Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member
    JFT Saturday

1. Meal plan for the week and stick to healthy choices at the grocery store : Done. No junk food this week!
    2. Get outside and enjoy this beautiful day: Done. Went with husband for a nice motorcycle ride and saw the grandkids.
    3. Track every bite: Done. Tracked it all!
    4. Spend 30 minutes journaling and reading something good for my soul: Took time to lie in bed last night and read a chapter in an inspirational book and paged through my Prevention magazine. Felt so good!
    6. Don't sweat the small stuff. Be grateful for another day! Done! Had a great day with no stress.

HAPPY SATURDAY everyone!

Tracie in WI

J4T Sunday

1. Log every bite
    2. Drink 10 glasses of water
    3. Rearrange kitchen cupboards
    4. Plan tomorrow's breakfast and lunch and get it packed tonight
    5. Say no to ice cream when husband asks tonight
    6. Take 30 minutes of quiet time to read something inspirational
    7. Take 15 minutes to write in my Gratitude journal

Hope you all had a great weekend!
  • PackerFanInGB
    bri170lb wrote: »
    J4T Saturday
    1. Be extra careful to save some calories from breakfast and lunch... :smile:
    2. ...so I can have a piece of wedding cake in the enening! :smile:
    3. Make good choices for dinner :smile:

Did great today and... I'm celebrating...199 today! That's 101 pounds down, 49ish to go!

J4T Sunday
    2. Run in a 5k race
    3. Focus on meeting goals 1 meal at a time

Congratulations!!! I hope the 5k went well for you and WOO HOO on the 101 lbs! that is fantastic!
  • PackerFanInGB
    WellingTX wrote: »
    I will stay under my calorie goal and make better choices
    I will work out for 80 minutes
    I will express my wellness mantra
    I am expressing gratitude for being part of my loved mother in law's end of life journey. I am honored and very humbled.

Not a great day.

Well over my calorie goal. Going to be tough to make the week.
    Walked 3.1 miles at 17:36/mile
    Didn't express my wellness mantra

For today, will make good choices during meals.
    Will work out for 40 minutes.
    I will express my wellness mantra.
    I am expressing gratitude that my mother in law's passing yesterday was peaceful. Marvelous lady...

Thank you for the well wishes. Certainly know many people have gone through this same process.

My condolences. Even when we know one of our loved ones is in their last days, it doesn't make it any easier when they pass. May you and your family find peace.
  • PackerFanInGB
    @TerriRichardson112 : Thank you. I hope you don't know the anguish of waiting for these kinds of tests first-hand. I'm glad you got outside and gardened. Gardening is good for the soul, I think!

@Saragirl2 I hope your puppy is feeling better. I'm also glad to hear that you don't hurt in the morning as bad as you did. I'm really hoping for that same result in my knee and ankle joints as I cut more and more processed foods and sugar out of my diet.

• bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    I am expressing gratitude for being part of my loved mother in law's end of life journey. I am honored and very humbled.

Even 14 years later, knowing that we were able to be there for my father-in-law during his last few days is still a great comfort for my husband and I. It is truly a blessing when a family can be together during the hardest of times.

• bri170lb

Congratulations!!! I hope the 5k went well for you and WOO HOO on the 101 lbs! that is fantastic!

It was very hot (for me least, I live in the mountains so I am used to jogging in cool temperatures) so I was only able to walk.

I came in last place out of a LOT of people, but it still counts a a win for me because...

1. On January 1st of this year I could just barely walk 10 minutes on the treadmill.
    2. I finished and after the first 5 minutes I thought I wouldn't.
    3. I kept my commitment to myself to do one 5k race every month til next May.
  • PackerFanInGB

It was very hot (for me least, I live in the mountains so I am used to jogging in cool temperatures) so I was only able to walk.

I came in last place out of a LOT of people, but it still counts a a win for me because...

1. On January 1st of this year I could just barely walk 10 minutes on the treadmill.

In my book, it is a HUGE win. I would not even dare sign up for a 5k let alone be able to finish one. I think that is fantastic. You go girl!!!
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    68myra wrote: »

Just for today, Sunday:
    :smiley: 1. enjoy going to movies with family
    :smile: :neutral::smiley: 2. pt/foam rolling/yoga
    :smiley: 3. under 20 grams of sugar
    :smiley: 4. NO vegetable oil (i resisted movie theater popcorn!whoop!)
    :neutral: 5. do some planning for next week with 9 year old home for the week

just for Monday, final Monday of September:
    1.wash the dog without hurting my back
    2.pt/FOAM ROLL/yoga
    3.under 20g sugar
    4.NO vegetable oil
  • 68myra

yep, i have to chime in here too: this SO counts as a win. my physical therapist has me "on the bench", so i couldn't do a 5K at all! I'm truly amazed at the progress you've made in nine months. but, in my humble opinion, keeping the promise to yourself just takes the cake! :smiley:
  • bri170lb

J4T Sunday
    2. Run in a 5k race :smile:
    3. Focus on meeting goals 1 meal at a time :smile:

J4T Monday
    1. Focus on sticking to calorie goals one meal at a time
    2. Take a walk
    3. Do housework
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    @WellingTX Condolences. :heart:
    My beloved MIL passed away in 2013 after a long decline. May they both rest in peace.

@OConnell5483 I am so happy for you. I know the anguish of that wait while you have these things checked out. :heart:

Yesterday was good :) I got out in the sunshine to garden.

JFT Sun 27/09
    1. Pre-log/follow through :)
    2. Enjoy lunch at my daughter's house :)
    3. Physio/3000+ steps :) 5198 steps

JFT Mon 28/09
    1. Pre-log/follow through
    2. Relax and catch up on sleep. Awake several hours around 3.30am watching the Blood Moon Eclipse.
    3. Physio/4000+ steps

@bri170lbs congrats on weight loss and finishing the 5km race :)
    @OConnell5483 A lump about 20 years ago which turned out to be a cyst. It disappear on its own. The longest week of my life.

• WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member

For today, will make good choices during meals.
    Will work out for 40 minutes.
    I will express my wellness mantra.
    I am expressing gratitude that my mother in law's passing yesterday was peaceful. Marvelous lady...

Thank you for the well wishes. Certainly know many people have gone through this same process.

Meh, not a good MFP day.
    Made numerous poor choices and was well over calories.
    Did work out for 93 minutes including a new distance high of 3.27 miles at 17:11/mile pace.
    Didn't express my wellness mantra.

For today - New day.
    I will stay under my calorie goal and make good meal choices.
    I will work out for 90 minutes.
    I will express my wellness mantra twice, out loud.
    I am expressing gratitude for the support of my work environment and work friends. Missing a big meeting this week, no issues. Lots of offers to cover work while I'm taking a few days off.
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    And sincerely appreciate the well wishes on this thread.
  • PackerFanInGB

J4T Sunday

1. Log every bite
    3. Rearrange kitchen cupboards
    4. Plan tomorrow's breakfast and lunch and get it packed tonight
    5. Say no to ice cream when husband asks tonight
    6. Take 30 minutes of quiet time to read something inspirational
    7. Take 15 minutes to write in my Gratitude journal

Hope you all had a great weekend!

Well, I did log every bite, drink my water, rearrange the cupboards, plan and pack my lunch for today, said no to ice cream, took 30 minutes to read a daily inspiration book and out of my Bible. I didn't write in my Gratitude journal. All in all, I feel I feel I did pretty darn good (especially with the ice cream thing...)

J4T Monday:

1. Log my food
    3. Pack tomorrow's breakfast and lunch tonight
    4. 30 minutes of reading and journaling
    5. 30 minutes of exercising, as well as at least 5000+ steps on FitBit
    6. CHEER ON THE GREEN BAY PACKERS tonight. It would be great to be able to stay up until at least half time. LOL!

Tracie in WI
  • bri170lb
    All in all, I feel I feel I did pretty darn good (especially with the ice cream thing...)

Ah... the thrill of victory over icecream is a sweet, sweet reward in itself! :smiley:
  • 68myra
    All in all, I feel I feel I did pretty darn good (especially with the ice cream thing...)

Ah... the thrill of victory over icecream is a sweet, sweet reward in itself! :smiley:

OH yes!! i believe that tops victory over movie popcorn :smiley:
  • AmyJMadison
    AmyJMadison Posts: 143 Member
    Just for today:
    No alcohol.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Monday:
    1. 12,000 steps
    2. lift weights
    3. 8+ freggies
    4. get back to complete logging
  • PackerFanInGB

OH yes!! i believe that tops victory over movie popcorn :smiley:

Oh boy, I don't think ANYTHING tops a victory over movie popcorn! :wink:
  • 68myra
    just for Monday, final Monday of September:
    :):neutral: 1.wash the dog without hurting my back (dog smells better, but my back was hurting)
    :smiley: X3 2.pt/FOAM ROLL/yoga
    :smiley: 11g. total :smiley: 3.under 20g sugar
    :smiley: 4.NO vegetable oil

Just for Tuesday, the final Tuesday of September:
    1. take dog to the vet (without hurting my back: engage those glutes and abs!)
    2. pt/foam roll/yoga
    3. under 20g sugar
    4. NO vegetable oil