Let's have an actual chat - no "would you date/*kitten*/marry/add the person below you" games

Options

Replies

• CherylNTexas
    CherylNTexas Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Basically, here's how I manage my budget. It's really simple:

-Bills and expenses are obligations
    -Obligations come out of my check first
    -Next, 10% of what I have remaining comes out and goes into savings
    -The rest is spendable

The discipline is important. I was great at saving until I had kids. Now I'm doing good if I have ANYTHING in savings.

• runrogerrun
    runrogerrun Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi ya all- I am a true Michigander all of my life. Born and raised in the pinky of Michigan. My profile says a lot about me, but I love to run. My next big run is the Grand Rapids Marathon on October 18. Really looking forward to it. Just finished a 25 K on August 23
  • Lindsayannb
    Lindsayannb Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    @runrogerrun Have you always loved to run or did you have to train yourself to like it? I absolutely loathe running. I just recently downloaded the C25k app to see if I could learn to like running.
  • Gretchen_To_Be
    Gretchen_To_Be Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Ajirvin wrote: »
    So nice to see actual conversation on here that doesn't involve the usual crap. I'm Ashley, had a baby 6 months ago- this is the heaviest I've been and it sucks. I don't want to be one of those wives who gets stuck in a routine and let's herself go. I went to the doc and he said my Cholesterol is a little high, so I really am working on doing something. My short term goal is to lose 20 pounds. I eventually want to lose 45. I weighed 158 before I got pregnant and weigh 174 now. I haven't been very active for years, so I've started slow. I have trouble staying motivated, that's why I'm on MFP. When you communicate with others that want to live a healthy lifestyle, it makes it easier to do it yourself.

Hi Ashley. As I am far removed from the "usual crap" I thought I would just say hello, seeing as how nobody else has, and wish you well on your quest to get back to your normal weight!
  • Gretchen_To_Be
    Gretchen_To_Be Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    shanyna01 wrote: »
    My name is Shanyna and I have been a member of MFP for about 3 years maybe. I am not sure as its been on and off. I am in the military, married to another military member. I have two kids, one who is mine and one who is both of ours. 12 and 3 so I have my hands full. I like that this is a thing because some other posts can be boring. The military has taken a toll on me physically so I am trying to get back in shape before I get too old. lol, but my love of food and being injured is making it hard. It's nice to meet you all.

Hi Shayna, and thanks for your service. I was in the military for 25 years. I wish you the best on attaining your goals and overcoming your injury.
  • runrogerrun
    runrogerrun Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    @runrogerrun Have you always loved to run or did you have to train yourself to like it? I absolutely loathe running. I just recently downloaded the C25k app to see if I could learn to like running.
    I have been running now for 9 years (since I was 49) yes it was tough starting out but I did the walk run training. And after a couple of 5 k's I was loving it. Now I can run 5-6 miles with no problem
    You just have to get a good pair of running shoes and start out slow. It's a good feeling to finish a run and say I did it. Don't worry how fast you run, just run and improve a little each time you do.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    Yeah, don't wanna know how far I ran this morning
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,526 Member
    Options
    I am not making the healthiest of choices today. I have eaten cheese fries and consumed a pretty good amount of whiskey. But I'm still well within my calorie limit so far :smile:
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    So there you go! But put away those cheese fries and send them to me!
  • OneHundredToLose
    Options
    Heh, I think the problem was that I put away the cheese fries a little too quickly :tongue:
  • PandaBWA
    PandaBWA Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have been eating pizza all day. Hah.
  • OneHundredToLose
    Options
    I'm making slow cooked buffalo chicken right now, might have to make a homemade pizza and put it on there
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    How many did you buy?
  • OneHundredToLose
    Options
    Anyone watch any interesting movies lately?
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    I only ever see kids movies nowadays which is OK cause most movies either scare me or make me fall asleep
  • OneHundredToLose
    Options
    I'm watching a pretty gruesome movie right now. I like horror / gore movies best
  • synchkat
    Options
    Clearly we have opposite tastes. This make me cry and have nightmares. I'll take romcoms, chick flicks and will Ferrell movies please...oh and kids ones
  • OneHundredToLose
    Options
    I like all kinds of movies, but the particularly gruesome ones seem to illicit the most response from me. I like movies that stick with me for days or make me feel something.
  • synchkat
    Options
    Like terrified to turn the lights out or go down the basement?
  • OneHundredToLose
    Options
    Yeah, or just unsettled in general. I like when a fictional story can get a real response out of me. Sometimes RomComs do it for me, sometimes dramas or thrillers, but usually it's the horror movies that get to me.