quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    sybabe35 wrote: »
    October 11, 2015--Day 1: Walked 2.36 miles in 47 minutes

Nice!
  • ariffianti
    ariffianti Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hai guys , , can I still join the challenge ?
    I know ,is kind late :-( :-(
    But I know I can do it , , will start my first day tmr ,
  • RedSuki
    RedSuki Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi! Finally back home. We went to visit my boyfriend's parents for the weekend and every time we do that my workout and diet regime flies out the window! So my only exercise was dog walking...3 days of eating home made baked goods and slow dog walking...Anyway today I'm back on track! 45 min of hard core Insanity workout hell yeah day 17!
  • RedSuki
    RedSuki Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Day 21 my final long run before the race. So a 11.68 mile run first thing this morning. Which was lovely. I love early morning running when the air is clean and fresh . :)

Great work everyone :) your alley doing fantastic.

hahahah I refer to my 6 mile runs as "I almost died 6 times" and you say your 11 mile run was "lovely" ;)
  • quiltlovinlisa
    Options
    47 minutes with warm up, upper body strength and cool down. Oh and 10 minutes of high impact aerobics in the middle to burn some extra calories! It was nice!
  • axesesh
    axesesh Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    RedSuki wrote: »
    Day 21 my final long run before the race. So a 11.68 mile run first thing this morning. Which was lovely. I love early morning running when the air is clean and fresh . :)

Great work everyone :) your alley doing fantastic.

hahahah I refer to my 6 mile runs as "I almost died 6 times" and you say your 11 mile run was "lovely" ;)

I know! Isn't she amazing?
  • axesesh
    Options
    47 minutes with warm up, upper body strength and cool down. Oh and 10 minutes of high impact aerobics in the middle to burn some extra calories! It was nice!

That's great.
  • axesesh
    Options
    Day 22: jillian's br workout 4
  • quiltlovinlisa
    Options
    Thanks axesesh. :)

On the running conversation, I can't run around the block without setting off my asthma, so kuddos to all that run, be it six miles or eleven miles.
  • BethWilliams24
    BethWilliams24 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Day 2, walked 2.1 miles...

I have a hectic life - anyone have any tips for ways to move more??
  • randomsue
    randomsue Posts: 179 Member
    Options

You can take the stairs instead of the elevator, park at the far end of the parking lot, do a 1 month challenge like this (arm challenge, plank, ab, just do it every day) Instead of sitting while waiting, stand. Take a walk during your lunch hour. Just move. That's the thing I hear from every trainer/class instructor at the gym, doctor, etc. Just move! Lol

There's alot of free apps that you can do HIIT that only takes a few minutes to do and very little to no equipment. A great way to get going is to wake up in the morning, do those exercises before your shower and start your day from there.

But, you have to treat your exercise like you would any important thing. You have to decide what you will do everyday or maybe 3x a week (you decide) and block that time for it. You wouldn't make an appointment during the time of a running appointment, would you? (Physical therapy, allergy shots ) Nope. Treat it the same way. Good luck!
  • Speyder
    Speyder Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Did my go to the gym again today bc I have my monthly visor which I haven't had in a couple of months so I just walked around the shop at work a lot and burned calories. at least I was miving :)
  • Speyder
    Speyder Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    ariffianti wrote: »
    Hai guys , , can I still join the challenge ?
    I know ,is kind late :-( :-(
    But I know I can do it , , will start my first day tmr ,

It is never too late!! Welcome :D
  • WillsRN
    WillsRN Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Day 20 & 21: walks are faster & still cover 2 miles. Several flights of stairs today, and even More tomorrow! Feel great!

Great going all! I get so inspired to move more everyday by your posts.
  • ariffianti
    Options
    1st day : 50 mins RPM class, 30 mins level 1 Jillian Michael program + 100 rep air squat , , :-)
  • BethWilliams24
    BethWilliams24 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    randomsue wrote: »

You can take the stairs instead of the elevator, park at the far end of the parking lot, do a 1 month challenge like this (arm challenge, plank, ab, just do it every day) Instead of sitting while waiting, stand. Take a walk during your lunch hour. Just move. That's the thing I hear from every trainer/class instructor at the gym, doctor, etc. Just move! Lol

There's alot of free apps that you can do HIIT that only takes a few minutes to do and very little to no equipment. A great way to get going is to wake up in the morning, do those exercises before your shower and start your day from there.

But, you have to treat your exercise like you would any important thing. You have to decide what you will do everyday or maybe 3x a week (you decide) and block that time for it. You wouldn't make an appointment during the time of a running appointment, would you? (Physical therapy, allergy shots ) Nope. Treat it the same way. Good luck!

Thank you for this! Motivated me for the day!
  • sybabe35
    sybabe35 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    October 12, 2015 Day 2: 1.56 miles in 33 minutes

I planned on walking another 15 minutes and 10 minutes of core exercises, but went home sick and had to rest :-/

Hopefully I can still get some long distance running in the rest of this week.
  • ariffianti
    Options
    sybabe35 wrote: »
    October 12, 2015 Day 2: 1.56 miles in 33 minutes

I planned on walking another 15 minutes and 10 minutes of core exercises, but went home sick and had to rest :-/

Hopefully I can still get some long distance running in the rest of this week.

Get well soon :-)