Turbo Team!! xx

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• nmoreland
    nmoreland Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Elbee - Welcome back!! I would say that if your back is bothering you, don't do TJ until you feel better, or do it no impact and stop if you start to hurt at all. I am sorry that things went downhill and you were sick while you were gone. I am working on finishing up school, so that has been my life this past week, and will be, at least for today, so no workouts lately for me.
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much, Nmoreland.

I finally did a TJ workout. I did Cardio Party. It was hard for me and I had to stop and just walk around for 1-2 minutes and drink some water... but except for that it went well. I did high impact. My face was pretty red when I was finished... so I probably got my heart rate up a little too high.
    I felt like I had a good workout!
    Linda
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Wow! Where'd everyone go? Is the Turbo Team challenge over?
    I did Turbo Jam Cardio Party today.
  • hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Good to hear from you, elbee! I hope you had a mostly good trip.

I'm struggling to keep my calories down for the last couple of weeks (after reducing my calorie goal), and I've been doing CLX more than TJ, so my calorie burns are not all that impressive. I'm going to try use this weekend to make up for being a slacker all week.

Yesterday was the end of the semester, so I'm going to try to do two-a-day workouts EVERY DAY this coming week. How's your C25K coming? I got to 5K in 40 minutes, which is a huge personal best for me, so this weekend I'm also going to try to bring the time down on that by a minute or so.
  • nmoreland
    Options
    I have been allowing myself to be lax in my calories and working out because of the end of school. I am working on my last assignment right now, and I really want to start working out again. I am a little scared because it has been almost two weeks of not working out, and I am worried about how bad I am going to be at it.
    Once I turn in this assignment (it is due tuesday) the only thing that I will have going on is my job search, and spring cleaning, which will get me up and moving. So I hope to be back in the next couple of days being able to say that I have worked out. I think I am going to concentrate on getting in workouts instead of what I am eating, at least to start with, so I can concentrate on one thing at a time.
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Hemlock! WTG on the 5k!!!
    I am still doing the "Conservative Couch to 5k".

I will start Week 3 of Phase 2 this week. I had to repeat Week 2 of Phase 2 last week since I got sick and hurt back last month while out of town.

I am certain that I can walk a 5K and add in a little running. Don't know the time, though. I will probably do my first one before the end of this month... but not ready to run it.. I need to get signed up for one.

Thanks for asking about it.

(No turbo jam done today. My back is still kind of bothering me and didn't want to do the one with the weights today).

Nmoreland -- Good luck on your finals and job hunt!
    Linda
  • hemlock2010
    Options
    Well, the two workouts every day has already failed, but I did keep my calories down close to 1500, which for me is a major accomplishment all by itself. :-) I've mostly switched from TJ to CLX (although I would do more TJ if I really did two workouts a day), and I'm still working on C25K on the elliptical. I'm up to 5K (3 mi) for distance, so now I'm working on getting the time down to 30 minutes. My record is 38.5 minutes. It's bike riding season, and there's a new bike trail that I want to try out next weekend, so I hope to be riding my bike a lot more, too.

My new favorite tv series is Drop Dead Diva, with Brooke Elliot as a skinny blonde model who died and came back to life in the body of a fat brunette lawyer. We just finished watching season 2 and are eagerly awaiting season 3.

I think we're in about week 11 (??), and I'm not really ready for before and after photos, but I've lost 14 pounds and--way more importantly--I've kept going and kept on track for much longer than I would have without you. You've saved me many hundreds of calories and made me push play on a lot of days when it would have been easier not to.

:flowerforyou:
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Hi everyone.
    Just letting y'all know that I have to stop doing Turbo Jam for a while. I hope that I can get back to doing it one day, but I am having back issues and was told that I can't do it for a while. I'm very sad.... :(
  • GlynisH
    GlynisH Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Sorry I've been missing. I have good news. I have now been a non-smoker for 3 weeks! So as a gift to myself, I bought turbo fire. I get it in one week. So u should really see me then. I'm gonna try and get back into logging my stuff in here this week hopefully. But next week ill post my new starting measurements. I hope everyone has been having fun!
  • hemlock2010
    Options
    Hey, Glynis! Congratulations on being a non-smoker. I have TF, too, and I'm a little scared to start it b/c I haven't been doing TJ for a while. I've been doing ChaLEAN Extreme and getting most of my cardio from the elliptical and walking. I really WANT to do TF, I'm just having trouble making myself start it. :-)
  • GlynisH
    Options
    we should start it together. i just got mine today. i'm not opening it yet cuz i just got off work and have to sleep so I can go back to work tonight but i plan on starting tomorrow!!
  • hemlock2010
    Options
    I'll be there!
  • GlynisH
    Options
    ok so It's saturday. I just woke up cuz I'm a day sleeper. I'm gonna do my first turbo fire workout tonight. It'll probably count towards sunday cuz it'll most likely be after midnight. I got things to do before the sun goes away. hemlock- I hope your with me!! We can do it!!
  • GlynisH
    Options
    hey i did my first turbo fire workout!!! Fire 30 Stretch 10. It was intimidating but I think I did as well as I did when I first started turbo jam and didn't know the moves.
  • nmoreland
    Options
    Glynis- Congrats on quitting smoking, I am still working on it, and my goal is to get turbo fire once I do quit.

Hemlock - you can do it! It is scary to get started back with cardio after stopping for a bit.

It seems that people are coming back to this thread, and I think it is fantastic!!

One of my favorite shows is starting again tomorrow, White Collar, and I am excited for that.
    Have a great Monday!
  • GlynisH
    Options
    nmoreland- That's what my plan was. Quit and as a present to myself, I got TurboFire. I just got done with my 2nd workout: HIIT15 and Stretch 10. Man, it sucked. It's only 15 minutes and she has you jumping like crazy! I didn't burn that many calories, but she says that you continue to burn more throughout the day. I hope she's right!
  • hemlock2010
    Options
    Fire 30 and Stretch 10 today. Thanks for being such good influences!! I was in some kind of I-can't-do-it--it's-too-hard funk, so thanks for making me see how silly I was being. :-)

CLX nsv--I can do burpees!! I'm sure they're not graceful, but I can totally do them!! I'm sure that's a result of CLX, b/c I could not do them when I tried in Feb.
  • GlynisH
    Options
    hemlock- great job!!! keep it up!

I fell of the wagon for a few days. :( I've started drinking green tea like water and I think it's boosted my metabolism or my cats broke my scale cuz yesterday I was down to 156! I'll weigh myself later today and we'll see.

Also, what is a burpee?
  • nmoreland
    Options
    I have fallen off the wagon and am struggling to get back on, but I am still trying.

Glynis - a burpee is when you start standing, then bend your knees and put your hands on the floor, and then jump your feet back so you are in a plank position, then jump your feet back by your hands, stand up and repeat. I always feel very ungraceful when I am doing those. =)

Have a nice Monday everyone!