MUSCLE BUSTERS (closed group)

Options

Replies

• nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I don't other than water - and not sure how that works with TOM. Can't hurt though.

I'd love a .5 loss. I'll see what I can do. I know mainly I just cannot eat late tonight! My workout isn't a crazy one tonight either so that might help.

I'm about to switch to water for the day - only one cup of coffee - so that might help.
  • princess_in_power
    princess_in_power Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    @healthymomwanna I have that bloating problem too during the TOM and I take vit C, A and E to help rid my body of excess water retention! It usually works =)

Hope you get something figured out!!
  • healthymomwannabe
    healthymomwannabe Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Princess. :flowerforyou: I have one heck of a workout planned for tonight, so hopefully that'll help me as well. AND I promise not to eat after 6 pm - I almost always have something at night, but NOT TONIGHT!! :noway:

Connie
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Connie, water and potassium....they all balance each other out....also, I've heard that distilled water is good because it has no sodium in it like some tap or bottled waters and flushes out of your system better...go get a jug Connie and drink, drink, drink

I have been thinking that the fatty's having an early weigh-in and Heather's traveling has got to be an advantage. I am hoping to be down 0.8 tomorrow *fingers crossed*...it's something

Here's hoping that one of us can win and drag one of them over to our side...I'm thinking that if one of us is eliminated and moved over...there's not much of us remaining.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    OK, 24 oz of water already down and 24 oz of tea.....c'mon girls, flush out the fat and sodium
  • healthymomwannabe
    Options
    Connie, water and potassium....they all balance each other out....also, I've heard that distilled water is good because it has no sodium in it like some tap or bottled waters and flushes out of your system better...go get a jug Connie and drink, drink, drink

OK, laugh at me if you want, but a person can actually drink DISTILLED water??? I thought that was mandatory non-drinking water! I'm at work right now, and we've got about 6 gallons of distilled water, for a deco water fountain here. Should I seriously drink some of that? I'm serious, I honestly didn't know a person could drink that stuff. Please let me know - I don't want to fall for this and then end up getting majorly sick! :sick:

Connie
  • brit1329
    brit1329 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I just weighed earlier this morning and was down 1 lb. Now hopefully I can have that or even better in the morning. I'm expecting a pretty good food day. Yesterday I went out and bought a bunch of produce to make some salads and other veggies to add to food. Also bought a big pack of chicken to cook ahead for the next few days.

Connie: I agree, lots of water. And I looked it up to be sure, you can drink distilled water. Good luck with tomorrow's weigh in.
  • nisijam5
    Options

OK, laugh at me if you want, but a person can actually drink DISTILLED water??? I thought that was mandatory non-drinking water! I'm at work right now, and we've got about 6 gallons of distilled water, for a deco water fountain here. Should I seriously drink some of that? I'm serious, I honestly didn't know a person could drink that stuff. Please let me know - I don't want to fall for this and then end up getting majorly sick! :sick:

Connie

I've heard that you can...but, I don't know. I was going to try it...I mean it's just water that doesn't have salts or minerals in it...it's used for equipment so it doesn't corrode, right?
  • healthymomwannabe
    Options
    I just drank 33 oz. of the stuff and all is well. However, I didn't dare drink it until I called my mommy and asked her - she's good at knowing so many weird things. Since I got Mom's approval, I figured I'd be fine. Ha! :laugh:

Connie
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    I just drank 33 oz. of the stuff and all is well. However, I didn't dare drink it until I called my mommy and asked her - she's good at knowing so many weird things. Since I got Mom's approval, I figured I'd be fine. Ha! :laugh:

Connie

:drinker:
  • nisijam5
    Options

Connie

Well, the burning question is, "Is it making you wee-wee?"
  • healthymomwannabe
    Options
    Haha! :laugh: Let me just say that, yes, it's working. :drinker: Good thing the bathroom is just down the hall from my office. :tongue:

Connie
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Well, Connie...if you want to come over, I could pop in a foley catheter for you?? :flowerforyou: You could easily lose a ton of weight just by drinking the water - or - at least break even.

Britt, I just realized the if you are down a pound and you get the 0.5 lb advantage...you could be the GOLDEN STAR...btw, slip your husband a melatonin so he can sleep and leave you alone. Your chicken and veggies sound like a very good plan for the week. I made roasted tri-peppers, onions, mushroom and spinach and wrapped them in a pita with smoked provolone. OMG, delicious and easy.
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    Kim, that sounds amazing. I don't like cooked veggies, but take out the mushrooms and I would even try that.

I need to experiement with some veggies...
  • brit1329
    Options
    Kim that does sound delicious. How did you cook your veggies? I'm going to have to make sure I eat all those vegetables I bought before they go bad. Which reminds me, I need to go pre-make some salads.

I'm hoping I get to see at least that 1 lb loss tomorrow when I weigh in. I'm being really careful about what I eat today to make sure I don't end up with any extra water weight tomorrow. So far, so good. Although night time is usually what kills me. We've got to get up a little bit early tomorrow to go look at places to live. It shouldn't be a problem though. I'll just make sure I stop eating early tonight. And I may take you up on that melatonin idea if he won't go to sleep tonight and tries keeping me up until the morning.

Connie, I hope that helps out your bloated feeling and with weigh in tomorrow.

Shannon, I don't mind veggies and actually really like some. I'm just terrible at actually making them. Partly a lack of ideas I think. I'm also trying to experiment with some new veggies lately. I really need more in my day than I've been getting.
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    I like raw veggies, most of them. But, when cooked I just can't do it. I think if I can just heat them up but keep their crispness I could be ok, I just need to experiement. I have found that I prefer frozen peas over canned peas. I don't necessarily like them but can eat them in a dish. I am willing to try them, and hubby and kiddos will eat them so they won't go to waste if I don't eat any. Any suggestions out there? I've been told to try brussel sprouts but have no idea how to cook them and no idea if its worth it at all - i've never even been offered brussel sprouts.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    That's what's great about the roasted veggies...you can use up all the not so desireable veggies

I usually put everything in a baking dish, toss in about a teaspoon of olive oil and cook at 400 degrees until they are roasted the way you like them. You can use any veggies you like. The smoked provolone is what makes sandwich.

Today, I make roasted asparagus. I used olive oil, squeezed 1/2 lemon, garlic and parmesean cheese...very yummy

Here a good spinich salad: spinach, strawberries, sliced almonds, goat cheese with Marie's poppy seed dressing...serve with roasted chicken...one of my super favorites.

Brit, I think if you can have your last snack at 7:00 pm...you should be ok

Happy househunting!!!
  • brit1329
    Options
    Ooooh, I got some spinach and was really wanting a tasty salad with some spinach and strawberries. Thank you, I'm hoping we can find something. We are moving about an hour away from where we currently live (very bittersweet move) so it's not really easy for us to get there and look.
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I'm down 1.75 lbs so far ladies with one day to go for me. So lots of water, a massive wallk and low cal all day. I do have a work meeting tonight which means a mega early or late dinner though :ohwell:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I'm down 1.75 lbs so far ladies with one day to go for me. So lots of water, a massive wallk and low cal all day. I do have a work meeting tonight which means a mega early or late dinner though :ohwell:

Faith, I love you more now than ever!!! Super good job on the 1.75, nearly a kilo...eat early if you get the choice