twilight fanatics challenge! get your vamp on by november 1

Options

Replies

• julesaz
    julesaz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Upped my exercise today with: bootcamp, 30 min on the elliptical machine, and a 70 min walk out in sunny and hot AZ. I have a bajillion calories for dinner at my friend's tonight. Plus I went to the movies and brought a portioned treat (candy blackberries and raspberries) so i wouldn't chomp on the popcorn!
  • imakimm
    imakimm Posts: 839
    Options
    xxjacqueline- Thanks for making the signatures they are really cool! I am new to the site and am having trouble getting my signature to work! Any help would be appreciated!!! Thanks:-)

Love the idea of snacking on fruits! Sadly, my personal trainer said I should only eat one or two pieces of fruit and only have them before lunch:-( I love fruit but have been limiting myself to one a day at breakfast.
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    How do I go about adding one of those pictures to my signature?
  • iwlizz
    iwlizz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    put this, minus spaces in the signature field:

[ img ] http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w124/drumsatdawn/twilight-new-moon-bella-edward-couple.jpg [ / img ]

for this to show up in your sig:
    twilight-new-moon-bella-edward-couple.jpg
  • iwlizz
    Options
    does that help? if not, let me know! I'll see if I can help more!
  • iwlizz
    Options
    How do I go about adding one of those pictures to my signature?

which photo did you want? I can post the coding for you like I did for imakimm?
  • JennyBanker
    JennyBanker Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    can I join still? I have lost 9 bs in 2 weeks.
  • imakimm
    Options
    Thanks!! :-)
  • iwlizz
    Options
    Thanks!! :-)

no problem! Glad it worked for you!
  • xxjacqueline
    xxjacqueline Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm glad that you all like them! If you want anything specific please let me know. I don't mind making them at all! Even if it's not related to the challenge!
  • Mariposa187
    Mariposa187 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    This week's challenge is awesome!!! i decided to give up chocolate (of all forms) for a week! it is my biggest downfall...
  • MsEmmy
    MsEmmy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join this challenge? :flowerforyou:

I read that some people haven't been fully involved and will be removed so can I have one of their places?? I realise this is akin to 'jumping in someone's grave' but given that it is a Twilight challenge, that's probably not a problem :wink:

I'll read through the whole thread later so I can see what I need to do. I'm taking this very seriously - joined nearly 4 weeks ago, exercise every day and have even started C25K.
  • robston
    robston Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    morning all! i'm on my way to charlotte to visit family - it should be a a good time. i'm sort of off my game right now, but according to the scale (at least since the last pound i gained) i've been maintaining, so that's making me feel better - it hasn't gone up anymore since then. i'm struggling because i'm a nanny, and during the school year i don't go into work until 3pm, so i've been a gym rat since last august. my summer hours are 7am to 6pm, so i haven't gotten my summer workout mojo yet - but i'm going to! i hope all of you have a lovely weekend! i've gotten tons of weigh-ins - congrats on so many successes! i'll have the chart and new challenge posted tomorrow - probably a bit later since i'll be out of town, but maybe that will give everyone time to get their weigh ins to me.

MOTION FOR THE TWILIGHT CHALLENGE:

tell me your opinion on this - there are some names on the chart that have been sitting there complacently. i have no starting weight, no goal weight, don't see them on the boards...i feel that if these folks haven't responded by next saturday, then they'll be removed from the challenge.

i'm also thinking that should be a general rule - anyone that misses 2 weigh-ins in a row will be removed. what say you? does that sound like a fair cullen kind of move or an unjust volturi kind of move?

happy weekend! :flowerforyou:

I think this is a VERY fair Cullen kind of move..
  • rissyroo2002
    rissyroo2002 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing today??!!
  • imakimm
    Options

I read that some people haven't been fully involved and will be removed so can I have one of their places?? I realise this is akin to 'jumping in someone's grave' but given that it is a Twilight challenge, that's probably not a problem :wink:

I'll read through the whole thread later so I can see what I need to do. I'm taking this very seriously - joined nearly 4 weeks ago, exercise every day and have even started C25K.

Did you like the C25K? I am doing it next week but can not jog at all! I can run but can not jog:( Any tips?
  • imakimm
    Options
    How is everyone doing today??!!

Hi rissyroo! I can't complain today. I did oversleep and miss my morning spinning class:( but I did fit into my "skinnier" jeans!! They are two sizes smaller so I was very excited about that!

How are you doing?
  • arodriguez2
    arodriguez2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I could be better...had a hectic day yesterday which means no time to pack my lunch, so am seriously lacking veggies in today's meals...not to mention the only thing i had in my office was a cup of ramen noodle soup--> :( But am still under my calories and sodium, and will be doing a quick work out between jobs :)

I am wondering when presale tickets will be available for breaking dawn? any ideas?
  • mlh612
    mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Great words of encouragement , Stacy! Thanks so much for all of your hard work on this challenge.

I had a bad day yesterday thanks to a family reunion, BUT I got right back on track so I'm focusing on the positive.

I'm not much of a snacker these days, so my goal will be to take my lunch to work every day. I've gotten kind of slack about it and if I don't make it at night, it doesn't happen. I can buy salad at work but it is much healthier and cheaper to take my own from home.

Just watched the Breaking Dawn trailer for the first time and all I can say is "Team Edward Breaking the Headboard ALL THE WAY"!!! lol

Love your team name!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • iwlizz
    Options
    I am wondering when presale tickets will be available for breaking dawn? any ideas?

The theater around here starts selling about a month or two in advance. My sister works in the plaza next to the mall, so she sometimes goes over there for her lunch break. I will definitely post in here when she sees a date for the on-sale here... (I live in Western MA).
  • MsEmmy
    MsEmmy Posts: 254 Member
    Options

Did you like the C25K? I am doing it next week but can not jog at all! I can run but can not jog:( Any tips?

I've only done it twice so far. Let me just say that although I have always been quite active, I've never really been good at running and even in high school when I was slim and fit, I was USELESS at running. And high school was a long time ago! First time with C25K I thought my legs were made of lead and could only manage 14-20 seconds of running at a time before I had to stop. So today I made a point of jogging (like not striding or lifting my legs up too high) and I wore better running shoes (my cross trainers) and found I could manage the 30 seconds fine. Also, I jog outside (not on a treadmill) and take one of my dogs on a harness and long lead - safety for me and good exercise for him :) I never thought I would like running but I look forward to it and am really motivated by having more success today.
    I'm sure it's ok to run if you can - they probably suggest jogging for people like me who would see the word 'run' and think 'You are having some kind of laugh?'