Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Ok, if this keeps up like it is right now, I have absolutely NO problems with my doctor making me take drug tests and counting my pills at each visit! This is probably the clearest my mind has ever been in my life! (Yes, I know this is my first day, but this is awesome!)

Today also starts Raelynn's first day in behavioral therapy. I'm hoping that this helps us, because she desperately needs the help. I feel like I'm losing control of my child, and that's the worst feeling I could feel right now. :'(

It's hard reading children just when you get one thing figured out they change the rules.
    You are a great mom. I don't think any mom feels that about themselves.

I'm glad the medicine is working for you
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling a little better today. My mom came through her gallbladder surgery okay, so that's a major relief.

I just got a call from my doctor, since I have gone through the only non-amphetamine medications available with no success, we are now trying adderall twice a day. The kicker, I have to take a drug test and sign a "drug contract" before I can get the prescription. I'm not upset about doing that, but it disturbs me that things have gotten so bad that people who NEED that medication have to jump through so many hoops due to others abusing it. I'm just hoping this time the meds work and I don't have to keep going through this changing medicine cycle.

Yeah, it's silly. I take Adderall, too.

Does it seem to work well for you?

I've had good luck with it. Part of my problem was also exhaustion along with difficulty focusing, so it's exactly what I needed.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    caddir wrote: »
    I wanted a fitbit charge with the HR monitor but then a colleague told me that his wife had complained when he checked his heart rate when he, er, was *in bed*.

I just don't want to know!

I've decidedthat I prefer my fitbit flex. I can change the wriststrap to match my oufit but the only downside is I have already have 8 and I need at least another 20 different wriststraps. Some of them are so pretty.

That's the one thing I miss about the Flex was changing the band whenever you want.

I think it was @Glinda1971 that said there were more bands on Amazon that had different patterns.

I know I have the purple and I don't even like purple. I would love to be able to change bands!

PURPLE IS MY FAVORITE COLOR

Just never been a huge fan. Orange is my favorite.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Ok, if this keeps up like it is right now, I have absolutely NO problems with my doctor making me take drug tests and counting my pills at each visit! This is probably the clearest my mind has ever been in my life! (Yes, I know this is my first day, but this is awesome!)

Today also starts Raelynn's first day in behavioral therapy. I'm hoping that this helps us, because she desperately needs the help. I feel like I'm losing control of my child, and that's the worst feeling I could feel right now. :'(

Aww I am so sorry. You are doing all the right things.
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    I should probably put this in the Fitbit thread. But anyway, my Fitbit bit the dust this weekend. It wouldn't sync to anything. I have the One. It would show my steps on the One, but wouldn't sync to my phone or computer.

My husband bought it for me two Christmases ago. And even though it was past its 365 day warranty, they are sending me another one!!! I thought for sure I was going to have to buy another. I'm freakin' pleased as punch right now!

They really have great customer service.....they are currently sending me a new band for my flex because my split...again....second time!

Another company that has great customer service is Apple. Last year my iPad was almost out of the one year warranty (I think I had a week left), & I started to experience weird glitches with the screen & apps. Apple said that if I sent in my iPad they would try to fix & refurbish my old one, & if they couldn't get it fixed they'd send me a brand new one. They couldn't fix the glitches, & sent me a brand new one a few days later.

Oh yeah. My phone was having problems, and they shipped me a replacement before I even sent them my old one. I couldn't go 3-4 days without my phone.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Confession: Many, many cookies were eaten today. (Sorry @pofoster21 :() I think my stomach hates me now.

Suzie, honey, I ate all of everything yesterday. 20th anniversary of my mom's death. I still can't decide if the hardest thing I have ever said is "My mom didn't want to live.this way, unplug the machines." Or "Nana's gone to heaven."

(((HUGS))) <3

Thank you.
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    I seriously cannot believe the sheer number of people who ask the internet if they are pregnant.

Wha? How would random strangers on the internet know?
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I wanted a fitbit charge with the HR monitor but then a colleague told me that his wife had complained when he checked his heart rate when he, er, was *in bed*.

I've decidedthat I prefer my fitbit flex. I can change the wriststrap to match my oufit but the only downside is I have already have 8 and I need at least another 20 different wriststraps. Some of them are so pretty.

That's the one thing I miss about the Flex was changing the band whenever you want.

I think it was @Glinda1971 that said there were more bands on Amazon that had different patterns.

I know I have the purple and I don't even like purple. I would love to be able to change bands!

Mine too! :)
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Confession: Many, many cookies were eaten today. (Sorry @pofoster21 :() I think my stomach hates me now.

Suzie, honey, I ate all of everything yesterday. 20th anniversary of my mom's death. I still can't decide if the hardest thing I have ever said is "My mom didn't want to live.this way, unplug the machines." Or "Nana's gone to heaven."

:'(<3
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    *post date update*

first date #24

decided this was just another let's chill and say hi type thing.
    which really means i'm in yoga pants and a t-shirt and have no intentions of trying to pretty myself up. deal.

this is John #4, and not in that dirty prostitution type sense, literally, the fourth dude named John i've met thus far. quite the common name.

so anyway! had talked to the dude a bit ago, kinda dropped off, then popped up again.
    chatting with him on sunday, he asked if i wanted to hang out in person. sure!
    so we're just havin some chit chats and talk of experiences with which ever dating site we met through is always a topic of conversation. so he asks me if i've met a lot of dudes, which i tend to be a lil vague about ('cause it's none of dudes business, but i'm also curious about what his experience is so i don't totally shut it down. hehe). i usually go with, yeah i've met a few random guys here and there, nothing amazing, how about you? he says that on the site he found me, i'm the first girl he's met in person, but then adds, well it's also not the main site he uses. ok, what site is the main one you use?

Tinder. eek! i mention my pure terror of anything involving tinder, he asks why and i say how, at least in this area, it seems just to be a way to hookup with ppl and it's seems quite judgey and that's just not my scene. and he says, oh yeah, it totally is! now my lil brain is just running a muck and i just have to ask; so have you hooked up with a lot of chicks through there? oh yeah! (eek!) huh, that's interesting, a lot? 25-30. holy crap!

ooooooooooh, so you're just looking for hook-ups? his reply? well not specifically, but that's just what guys do. he then goes on to explain that you know, guys just have as much sex as they can, it's what they do, it's the norm. it's at this point that i start to look around my kitchen wondering if somehow secretly lil cameras have been stashed about, because this MUST be some type of joke. mind you this dude is a chiropractor, in theory, an adult professional! ha! and he's decent looking, but nothing amazing, and yet still manages to be a total man-*kitten*. heh.

and of course i make the mistake of letting the dude kiss me. kissing is fine, kissing is fun, but then he bites my neck so hard i now have a stinkin BRUISE, like i'm a dumb high school kid. ugh. UGH! i'm grateful the temps here have dropped a bit, so my turtleneck seems normal.

smh

next pls.....

WHAT! You know that is just a get out clause for when he cheats on someone. When, because obviously he will. Either that or he has some sort of complex. Like a teeny weeny. 25-30 girls, what a joke.

I'd tend to lean toward a teeny weeny. That's why he's had so many different girls...no one will give him a second look after the first time!!! :wink:

I've never ventured into the Tinder world. I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I did meet my current boyfriend on OKCupid and we've been together about a year and a half so there is hope of meeting someone worth having a relationship with. Dating sucks. It's the one reason I should have just stayed married....but then I remember what being married to my ex was like.
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Confession: I was MAJORLY upset on my 'official' weigh in today when I got on the scale and saw 179.4.
    I was like "I've been at 179 FOREVER! I'm doing EVERYTHING RIGHT! WTF?!"
    Well, turns out I can't read because my mom says get on it again, so I do, and she walks up behind me and I realize it says 178.4. I'm useless for anything before my first cup of coffee....

That's awesome! I would kill for 178.4 right now!

Me tooooo!!!! I have a long way to go before I see onederland!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling a little better today. My mom came through her gallbladder surgery okay, so that's a major relief.

I just got a call from my doctor, since I have gone through the only non-amphetamine medications available with no success, we are now trying adderall twice a day. The kicker, I have to take a drug test and sign a "drug contract" before I can get the prescription. I'm not upset about doing that, but it disturbs me that things have gotten so bad that people who NEED that medication have to jump through so many hoops due to others abusing it. I'm just hoping this time the meds work and I don't have to keep going through this changing medicine cycle.

I've had good luck with it. Part of my problem was also exhaustion along with difficulty focusing, so it's exactly what I needed.

Oh wow, that sounds like me lol! So far so good, I've actually been able to focus and get things done as well as staying relatively calm. And when I say getting things done, I mean actually being able to sit down and do my homework without stopping every few minutes because something is distracting me. I'm usually bouncing around and completely frazzled. Granted, it's the first day, but I'm actually noticing a distinct difference between today and yesterday, if that makes any sense.

And thank you to everyone else! I really like this therapist and she has listened to all my concerns, which makes me feel better. I'm hoping this helps us.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Oh wow, that sounds like me lol! So far so good, I've actually been able to focus and get things done as well as staying relatively calm. And when I say getting things done, I mean actually being able to sit down and do my homework without stopping every few minutes because something is distracting me. I'm usually bouncing around and completely frazzled. Granted, it's the first day, but I'm actually noticing a distinct difference between today and yesterday, if that makes any sense.

And thank you to everyone else! I really like this therapist and she has listened to all my concerns, which makes me feel better. I'm hoping this helps us.

That sounds like good news!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    petunia773 wrote: »
    Confession: I was MAJORLY upset on my 'official' weigh in today when I got on the scale and saw 179.4.
    I was like "I've been at 179 FOREVER! I'm doing EVERYTHING RIGHT! WTF?!"
    Well, turns out I can't read because my mom says get on it again, so I do, and she walks up behind me and I realize it says 178.4. I'm useless for anything before my first cup of coffee....

That's awesome! I would kill for 178.4 right now!

Me tooooo!!!! I have a long way to go before I see onederland!

I have been hanging on to onederland since I got there. I hate seeing a bounce back to 200, then 199....I am working on getting it down a few more pounds and solidify the hold on it!!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options

ME TOO!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options

Thank you so much for that link!! Great info!!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

Good luck with it all.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

I'm so sorry. :( Hugs to you. It must be horribly tough to lose a parent, and even tougher to explain it to your children who have lost a grandparent. <3
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I'M GETTING A FITBIT!!!!!

For those of you who haven't heard I had lost my jawbone UP last Sunday when I went to visit my sister :( I was super upset as I loved having it to help me track everything. Well I told my dad what had happened and that I was going to start saving up for a fitbit since that's what my friend (ie- internet friends) have and I could participate in challenges with them. He called today and told me he bought me one since I'd been doing well going to the gym almost every day and he could tell how sad I was about losing my UP. I have the best dad in the world!!! <3

That's exciting! Can't wait to add you :smile: