Diet Soda on a diet?

Options

Replies

• momoharuno
    momoharuno Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    The real chemical you have to worry about in diet soda is all the dihydrogen monoxide. DHMO is a dangerous chemical - it's colorless, odorless, and has been known to kill many humans.
    *I am not speaking to any one person I am speaking generally*
    DHMO has been shown to be in a insignificant amount in diet coke, you would have to drink thousands of cans in one day for it to have an effect, honestly if you're afraid of that then drinking a glass of orange juice must send you into a full on panic to the emergency room. Lack of knowledge or research does not mean you are right no matter how much you believe you are. I highly suggest reading a stickied thread on here called "why aspartame isn't scary" it is, at the very least, a cursory way to give yourself knowledge into a subject you do not understand and to find out the truth of how your body metabolizes a specific protein (i.e. Aspartame). Ignorance is not a crime but the unwillingness to seek out and inform yourself should not be something anyone is proud of.
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,523 Member
    Options
    momoharuno wrote: »
    The real chemical you have to worry about in diet soda is all the dihydrogen monoxide. DHMO is a dangerous chemical - it's colorless, odorless, and has been known to kill many humans.
    DHMO has been shown to be in a insignificant amount in diet coke, you would have to drink thousands of cans in one day for it to have an effect, honestly if you're afraid of that then drinking a glass of orange juice must send you into a full on panic to the emergency room. Lack of knowledge or research does not mean you are right no matter how much you believe you are. I highly suggest reading a stickied thread on here called "why aspartame isn't scary" it is, at the very least, a cursory way to give yourself knowledge into a subject you do not understand and to find out the truth of how your body metabolizes a specific protein (i.e. Aspartame). Ignorance is not a crime but the unwillingness to seek out and inform yourself should not be something anyone is proud of.

Are you kidding? Diet Coke is literally 99% DHMO. Even one can-full could be enough to kill a person if they don't know what they're doing with it.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Actually I thought DHMO was quite abundant in diet coke.
  • momoharuno
    momoharuno Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I knew I should've put some lols or separated my thoughts, part of that was joking the other part was "for real do research" lol sorry if I was unclear :D
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options

Laughing-chimp-gif-animation.gif~c200

• Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    HowlinAl wrote: »
    It isn't good for you. But it isn't going to hinder weight loss either. I drink a can or two a day.

Why isn't it good for you?

Aspartame for one. Carbonation for another.
  • OneHundredToLose
    Options
    5Qnlkfx.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Yi5hedr3 wrote: »
    It isn't good for you. But it isn't going to hinder weight loss either. I drink a can or two a day.

Ok? Care to elaborate? Aspartame I think has been covered in this thread and many others (especially one aptly titled, "why aspartame isn't scary". How about carbonation? What's wrong with that?
  • OneHundredToLose
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

Ok? Care to elaborate? Aspartame I think has been covered in this thread and many others (especially one aptly titled, "why aspartame isn't scary". How about carbonation? What's wrong with that?

Aspartame has 9 letters. Carbonation has 11 letters. 9 + 11 = 9/11. Illuminati confirmed.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options

Aspartame has 9 letters. Carbonation has 11 letters. 9 + 11 = 9/11. Illuminati confirmed.

That wins best comment of the day. I can sign off now. XD
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Carbonation causes thigh dimples;) dontcha know
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I knew I should've put some lols or separated my thoughts, part of that was joking the other part was "for real do research" lol sorry if I was unclear :D

Uh-Huh-What-I-Thought.gif

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Starbucks uses thermally agitated dihydrogen monoxide in its beverages even though it is known to cause severe burns on contact with skin!

Why, Starbucks? Why?
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

Pay no mind to him. This is one of his gems from the cereal thread, quoted in its entirety.

"Yes...most cereal is just sugar. The more you eat, the sicker you will be."

• RMCottonRPh
    RMCottonRPh Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am going to lose the weight I need to lose first. THEN conquer my diet soda addiction. I do not have the willpower to do both at once.
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I am going to lose the weight I need to lose first. THEN conquer my diet soda addiction. I do not have the willpower to do both at once.

That's the spirit! Don't make it harder than you need to.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Enjoying a tasty Pepsi Max while catching up on this thread.