No Alcohol on a weekday!

Options

Replies

• tammylee57
    tammylee57 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I quit drinking alcohol 2 1/2 years ago. To lose weight was my first "motivation".... But soon after stopping I also realized that drinking everyday was not only very high in calories but also very alcohism-like. I abstain completely because: I've lost 45 lbs and kept it off for 2 years and I believe I was alcoholic
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Good for you tammylee57 ! Some people can't just have one drink and it is great that you are taking care of yourself. Congratulations on your weight loss and your new healthy lifestyle.
  • AJMB704
    AJMB704 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Tonight we have a cider dinner that we were invited to, so I will not be alcohol free today. Tomorrow I will, but then Tuesday - Saturday I'm on vacation. Will return to alcohol free next Sunday! Keep it up everyone.
  • ginnyhar
    ginnyhar Posts: 4 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I want to join this group....know I am a late comer but o believe that the calories and the appetite stimulation of alcohol is what is holding me back....count me in for October. Goal....two classes of wine a week....no, not a night but a week....Week 1 begins today.
  • Ginnygirl5
    Ginnygirl5 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I will join you! I like my beer ALOT!!! Living in NM with all the Micros is hard to say no
  • ginnyhar
    Options
    Great....in Arizona myself!!!! Out to dinner tonight at private home....first test!!
  • elizabethymartin
    elizabethymartin Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Love that this group gets bigger everyday! Ftr I drank and drank ALOT Friday but nothing yesterday or today. I never thought in a million years id be down to once a week. I was a daily vodka drinker2-4 pint sized hefty cocktails a day. When I miss it I have a soda water. It actually helps. Oddly. A new week begins...
  • runningforthetrain
    Options
    Weekend is almost over :(( . I had a glass of wine and a cocktail Friday night. Nothing yesterday. Today a vodka , grapefruit soda. I did notice on Saturday after the two drinks Friday eve- not really sure if related- but, I was really tired on Saturday. If I think I am going to have more energy without the cocktails -it is an incentive.

Have fun anna- we won't hold you to any quotas on vacation- especially in New York!- (I think that is where you said you were going)

Welcome ginnyhar and ginnygirl. The area you live in is definitely challenging, especially if drinking artisan beers etc is part of the culture- but, always remember you don't have to give it up completely. - While hoping anyone with a more serious problem with alcohol get professional help.

Great progress elizabeth- only one weekend night drinking- Great!

Have a great week everyone!
  • rachelurner2
    rachelurner2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I desperately need a group like this! I am the same as majority of you folks..high stress job, come home nightly and have a beer or mixed drinks to relax. I will admit I do go way overboard on the weekends with the alcohol.. but I'm 23 eh.. lol but I'd love the motivation to get thru the work nights without have to grab the bottle. I would love to be here to support others as well! :smiley:
  • ginnyhar
    Options
    Had two glasses of white wine at the dinner party last night and drank a bunch of water. Today I looked at my schedule and x'd out all social evenings for this week just to get me on track. Such a habit to have a cocktail at 5, whether I am home or not....just packs the calories on. Love martinis....have a great collection of glasses, this week will fill with soda water and cucumber....wish me luck. Like this group alot!!!!!!!!!!!!! THanks "running"!!
  • elizabethymartin
    elizabethymartin Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Ginny, idk y but I find soda water and cucumber or citrus help me curb it. Feels like a treat in the right way. Plus if I actually think about logging those booze cals (which I've been to afraid to do) it helps to stop me as well. Happy Monday everyone and I raise a glass of lemon water to our sober healthy we'll rested week ahead. Our livers are smiling. Go us.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Ginny, idk y but I find soda water and cucumber or citrus help me curb it. Feels like a treat in the right way. Plus if I actually think about logging those booze cals (which I've been to afraid to do) it helps to stop me as well. Happy Monday everyone and I raise a glass of lemon water to our sober healthy we'll rested week ahead. Our livers are smiling. Go us.

This!! lemon water, cucumber water...it works
  • 15feb
    15feb Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I enjoy my wine at night to unwind and when cooking
  • lizwooshy
    lizwooshy Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I will be joining this for October! Going to try to go Mon-Thursday (or a min of 4 days a week) without any alcohol. Have been slowly increasing my alcohol intake at night and I def notice the effect it has on my weight loss. No good
  • kirstywillia
    kirstywillia Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I've moved onto alcohol free beer haha. Not quite as amazing as real beer but it is my treat these days!
  • needthis2012
    needthis2012 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to join the group as a late Comer as well
  • ginnyhar
    Options
    No alcohol today....pelligrino with lemon in a martini glass!!!! worked
  • icemaiden37
    icemaiden37 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    lizwooshy wrote: »
    I will be joining this for October! Going to try to go Mon-Thursday (or a min of 4 days a week) without any alcohol. Have been slowly increasing my alcohol intake at night and I def notice the effect it has on my weight loss. No good

I can definitely relate! Weight loss is nigh on impossible, even with just a glass of wine a night. ((Sighs))

No wine for me last night. Sparkling water instead.
  • runningforthetrain
    Options
    lizwooshy wrote: »

This is my strategy too because social occasions sometimes fall on week nights --I had a vodka ,soda water tonight. But, after a long hesitation I did answer single instead of double when asked by the bartender! A small victory , but thought it should be noted:)
  • AJMB704
    AJMB704 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    ginnyhar wrote: »
    No alcohol today....pelligrino with lemon in a martini glass!!!! worked

Great job! I had sparkling water myself as well. :)