mparker1216 Posts: 66 Member
    Options

Mia I am near Port Huron, Michigan
    Maryann
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    megblair1 wrote: »
    Greetings all. left work early with a migraine; slept for a while, now going to bed. Hope to see you tomorrow. Healing prayers for those who need them.

Meg, I hope you feel better. One thing that used to help me with migraines was to wear a really tight cap - like a swim cap. Don't know why but the pressure helped.

Sylvia

• mparker1216
    Options
    My husband got put on Invokana for diabetes and lost about 40 pounds
    Maryann
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! It's already after 11 and I just got to work. Good thing I don't have to punch a clock. The boss would fire me.

Walking this morning was wonderful, but it's going to be warm again today. I can't wait for the cooler temps to come and stay. The plants around here are so confused, people have lilacs blooming! And some of the wildflowers are making a second showing. Everything thinks it's spring again.

The kids were in good moods this morning. That always starts the day off right for me.

Not much to report, so I'm going to try to get some work done. Have a great day!

Sylvia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,726 Member
    Options
    Pip[/b. I've missed everything about your bike ride. Where are you riding? How long, etc?
    Maryann/Michigan

I do a bike ride for MS every year. i'm in Washington. it's a 2 day ride. starts at the Skagit valley fairgrounds, go thru Mt Vernon, over to Fidalgo Island, to Whidbey Island and back. we will be having lunch at deception pass. we usually do the 80 mi on day one but decided to do the 60 instead. (very hilly). on day two,, doing 72mi ride over chuckanut mountain, hits close to Bellingham and back.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Good Thursday dear friends. It is going to be another HOT one. I am working my short shift 7-3 and then DH and I are going to the State Fair. Going to meet my cousin and his family and also friends from our CMA group. Looking forward to the concert and a good time. Didn't go for a walk last evening as way to hot. Planning on a lot of walking this evening at the fair.

Becca--Great NSV with the swimsuit.
    Barbie--So proud of you for doing what you need to do to take care of your hip, even when it is so hard for you to slow down.

pip--Proud of you also for doing what the doctor tells you. Remember in the end it will be ok.

Meg--Sorry to hear you went home ill. Hope you are doing better today.

Carol--So happy to hear you are turning the corner on your depression. Both the bike rides sound interesting.
    I am also one that doesn't have time to look at my home page. This group is what I consider the important part of what keeps me going. Each person here is very important to me.

DJ--Sending prayers for your friend, 31 days and counting to find out what is going on and starting treament is so stressful. I know I have a lot of trouble more often then not sleeping at night. Either my mind runs and I can not get to sleep or I keep waking up.

Maryann--Congrates on your NSV of the pants now fitting.

Been a busy day so far and I am so looking forward to getting off at 3. Ladies hope you all have NSV's today and know that we are in this together.
    Blessings, Vicki GRANDISLAND--NE
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,815 Member
    Options
    afternoon ladies~
    well went and fed DFIL he has been roaming the halls until all hours of the morning, and he slept until 2 pm yesterday..
    but still eating like a horse :)
    from there went and talked to my SIL she took dad and her mom up to the cottage and I will go saterday...
    then went grocery shopping, was going to go also to Sam's but decided to just get what I needed at one store..
    just sat down a few minutes ago, put stuff away, and put a roast in the crock pot. and put stuff together for lunches.. everytime I shop I always make individual servings..
    did a load of laundry and now have 2 dogs on my lap. but will have to move them in a few minutes
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    Options
    smiley-computer004.gifKatla, Our first attorney was a friend who did estate planning when he graduated from law school so it was easy to choose. When we moved to Washington we had to do new wills because of being in a new state, so we asked friends to tell us who had drawn up their estate planning documents. We have had two other attorneys since then (one retired) and they were recommended by friends.....I think my goal of being agreeable is related to my happiness commandment "Act the way I want to feel"...I want to avoid fighting so many things that are suggested to me.

:):'(Vicki, it has been very difficult for me to slow down. I have gone back to my favorite quote The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.....I don't want to trade a great step count today for weeks of pain and treatment.

<3 Barbie
  • mtowne002
    mtowne002 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hello Friends,
    My thoughts are so scattered I haven't posted BC of it. Finally a day at home w no one else here to collect myself! Well, my girls are here. Big big LOL about the Winny the pooh explosion! (Btw my dogs name is Whinny). Had my first day at work Monday. It went really well, love all the people. We sat about half the day and stood at the register or walked around the store the other half. Saying that, when I got home I barely made it to the fridge for a water and a couple of baby bells before laying on the floor in exhaustion. I REALLY REALLY want this to work but not sure how my back is gonna make it through an eight hour shift three days in a row standing the whole time. Planning today for the best outcome I can by having the house in order and groceries stocked, meals prepared ahead of time so I don't have to do anything except get to work and recover from work. Advil is my friend. Towanda
    All of you gals amaze me with your get up and go and the grace with which you handle situations. I look forward to reading your posts and wish everyone here a healthy, safe and enjoyable September.
    Mindy from Boston
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Thank you Mary and Barbie! Uhh Mary, we are neighbors !!! Lol. Well if you consider Bemidji close enough ! Small world eh?
  • as5811
    as5811 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi Gayle,
    She's 2 years out of college & this is her first full time teaching position. It's too bad she had to move so far to get a position, but you do what you need to do. She's close enough we can visit for a weekend.

Annie/Pa
  • mparker1216
    Options
    Call me dumb, but what does NSV mean?
  • as5811
    Options
    Thanks, Barbie! That would be good.
  • mparker1216
    Options
    Pip. Sounds like an awesome bike ride! My sister passed away from complications of MS 4 years ago. She was 53.
    Maryann in Michigan
  • as5811
    Options
    NSV - non scale victory....like your clothes are looser, someone complimented you've lost weight, etc. I had one - I could cross my legs again!
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    NSV= Non Scale Victory
  • walker54
    walker54 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Barbie I'm thrilled to find you still keeping this thread going!!! I've been away for a few years, but have often missed the support and encouragement of so many of you. I had a few surgeries and just never got back in the groove until now.

I'm on a leave of absence from teaching this year to focus on my son's health. He is 19 and was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago. After a few months of caregiving an understandably angry young man, and an otherwise blank year stretching out ahead of me, I'm ready to carve out time again for my own health and fitness. This morning I set out a new weekly schedule for myself.

Goals for September:
    1. Log everything I eat.
    2. Walk 5 times a week for at least 30 min.
    3. Stick to my daily calorie goals.
    4. Drink at least 4 glasses of water/day.
    5. Create something every day.
    6. Play!

Polly
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Call me dumb, but what does NSV mean?

i'm dumb too. I keep forgetting what all these abbreviations mean
  • pipcd34
    Options
    news peeps - I scheduled a tentative app. for surgery on the 24th. she will call back 2c if it's confirmed.!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,815 Member
    Options
    im back, everything put away... dogs food is out,and I am pooped, only have 5,000 steps so far today.. but havent eaten alot either..
    Hot outside today, didnt take the boys for a walk as the asphault is to hot for there paws...