Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    projectsix wrote: »
    I have an absolute 100% full on food addiction and binge eating disorder. I would be able to maintain sub 10% year round if I didn't have an eating disorder. In the long run, there is nothing more that has hurt my fitness regimen or my progress than my eating disorder. I have zero faith in actually being able to fix the problem, ever. It sucks but something I've accepted and just live with. It's a mental battle every single day at this point and the only thing I can do is battle the urges to over eat while training as hard as I possibly can with the time available.

That's my confession.

First part of dealing with the problem is admitting you have it. It sounds like you might want to see someone about it, but that requires the desire to truly change the problem. From the looks of your profile pic, it hasn't been too bad.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I have an absolute 100% full on food addiction and binge eating disorder. I would be able to maintain sub 10% year round if I didn't have an eating disorder. In the long run, there is nothing more that has hurt my fitness regimen or my progress than my eating disorder. I have zero faith in actually being able to fix the problem, ever. It sucks but something I've accepted and just live with. It's a mental battle every single day at this point and the only thing I can do is battle the urges to over eat while training as hard as I possibly can with the time available.

That's my confession.

First part of dealing with the problem is admitting you have it. It sounds like you might want to see someone about it, but that requires the desire to truly change the problem. From the looks of your profile pic, it hasn't been too bad.

Naw it's pretty bad but it's a yo-yo effect. I'll binge hard, then diet hard, binge diet binge diet. My only saviour is that I enjoy training in the gym and have been for about 7 years consistently now average 5-6 days a week consistently.

I have absolutely no hope at all though that the problem can be fixed by seeing anyone. I don't see how someone can flip a cycle that's been occurring most of my life. I don't think it can be fixed, only managed and even then it's not something easy to manage at all.

It can be done but if you don't believe it then you're right- there's no hope. You can only accomplish things when you believe in yourself. I hope you find that in your life. Ever studied psychology? Powerful stuff :)
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options

That's my confession.

I'm so sorry.
    I am glad you have looked at it and are working on it
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    @ShibaEars I will probably start with the treadmill or elliptical. It will be where I kill some time before I have to pick up my daughter. She tells me I get there too early so she doesn't have time to play. I can fix that!

@marissafit06 it is a bargain now, but not so much several years back. It's 24 Hour Fitness and I had a contract with them that when it expired, I could renew for $25/yr. I looked at the guy and said, 'That is per month right?' He told me, no each year. So I have just kept it. I would occasionally get back in and go for a period of time, but always fell off the habit. Now, I have a little more incentive to get off my duff and move more, so here I go!

Nice!! Mine is around $85/month. Keep that $25/year, that is awesome!
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    My NSV for today. Saw my doctor this morning, and I no longer have to take BP meds! I am slowly but surely getting off all these darn pills! Two more to go!

Yay!!!!
  • nonoelmo
    Options

That's my confession.

That is a big confession. I've mentioned my daughter is /has struggled on the edge of it and I have several friends who struggle / have struggled. We can help cheer you on if you need it.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options

That's my confession.

Naw it's pretty bad but it's a yo-yo effect. I'll binge hard, then diet hard, binge diet binge diet. My only saviour is that I enjoy training in the gym and have been for about 7 years consistently now average 5-6 days a week consistently.

I have absolutely no hope at all though that the problem can be fixed by seeing anyone. I don't see how someone can flip a cycle that's been occurring most of my life. I don't think it can be fixed, only managed and even then it's not something easy to manage at all.

So far you have been able to compensate for the binges, you know what to do to change the direction on the weight. Until you lose the ability to change by the cyclic nature of what you are doing( you don't lose the weight), then there really isn't anything to change.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »

That's my confession.

That is a big confession. I've mentioned my daughter is /has struggled on the edge of it and I have several friends who struggle / have struggled. We can help cheer you on if you need it.

Yep. We sure will!!
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    So confession that I haven't been to my gym in several years, but still have the membership. Can't just toss a $25/yr membership, even if I am not using it. Well, today is the day I go reaquaint myself with this space. I just hope I don't get accosted by the Weight Watchers people that are now attached to the gym.
    Go for it!!! Yay you!
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Just to chime in, my gym is $49 a month...and that's with my corporate discount!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @ShibaEars I will probably start with the treadmill or elliptical. It will be where I kill some time before I have to pick up my daughter. She tells me I get there too early so she doesn't have time to play. I can fix that!

@marissafit06 it is a bargain now, but not so much several years back. It's 24 Hour Fitness and I had a contract with them that when it expired, I could renew for $25/yr. I looked at the guy and said, 'That is per month right?' He told me, no each year. So I have just kept it. I would occasionally get back in and go for a period of time, but always fell off the habit. Now, I have a little more incentive to get off my duff and move more, so here I go!

Nice!! Mine is around $85/month. Keep that $25/year, that is awesome!

I have something similar. Ancient 20+ year membership that I pay $79/year for. I panic if I think its getting close to expiration. I psy like 3 years in advance.

I need to get there too!

Plus I pay for my work gym like $5 a month. And I need to get there. We'll both work on that!!! I'll let you know when I go this month.
  • Oberon21
    Options

That's my confession.

Well without hope you will never change it. And this sounds dangerous. Both extremes. I sincerely hope you can figure out how to have hope to manage this. I'll be rooting for you!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    My NSV for today. Saw my doctor this morning, and I no longer have to take BP meds! I am slowly but surely getting off all these darn pills! Two more to go!
    This is a fabulous NSV! Congratulations!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    We're on page 1599! Almost to 1600!

It feels like it was FOREVER ago when we hit 1500 (compared to previous 100 page markers)!

That's because so many moved permanently to the BatCave and this place has slowed WAAAAAAY down.

It's so hard to keep up in there :( blah it makes me sad.

I'm actually considering dropping out of this after the 1600 page run. Maybe drop in occasionally, but the real action is definitely in the Batcave now. ;)

Which is why I am checking in here this am... more manageable. I do all of them that I am interested in tho. I find you guys fascinating. ;)

I like coming in here and seeing new people. I'll keep coming in here first. It's good to have new thoughts/confessions.

And guys... this is supposed to be fun. Don't stress. Just jump in where you can.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I have never seen a cockroach in real life except for once at the zoo. I'm not an overly squeamish person, but I would freak the heck out if I saw some of those bad boys in my house. I don't envy you lot!

Really? They're everywhere in both Oman and Saudi Arabia. Really big ones, too. We once lived in a house with a broken sewer cover in the yard, and there would be 30-50 HUMONGOUS cockroaches running all over the yard during the summer. You literally had to step/hop/jump/zigzag to avoid them on your way in and out of the walled courtyard. I assure you that this always involved plenty of shrieking on my part.

They like it hot. I have never seen one in Washington state, but I saw millions down in Arizona. No matter how clean people kept their houses, almost everyone had them at some point :'(

Ick. Another reason not to live in a hot climate.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    We're on page 1599! Almost to 1600!

It feels like it was FOREVER ago when we hit 1500 (compared to previous 100 page markers)!

Ooh I might push us to 1600!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    We once had fleas in an apartment we rented because the previous tenant had a dog and hadn't gotten rid of them. Nowhere near as bad as roaches, but very annoying when you don't even own pets.

I hate fleas. They eat me alive! For some reason they LOVE my blood.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I put it in the Batcave under Funny Pictures, but I officially declare this song the Confessions theme song! "We all belong to a tribe. It's good to know this one's mine."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbbYPqgSe-M

Perfect!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I have never seen a cockroach in real life except for once at the zoo. I'm not an overly squeamish person, but I would freak the heck out if I saw some of those bad boys in my house. I don't envy you lot!

I had one in my college apartment once. Only one I ever saw. I called the landlord the next day. We were immediately fumagated. They can come in on pizza boxes and grocery bags, etc. Gross!!!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    My cats really want me to be petting them not talking to you guys! Just so you know...