SAY "NO" TO LATE NIGHT SNACKING IN SEPTEMBER 2015

Options

Replies

• homerclan
    homerclan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    lamlam2013 wrote: »
    September is here!!

Tired of self-sabotaging by munching after dinner? Upset that you double your in-calories at night? Then it's not just me . To get some help (or inspire us by your good example), please join us in this challenge.

You set what you feel is late night snacking. For example, if you have extra calories left for the day, you can have a snack if it's small. Others decide not to eat at a past a certain time. It's up to you.

We go by the formula:
    Me: "number indicating how many evenings you stuck to it"
    LNS: "number of times late night snacks won"

Example: Me: 2 - LNS: 0 indicates I won the first two nights.

Some people also add a * to the latest number. In the example, that would be
    Me: 2 - LNS: 1*
    if LNS won the 3rd night.

It's as simple as that. Or as complicated, as you will discover. Nevertheless, the persistence and good results of some of our "old" members (and some people keep coming back) show that the battle is worthwhile .

Welcome!
    Me 1
    LNS 0

• homerclan
    homerclan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Starting tonight! Great idea!
  • esmesqualor
    esmesqualor Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Just saw this challenge. I am in!
    For me it is less an actual time to stop eating after and more about not eating after dinner (time can vary). I sometimes have some calories left and may choose to eat them. I am trying to avoid the mindless nibbling that sabotages my goals and frankly, my mood!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    I'm late to the party but I'm in!

It's my late night snacks that always halt my weight loss...and although currently maintaining I'm at the higher end of goal range and need to cut some unnecessary cals.

For this challenge I won't be eating after 7pm.

Ruth
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    me: 4*
    LNS: 2
    streak: 1
  • Kaylakady
    Kaylakady Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    New month! New start! In August I beat LNS 24:2 and had a streak of 19 days. Let's see if I can do better this month.

Goals for September /b]
    • I will not eat after 9 pm Monday to Friday
    • I will not eat after 10pm on Saturday/Sunday
    • I will drink a glass of water before i eat any scheduled treat

:sunglasses: Good luck to all our members! :sunglasses:
    Wow great idea!!
  • Kaylakady
    Kaylakady Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love that I've come across this group, late night munchies has been my downfall all my life and I want it to stop! I work well with having some kind of accountability.

Looking now for healthier earlier snacks ☺️
  • WalkerPop
    WalkerPop Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Me: 6* …
    LNS: 0 …
    Streak: 6 … (36 overall) …
  • weirdingwayward
    weirdingwayward Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Me: 4* - LNS: 3

It's a fairly even battle, but I've always got the upper hand. Even when that means my hand's up in the fridge reaching for the chocolate at 10pm. Oh well; keep calm and retain impulse control for the new day!
  • judithgreene2014
    judithgreene2014 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    GA Everyone and great to be back! Thanks for setting up the challenge :)
    My goals are to continue not eating after 8 pm and to continue the no yo/yo effect!

I held to my goals while on vacation in Israel and my final numbers for August were: ME: 31 LNS: 0 Streak: 43 AND I hit another goal and lost 5 lbs! Not hard in an environment where there is good fresh food and plenty of walking up and down hills, mountains and caves! So my goal is to continue being and doing fit stuff instead of eating empty calories!

September 1: ME: 1* LNS: 0 Streak: 44
    There is no place like home! Let's go and remember the goal is to be the best you can be! Good luck everyone! o:)

ME: 2* LNS: 0 Streak: 45 o:)

ME:4* LNS:0 Streak: 47 o:)
    Happy Labor Day!

ME 6 LNS 1* Streak:0
    o:)
  • Tljordan40
    Tljordan40 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Cool!!!
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Me: 4
    LNS: 1
    Streak: 1
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,898 Member
    Options
    Day 7

Me: 7*
    LNS: 0
    Steak: 7

Sept. goals
    1. Lose 10 pounds
    2. Make only eat fruit after 7:30.
    3. I will not eat after 7:30 at night.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,898 Member
    Options
    WalkerPop wrote: »
    Me: 6* …
    LNS: 0 …
    Streak: 6 … (36 overall) …

Wowwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!
  • noahlukiemama
    noahlukiemama Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Me: 2

Goal: no excessive after dinner snacking. Today was pita chips, roast beef, cheese and 5 m&m's. Not bad. :)
  • sufufitness
    sufufitness Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Me:7
    LNS:0
  • sarah180487
    sarah180487 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea! I'm down fall is the late night snack. I want to beat this and live to an old healthy age and loose a stone. No late night snacking chocolate. Only fruit!
  • faithan84
    faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Me: 6
    LNS: 1*
    Streak: 0

...sigh...

I went hiking out of town and planned all my food for the day, but didn't get in some snacks before dinner. So, on the way home around 10, I was hungry again because I'd only eaten around 1,100 calories for the day (aiming for 1,490). So, I ate those planned snacks, and then a few macadamia nuts when I reached home. I'm still pretty happy with last week's results. MUCH improved over the past couple of months. Here's to a new week long streak!
  • CarrieA180
    CarrieA180 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Me: 7*

:)
  • JustaCowgirl86
    JustaCowgirl86 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in for this! I find drinking a flavoured decaff coffee or tea helps with the craving!