Can I also get a copy of that pamphlete please? Veronica4ch@yahoo.com
  • enriquez18
    enriquez18 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Can I also get a copy of that pamphlete please? Veronica4ch@yahoo.com
  • kamory
    kamory Posts: 2
    Options
    One of our favorite recipes is to put a whole frozen chicken in the crockpot, turn it on low & let it cook all day! You will not believe how tender & flavorful it will be. It makes quite a bit of stock which I freeze to use later. Just watch out for the smaller bones they too get really tender, and Oh the skin will pull right off w/o effort! You will need two lg spoons to get it out with. Enjoy!
  • Crizelda
    Crizelda Posts: 5
    Options
    ColemanM,

I didn't post the question; however, I would love to take a look at the recipes from you nutritionist. Will you share them with me?

gr8pie@yahoo.com

Thanks!
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jmlrda
    jmlrda Posts: 1
    Options
    Can you please send me a copy at jmlrda@ yahoo.com. Thank you!!
  • R_mageddon
    R_mageddon Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I would like a copy of your slow cooker pamphlet please. kbanzhaf@nebnet.net

Also, my favorite crockpot recipe is Chicken Enchiladas. It is as follows:

Crockpot Chicken Enchildas

4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    8 oz cream cheese
    2 cans enchilda sauce, red or green
    tortilla shells
    shredded cheddar cheese

Place chicken breasts in crockpot, and smother with one can of enchilda sauce and the cream cheese (I just leave it in a block and dump the enchilda sauce on top). Cook on low all day. When ready to prepare meal, stir the chicken well....it will just fall into pieces, and the cheese and enchilda sauce get mixed together. It kind of looks disgusting, but I promise it tastes good.

Spread chicken mixture down the center of softshell tortillas, and roll up. Place seam side down in a 9 x 13 inch casserole pan. You can fit six enchildas in the pan. Pour second can of enchilda sauce on top and cover with shredded cheddar cheese. Bake at 325-350° until heated through, approximately 30 minutes. If you make these ahead of time, you will need to bake longer.

Serve with lettuce, more shredded cheese, sour cream, black olives, etc. to your taste.

The leftover chicken mixture makes great chicken tacos, and this recipe freezes well. You can use low-fat or non-fat cream cheese and whole grain tortillas to make it healthier.

I do this too but also add corn and black beans in the crock pot. Makes it a bit heartier without a tonne of added calories, adds some fiber and also allows for left overs or if you're having company, a larger batch. I usually freeze the left over filling for a quick meal or snack later.
  • taylorlw20
    taylorlw20 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have a great 24 page pamphlet of great recipes and tips when it comes to using your slow cooker that I received from my nutritionist a year or so ago. What is really nice about it, is she has included the nutrition facts for the recipes so you know how many servings there are and the contents of each serving!

If you would like me to send it to you, just give me an email address and I would gladly forward it.

Here is my latest favorite crockpot dessert:

Apple Sauce

Core peell ( I suppose you don't have to if you don't mind the peel) and slice a variety of apples (you can use whatever kinds you like I personally use about 5 different types in mine) - enough apples to fill the crockpot that you are using

Throw in some lemon juice and cinnamon/all spice/apple pie seasoning/nutmeg whatever you prefer

Turn that bad boy on and let her go on high for a few hours or low for a few more until the apples are as soft as you prefer them to be, I let mine go til they are mush, but some others I know prefer a more chunky apple sauce so they don't let it go as long.

If you don't want to add lemon juice a little bit of water can be added if you like instead

I use some sweet and some sour apples and I find that this combo requires NO added sugar and is plenty sweet (more golden delicious apples yum) :)

ENJOY

Could you tell me how you usually put of your spices? I know it'll all depend on the size of the crockpot and how many apples are used, but I'm not a very good cook nor good at judgement on these types of things. If you could just give me a rough estimate I'd enjoy it! Thanks!
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I have a great 24 page pamphlet of great recipes and tips when it comes to using your slow cooker that I received from my nutritionist a year or so ago. What is really nice about it, is she has included the nutrition facts for the recipes so you know how many servings there are and the contents of each serving!

ENJOY

I would also love a copy of your phamphlet please thanks=)

kylahg@gmail.com
  • Druding
    Druding Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi,

Would love a copy of those recipes, too - thanks!

druding@gmail.com
  • charelaine
    charelaine Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind, I would also like a copy of the booklet. jloines@charter.net

Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • seearainbow
    seearainbow Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    yum yum! thanks for the recipes!
  • bnewnam
    bnewnam Posts: 15
    Options
    I would love a copy as well bonnienewman@ferus.ca:)
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    bump
  • deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Bump for later ... Sounds scrummy !!!
  • dizzyd1951
    Options
    Hi, would love a copy of your slow cooker recipes please my email is denise.gutteridge@googlemail.com. thank you so much smile x
  • Lholford
    Lholford Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    The Crockpot Enchilada recipe sounds really yummy. Just an FYI for everyone, I added this recipe to recipe software and here are the stats:

Using fat free cream cheese, 1 cup shredded 2% cheese, 6 chicken breasts 4.8 ounces each (about 1 3/4 pounds), 6 flour tortillas, and 2 10-ounces cans of red enchilada sauce:

Calories 415
    Total Fat 13g
    Cholesteral 84mg
    Sodium 1227mg
    Carbs 32g
    Fiber 0g
    Sugar 1g
    Protein 40g

I can hardly wait to try it!
  • Ellastrong
    Ellastrong Posts: 64 Member
    Options