking on the weekend which turns into a week....I am losing and gaining the same 5lbs! It is time to get serious, peeps! I am getting married in May. I have a 15lb weight loss goal (doesn't sound like much, but it has been very difficult for me). I also want to continue to tone up. I am promising to track right through this weekend.
  • sdereski
    Options
    Hi all,

Beeps, sorry to hear about your surgery's postponement. That happens so often.
    Good job lifting!

Ran again yesterday. It was warmer than the day before, and boy could I feel it. My pace was a little slower. But, I got it done, and that's what counts.

gam - way to keep knocking it out!

cathliz - I think we have all been there gaining and losing those same 5 lbs. Congrats on your upcoming wedding! How exciting. :)

allen - great job on the walk! Sometime, getting caught in the rain is nice.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Good luck cathliz!

Good job, sdereski.

Rest day for me, today.....diner en blanc tonight! if I get some fabulous photos of the "white picnic", I will post them, here.

BOOM!
  • DeAnna4345
    DeAnna4345 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So happy to find this group! I just started a 60-day weight loss challenge/support group with five of my friends. Their ages range from 25-32 and I'm over here, at 43, working twice as hard to lose half the weight. They won't understand until they are 40+ Club. I'm wondering what I was thinking.

Eating Paleo (which is pretty standard for me with a grain allergy), Orangetheory Fitness session every other day and soon my Fall running group starts twice a week.

Not quitting!