Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins I hope you feel better soon. Bronchitis is no joke.

Ditto!

Thanks to both of you. I feel better but not great yet, so I skipped the gym again. I have got to get better. I miss exercise.

I hope you are all better soon.

• CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options

Ditto!

Thanks to both of you. I feel better but not great yet, so I skipped the gym again. I have got to get better. I miss exercise.

NSV? ;)
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    I ad match and coupon every week. There are only a handful of things I will pay full price for. Hence the stock pile, that way I never pay full price by having enough to last me the sale cycles.

Just in case you don't get into other threads on here wanted to let you know that there is now a limited edition Pumpkin Pie Quest Bar.

I bought a box at GNC today & they're 220 calories.

I bought a box on Amazon a couple days ago. They should be here soon!!!

I laughed when the lady at GNC told me they were shipped in a special box & she said they had no idea what was in the box. She said on the box it said open this box & get terminated. Quest is serious about their limited edition products.

Apparently some posters in another thread said Quest changed their recipe & the bars don't taste the same. I must have some of the old bars, because I haven't noticed a taste change yet. Then again the only two bars I usually eat are Cookie Dough & White Chocolate Raspberry.

I work in 3rd party logistics. One of our customers is Apple. The amount of security around the new iPhones shipped to our buildings before they're released is CRAZY!

I remember a colleague worked for a company that shipped out the Harry Potter books as they were released, too. Crazy amount of security around that, too.

We have crazy security building up right now for Primate Animal Liberation Week....I'm SO not looking forward to it. New commissioned officers coming in and stepping all over our turf. But we've heard some chatter and it's well warranted and we're fearing for our animals. It must be done for the safety of our animals! I will protect them, not that they are not capable of defending themselves....Chimps are scary.

No judgment meant. but do you work at a lab that does animal testing?

I work for MD Anderson Cancer Center. Yes, we test on animals. We also care for animals that are abandoned or sick. It's how we've received the majority of our Chimpanzees in our colony.

We also house one of the largest colonies of Rhesus Macaques to be tested clean of the Herpes B virus. We research and house Squirrel Monkeys, Owl Monkeys, Rhesus Macaques, Mice, and Chimps.

The Chimps are used strictly for behavioral studies and that happens very infrequently. One of our researchers, Susan Pavonetti just won an award from the American Society of Primatologists for her work in helping to understand and heal Chimps that have gone through extensive trauma before coming to the Keeling Center.

We have Chimps that were pets, some that were circus entertainers, and some that had been used for extensive testing. We house, I believe, around 140 Chimps at this time. They all have their specific social groups, they all have names, they each, individually, have their own quality of life committee, and when enough spaces are open, we move an entire social group to Chimp Haven if they are eligible.
    We did this a few months back, with Hugo's group, and while it was a sad goodbye, we knew they would be in a good place where they could live out the rest of their lives. Some of us wish they could all go there, but there isn't enough room in Chimp Haven and some of our Chimps require direct human contact for treatments of some of the diseases given to them by other facilities.

Every animal attendant is REQUIRED to learn EVERY Chimps name and face. If you cannot recognize each one within the first two weeks, you're fired. If you work in the Keeling Center, even as a contractor, and you do not receive your 'Chimp Training' for how to deal with a Chimp on excursion, within 3 DAYS of obtaining employment, you're fired. We take their care and safety very seriously.

I do not mind that the facility I work at tests on animals because most of my family has died because of cancer. My mother was one of 10 siblings and there is only her and my Uncle left. My uncle is the oldest at 62. The average life expectancy for women in my family, thanks to cancer, is age 44.
    In addition, I see how these animals are cared for everyday and the efforts we make to educate the public as well as students from other educational facilities. We regularly get tours in from schools and universities.

If you feel like taking a vacation in April, we do an open house where you can see some of the animals, where we house them, and hear about some of the hard work that we do here.

I LOVE animals, truly I do. But I take more issue with fur farms and puppy mills than a facility like ours that tests on animals to find cures for diseases like diabetes, cancer, HIV, and Ebola.

All of April? Or what day
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options

Ditto!

NSV? ;)

I would say this is definitely a NSV!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »

Ditto!

lo

NSV? ;)

I'll call it an NSV when I can take my lunchtime walk without using my rescue inhaler. I am holding off on heavy lifting because I am afraid of hurting myself by either dropping the bar or starting to cough and losing my form.

• kecmw25
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »

Ditto!

lo

NSV? ;)

I'll call it an NSV when I can take my lunchtime walk without using my rescue inhaler. I am holding off on heavy lifting because I am afraid of hurting myself by either dropping the bar or starting to cough and losing my form.

Sorry you're still not feeling well!! Sometimes our bodies take so much longer to heal than we are willing to give them :) Hugs!!
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    This poor thread is beginning to fade out. TWO (2!) posts yesterday. Only 10 the day before. This makes 4 today.

Confession: I want to eat cake for dinner.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    This poor thread is beginning to fade out. TWO (2!) posts yesterday. Only 10 the day before. This makes 4 today.

Do it! I have. More times that I'd like to admit! ;)
    Also- I just finished a salted caramel flavored iced coffee...and thought of you with every sip. Kind of creepy, but true.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

Also- I just finished a salted caramel flavored iced coffee...and thought of you with every sip. Kind of creepy, but true.

I ate popcorn and twizzlers for dinner last night.
    I didn't want to adult.

Tonight, I have to dine with the customer, so I did the adult thing and skipped lunch.
    Yeah, I really stink at adulting lately.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Sounds good to me.

I confess for Breakfast I had two large cookies that totaled around 800 calories.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options

It's ok, I had Talenti for dinner last night....... you can make it fit.....or spread it out over a few days.... :D
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options

I didn't want to adult.

Tonight, I have to dine with the customer, so I did the adult thing and skipped lunch.

i never ever want to adult :/
  • kecmw25
    Options
    I am eating a sandwich, carrot sticks and cottage cheese as we speak for lunch and between you guys and Susie's cheesecake, it's making me sad
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

What kind? I could go for cake for dinner.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »

I didn't want to adult.

After my last jury session, I refuse to adult. I do promise not to use my firearms and to only take my prescription drugs until I do feel like adulting again. Drugs and guns are such a poor mix...even when the same people aren't using them. I have sent two people to jail in the last six weeks because of drug impaired judgment. Sigh....glad jury duty is over for me for at least two years. It's interesting, but not what I want in a full time job.
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    I love the amount of support there is for cake for dinner.

As long as that cake is properly logged. :D
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

I didn't want to adult.

After my last jury session, I refuse to adult. I do promise not to use my firearms and to only take my prescription drugs until I do feel like adulting again. Drugs and guns are such a poor mix...even when the same people aren't using them. I have sent two people to jail in the last six weeks because of drug impaired judgment. Sigh....glad jury duty is over for me for at least two years. It's interesting, but not what I want in a full time job.
    Count me in with not wanting to adult! I remember classmates in middle school talking about wanting to adult. Just thinking about the future kept me up at night.

• marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I had ice cream and cookies for breakfast today and mini milk ways bars for lunch.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

I didn't want to adult.

Count me in with not wanting to adult! I remember classmates in middle school talking about wanting to adult. Just thinking about the future kept me up at night.
    I am a 10 year old trapped in an adult body.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

I didn't want to adult.

I was just thinking this too :(