Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    CosmoTI wrote: »

I just want to say that I completely admire you going on these dates. I've always been such a coward and would be living a lonely life if my boyfriend hadn't 'groomed' me (his creepy description not mine!) I have never had the nerve to put myself out there to go out dating, and I feel like I've probably missed out on something by being so afraid. You very much remind me of a friend of mine whose outlook on life I also much admire (and who may I add -after many forays into the dating world - is now happily married with 2 beautiful children.) And as I'm sure other people have mentioned, sometimes you have to kiss a few frogs to find the prince. And you may as well enjoy the experiences in the meantime - I know I enjoy your updates! Oh, and as for the younger men - always worth a trial I think....

So... the 'groomed' expression kinds of creeps me out too. What is meant by that? [/quote]

Thought I should probably respond to this so there aren't people out there thinking my boy is a complete psycho.
    He likes to use the word 'groomed' to freak me out. It isn't a sinister old man/teenage girl thing I promise - in fact quite the opposite as I'm 6 years older than him! Basically we worked in the same building and apparently he kept engineering ways to be around me and talking to me, even encouraging me to go to gym classes with him. Of course, me being dozy, I never actually realised that he liked me until one drunken night when he was a bit more obvious - and we've been together ever since. 5 years now so I'd like to think I'd have noticed by now if he were likely to be serial killer creepy:-)[/quote]

aww! that's so cute!!!
  • ejb060793
    ejb060793 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    *post date update*

first date #19

start the night off and everything was going really well! fun conversations, dude seemed cool, i was having a really good time. talked about stuff we like, which is where the walking dead comes up, and he's all, oh i quit like two episodes in! which of course, i'm like no way! you gotta keep watching!! and he says oh, well we should watch it together! and i say yeah, prolly not tonight! so as the evening continues, he keeps doing these lil time checks and says, there's still time to watch the walking dead! just saying!

ok, then my level of beverage gets to the yeah! sure! let's go watch the walking dead! and it's time to cash out.....

and dude has a total freak out. "what, did you think i was actually going to pay for you? after all those beers? are you crazy?" and i'm like o m g, this is jacked up. mind you it was all on the same tab, his tab, which would imply that he was paying the bill. plus we're at the bar, there are other ppl all around that can hear this.

then he basically laughed in my face and told me i was nuts to think that he was going to pay for me, and maybe he would have gotten me one or two, but you know, there are limits. it was seriously embarrassing. high school embarrassing.

and i do the lil hands in the air, ok ok i got it, and i'm like dude, that's totally fine, i can take care of myself. then it's like he snapped back to non-*kitten* world and was like no, no i'm so sorry, i keep forgetting i'm not in nyc anymore and beers aren't $9. and how could you possibly know... i didn't say anything, i'm so sorry blah blah blah, massive backpedaling

and at that point i'm like No It's Ok, I Can Take Care Of Myself.
    and he's like oh no no no, i'm so sorry, i didn't mean it like that, it was just a misunderstanding

and i'm like dude, no actually it wasn't, you just flipped out on me for what? thinking you were a gentleman? how dare i? you ask me out and then get all offended because i assume when you put my drinks on your tab that you're actually paying for them? wtf?

so he keeps apologizing and begging me to just let it go and we can still have a good time together and let's just go back and watch the walking dead, and he wants to play with the dogs and all this crap.
    which i'm tipsy, so i'm like sigh...ok.

yes, i'm an idiot. :)

so we're back at my place and he's playing with the dogs and we're laughing and it's all fun again, and i put in the walking dead. watch an episode and he's all randomly kissy face here and there and i'm like dude, you're missing the show, let's refocus.

go into the second episode and he's doing the same thing, and i keep saying, dude you're missing the show, and then there's this big crazy zombie scene, and he's like yeah, see and this is when i stop watching this *kitten*. yeah not winning any points there. lol. so he keeps trying to be all kissy face, and the episode ends and i'm like alright, time to go!

and he's being all snuggly, or at least trying to be, and i'm like ok, i have to work in the morning, you gotta go. and he's like don't you want me to stay? i can totally stay. and i say dude, no you have to go, you came over, watched the walking dead and now you have to go. and he keeps going, i can stay if you want me to, don't you want me to stay?
    and i'm like dude, have a good night.

get him out the front door, lock the dead bolt, then about 15 seconds later i get the following three texts from him:
    you're insane.
    if i could do it all over i'd pour a drink on you.
    *kitten*. You.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

so i reply: wow, ok. good luck with that.

wtf?, seriously, wtf?

NEXT. :s

Think you totally dodged a bullet by kicking his psychotic *kitten* out the door. Sounds like he was just trying to get some by trying to stay over so persistently. I'm sure there are some things you'd do over on that date too (like slap him, near the beginning of the date...). You've gone through a ton of frogs :tongue: I'm sure your prince cannot be that much farther away!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    *post date update*

first date #19

start the night off and everything was going really well! fun conversations, dude seemed cool, i was having a really good time. talked about stuff we like, which is where the walking dead comes up, and he's all, oh i quit like two episodes in! which of course, i'm like no way! you gotta keep watching!! and he says oh, well we should watch it together! and i say yeah, prolly not tonight! so as the evening continues, he keeps doing these lil time checks and says, there's still time to watch the walking dead! just saying!

ok, then my level of beverage gets to the yeah! sure! let's go watch the walking dead! and it's time to cash out.....

and dude has a total freak out. "what, did you think i was actually going to pay for you? after all those beers? are you crazy?" and i'm like o m g, this is jacked up. mind you it was all on the same tab, his tab, which would imply that he was paying the bill. plus we're at the bar, there are other ppl all around that can hear this.

then he basically laughed in my face and told me i was nuts to think that he was going to pay for me, and maybe he would have gotten me one or two, but you know, there are limits. it was seriously embarrassing. high school embarrassing.

and i do the lil hands in the air, ok ok i got it, and i'm like dude, that's totally fine, i can take care of myself. then it's like he snapped back to non-*kitten* world and was like no, no i'm so sorry, i keep forgetting i'm not in nyc anymore and beers aren't $9. and how could you possibly know... i didn't say anything, i'm so sorry blah blah blah, massive backpedaling

and he's like oh no no no, i'm so sorry, i didn't mean it like that, it was just a misunderstanding

and i'm like dude, no actually it wasn't, you just flipped out on me for what? thinking you were a gentleman? how dare i? you ask me out and then get all offended because i assume when you put my drinks on your tab that you're actually paying for them? wtf?

so he keeps apologizing and begging me to just let it go and we can still have a good time together and let's just go back and watch the walking dead, and he wants to play with the dogs and all this crap.

so we're back at my place and he's playing with the dogs and we're laughing and it's all fun again, and i put in the walking dead. watch an episode and he's all randomly kissy face here and there and i'm like dude, you're missing the show, let's refocus.

go into the second episode and he's doing the same thing, and i keep saying, dude you're missing the show, and then there's this big crazy zombie scene, and he's like yeah, see and this is when i stop watching this *kitten*. yeah not winning any points there. lol. so he keeps trying to be all kissy face, and the episode ends and i'm like alright, time to go!

and he's being all snuggly, or at least trying to be, and i'm like ok, i have to work in the morning, you gotta go. and he's like don't you want me to stay? i can totally stay. and i say dude, no you have to go, you came over, watched the walking dead and now you have to go. and he keeps going, i can stay if you want me to, don't you want me to stay?

get him out the front door, lock the dead bolt, then about 15 seconds later i get the following three texts from him:
    you're insane.
    *kitten*. You.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

wtf?, seriously, wtf?

He is a definite NEXT. Methinks he wanted one thing. I also think he sounds like a loose cannon.
  • CosmoTI
    CosmoTI Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    *post date update*

first date #19

you're insane.
    *kitten*. You.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

wtf?, seriously, wtf?

Sounds like a complete nutter. I hate how entitled guys get sometimes. It's like ' I bought you a few drinks - you owe me something now' well no , that's just not the case. Well done for kicking him out. I almost wish I'd been there so I could slap him for you!!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    *post date update*

first date #19

you're insane.
    *kitten*. You.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

wtf?, seriously, wtf?

... so basically he wanted sex. What a douche. I don't get how guys would get all offended if you don't put out on a first date. Pass
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    *post date update*

first date #19

you're insane.
    *kitten*. You.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

wtf?, seriously, wtf?

He is a definite NEXT. Methinks he wanted one thing. I also think he sounds like a loose cannon.

Agreed.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    ONLY 8.5 hours?!?! That's like most of my country, lol.

HA HA I thought exactly the same thing! It took me 5 hours to get back to Kent from Liverpool and that was enough for me!

And this is one reason I can appreciate living in a country the size of the UK as I hate travel. Anything over 2 hours and I've had enough!
    Did you get up to anything interesting in Liverpool? Hope you weren't here over the weekend to experience the 'white man march' fiasco!

Whaaat? No I know nothing of this. I hope that isn't as racist as it sounds?! :/ [/quote]

Sadly it is as bad as it sounds. They are an extreme right wing group and they've tried to march twice in the last 3 weeks but thankfully have been forced to cancel it both times. The first time got a bit ugly but thankfully was more peaceful this time round. It's laughable when you think about it really, straight white males - the most privileged sector of society - campaigning for their 'rights'[/quote]

I don't think I could handle something like that happening around here without starting trouble for it......
  • ejb060793
    ejb060793 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I have a touch screen computer, which flies keep landing on and clicking buttons. I am trying to work on homework, and instead, I've spent the past hour just screaming at flies to "stop clicking on my *kitten* screen, you little *kitten*!"
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Yayy welcome back @FluffySandwich!! Sorry you've been feeling off lately but that's okay we all have days/weeks like that, take a break!

And I can totally relate to the French thing, I took it all through high school and college and I still am horrible at it :( Don't worry you'll get it!! I bet you sound fine :)<3

I need to teach you all French. It's not so hard once you just accept the fact that so much of it is random (WHY is a table feminine and a sofa masculine!?) or an exception to the rule (use avoir for the perfect tense apart from these random verbs use être). Although I must admit I sometimes struggle to follow everything in Canadian French as it's not what I've grown up with. If you like a language that follows rules, I would suggest German!

Well we all speak English and that is the hardest language to learn because it is the MOST random with stupid rules that it breaks constantly, lol.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    *post date update*

first date #19

you're insane.
    *kitten*. You.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

wtf?, seriously, wtf?

I am starting to think you are on a candid camera show and do not know it yet......
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    *post date update*

first date #19

you're insane.
    *kitten*. You.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

wtf?, seriously, wtf?

I am starting to think you are on a candid camera show and do not know it yet......

LOL
    i would be totally ok with that as long as at the end when all is revealed there's a large cash payout for all the trauma i've endured!!! :D
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Guys, guys! Raelynn peed in her potty!!!! She actually told me she needed to go pee, and then sat down and went!! Normally she just sits there or says she wants/needs to go and then freaks out. This is amazing, and I'm beyond proud of her!! This is the first time she's gone on her own without being prompted by one of us! :smiley:

Yay Raelynn!!! Great job :)
  • tobistatler
    tobistatler Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    tobistat wrote: »
    Anyone everyone watch Property Brothers? Or any shows with the twins Drew and Jonathan? Ugh I'm obsessed with them they are my dream man...gorgeous, beautiful, twin men!!! Ahh <3

I love the Property Brothers too! I watch them every day when I'm on the treadmill. They are cute! I like their accents too :)

I do this too! But accents? Lol

Lol to me they have accents! I think they are Canadian? They definitely pronounce words different than I'm used to hearing haha

• kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Who loves Harry Potter, loves to eat, got up at 4:45 am to workout, and has two thumbs?!? THIS GIRL! Woo haha it's been a long time since I've done this!

Yay!!! Awesome :)
  • tobistatler
    tobistatler Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Anyone everyone watch Property Brothers? Or any shows with the twins Drew and Jonathan? Ugh I'm obsessed with them they are my dream man...gorgeous, beautiful, twin men!!! Ahh <3

I love the Property Brothers too! I watch them every day when I'm on the treadmill. They are cute! I like their accents too :)

I think she may be British? I'm American but watching the show you can DEFinitely tell they're Canadian! Pretty thick accent there.

Lol no I am from Colorado! Mostly stoner accents around here ;)
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Who loves Harry Potter, loves to eat, got up at 4:45 am to workout, and has two thumbs?!? THIS GIRL! Woo haha it's been a long time since I've done this!

Awesome @LBuehrle8

I was going to giggle if you did a Harry Potter workout, & then I was like what would a Harry Potter workout consist of?
    Um, Quidditch drills of course!
    rc2ddg5yevu8.jpg
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    *post date update*

first date #19

you're insane.
    *kitten*. You.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

wtf?, seriously, wtf?

Oh good lord I've have an experience almost exactly like that- not the dude flipping out about paying for drinks but going back to my place to watch a movie, him expecting me to sleep with him the first date (I'm not opposed but it wasn't going to happen), I kick him out, get horrible text messages from him. Now I get why you're single dude!! Ugh sorry this happened to you @kylerjaye !!! but I love the updates, you rock!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

I think she may be British? I'm American but watching the show you can DEFinitely tell they're Canadian! Pretty thick accent there.

Lol no I am from Colorado! Mostly stoner accents around here ;)

Ahh just kidding! I think they have accents too but the charm isn't anywhere near the level of the Brits :)
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    *post date update*

first date #19

you're insane.
    *kitten*. You.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

wtf?, seriously, wtf?

kklajmhijs77.png
    24rrii6ew2ti.png
    You were right, first tantrum there would be no looking back? Seriously If he was that bad on a first date I can't imagine any thing good coming of it.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

Awesome @LBuehrle8

I was going to giggle if you did a Harry Potter workout, & then I was like what would a Harry Potter workout consist of?
    Um, Quidditch drills of course!
    rc2ddg5yevu8.jpg

YES PLEASE!