Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Well not ALL of the county is on fire....

Our South gate at Smithville campus is totally eff'd. The whole area is on fire and we are JUST NOW being informed that some of our fire hydrants don't work.
    Currently no buildings threatened but that may change.
    Wind is picking up. Fire is 30-40% contained.
    They are currently splitting the crew so half of them can get some sleep.
    I am feeling all KINDS of anxious because there is a problem and I can not fix it and I just see EVERYTHING going wrong and the whole campus going up in flames and all of our research being lost.
    I am like a ticking time bomb for cancer here. I am only waiting for WHEN I get cancer, not if given my genetic history. People like me NEED scientists doing studies and research. This is mucking up the whole thing.
    I will not hold myself accountable for the grief bacon I may or may not consume while staying up all night and listening to the radio and watching my camera as the South gate to one of my campuses goes up in flames.

/temporarily end rant

I am safe. The campus has been evacuated(well everyone except the mice). My family is so close to the Bastrop Campus that they are on stand by for bringing in food and supplies for the officers to take as needed.
    *kitten* we've just had an explosion! *kitten*!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    We have fire at the Smithville Campus. Both the South and North gates are ablaze at this time. There was an explosion and we are having an issue with wind changes and this fire is MOVING. Could use all the hopes and prayers you can muster to save our educational and research facility in Smithville. The threat to many homes is growing as the fire continues to grow.
    It is jumping roads and climbing the hill to lab 4.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    We have fire at the Smithville Campus. Both the South and North gates are ablaze at this time. There was an explosion and we are having an issue with wind changes and this fire is MOVING. Could use all the hopes and prayers you can muster to save our educational and research facility in Smithville. The threat to many homes is growing as the fire continues to grow.

Hugs. Fire is scary stuff. I was in Malibu during a bad fire. I hope all is safe and well. Take good care. Xoxox. Thinking of you.
  • madigan731
    madigan731 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'd love to go through each of the posts for some validation - I did read the first page and it made me feel a lot better. So... confession: I'm finishing off an emo-eating binge. Three brownies, a couple of apples and about half a jar of peanut butter. And somehow, I still came in under my calorie limit. Go figure. Apples + PB = my kryptonite.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    UPDATE: Still have Texas Parks and Wildlife Service and Fire department on campus. Several spot fires on and around the campus. Anticipated shift change at approximately 0500, they will be bringing in more equipment and personnel to deal with the spot fires at that time.
    The Campus is much safer than it was at this point.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Someone evil brought in girl scout cookies today. I've already eaten 5 :scream:

What kind?

The mint ones. In Canada (as far as I know) we only get mint ones in the fall, then in the spring it's a combo box with the vanilla & chocolate filled ones.

I realized I typed Girl Scouts, but I guess it's Girl Guides, right?

That's why I'm safe until the spring. I only like the vanilla ones.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    UPDATE: Still have Texas Parks and Wildlife Service and Fire department on campus. Several spot fires on and around the campus. Anticipated shift change at approximately 0500, they will be bringing in more equipment and personnel to deal with the spot fires at that time.

That's good to see! I was trying to find news but everything was hours out of date.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

Our South gate at Smithville campus is totally eff'd. The whole area is on fire and we are JUST NOW being informed that some of our fire hydrants don't work.
    I am feeling all KINDS of anxious because there is a problem and I can not fix it and I just see EVERYTHING going wrong and the whole campus going up in flames and all of our research being lost.
    I am like a ticking time bomb for cancer here. I am only waiting for WHEN I get cancer, not if given my genetic history. People like me NEED scientists doing studies and research. This is mucking up the whole thing.
    I will not hold myself accountable for the grief bacon I may or may not consume while staying up all night and listening to the radio and watching my camera as the South gate to one of my campuses goes up in flames.

/temporarily end rant

I am safe. The campus has been evacuated(well everyone except the mice). My family is so close to the Bastrop Campus that they are on stand by for bringing in food and supplies for the officers to take as needed.

Wow. You be careful. And big hugs.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    madigan731 wrote: »
    I'd love to go through each of the posts for some validation - I did read the first page and it made me feel a lot better. So... confession: I'm finishing off an emo-eating binge. Three brownies, a couple of apples and about half a jar of peanut butter. And somehow, I still came in under my calorie limit. Go figure. Apples + PB = my kryptonite.

We've all done it. The food isn't the kryptonite. The emotions behind the eating are the problem. I ate peanut butter and brown sugar from a bowl at one point this week because it was. GF and available. Grief peanut butter - again. It's okay, occasionally.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    That's good, but you keep safe and I will keep praying.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

/temporarily end rant

Hugs! I am hoping everything is contained & safe now! Glad to hear your family is willing to bring in supplies & food to help out the officers.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options

Glad to hear things are safer. Hopefully by now, it is completely contained. How scary for you! Take care!!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    @lilaclovebird So sad to hear of fires in your area again- so much devastation the last time I went through there. One of my favorite parts of the state!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    First post for the 13th I think. :)

Anyway, I have to go out to lunch and bowling with co-workers today for "team building." I'm not looking forward to it...

I hate team building. Just let me work. They made us have a team photo taken last week. It was for a retiring coworker or I would have told them to shove it.

I'll do it if it gets me out of the office! We had an "employee appreciation week" over the summer. We'll also have United Way week later this month. Not much work gets done at the office those weeks...

Of course, next week there's a Cricket tournament during one afternoon. Um, I don't even know the rules of Cricket. I suppose I'll pass...

I'm on the "Social Committee" in my office (voluntold, not by choice) and I think it's kind of the worst. I don't mind organizing the Christmas hamper donations/Food Bank volunteer work and that sort of thing, because it benefits people, but most of the potlucks/lunches/activities just seem like...if people wanted to do that stuff they could do it without it being formally organized, I guess. I like my coworkers but I don't like them any better after being forced to play weird office games or whatever. Charity stuff is one thing but the random parties and games and stuff are not for me.

YES!! It's always so awkward. And, I never take part in the potlucks. I don't know how sanitary these people are when they cook.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

Oh yikes. Stay safe.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options

Anyway, I have to go out to lunch and bowling with co-workers today for "team building." I'm not looking forward to it...

I hate team building. Just let me work. They made us have a team photo taken last week. It was for a retiring coworker or I would have told them to shove it.

I'm the same. My coworkers were kinda mad at me but I was just like I'd rather just work and then go home. I don't want to have to go hang out with everyone. I was in a bad mood, my eye hurt (I think I got something in it so my contact was bothering me all day-I'm in glasses today because my eye is now red) and I couldn't bowl because of my knee injury from April so I just sat there anyway. They were giving me grief and saying I was using it as an excuse but I wasn't. I really am terrified of my knee being hurt again especially since my boyfriend just messed his knee up last week. We don't both need to be injured at the same time...

The only good thing was we got to have a couple drinks and I got some sparkly water bracelets to use with my halloween costume (80s) since I was able to play games at the arcade area.

I ate too much at lunch. I was going to get a salad but then got a hamburger instead because everyone else was getting good food. Then since I felt like I already ruined my day, I got a couple cupcakes on the way home. No excuses just being dumb...
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    We survived the funeral. My boys and husband were pall bearers. I am proud of them. It's a hard thing to do as a teenager. It was.so strange. The MIL and the aunt decided they didn't want me to sing, so I didn't. Memaw will just have to haunt them for changing her funeral plan. I don't think it's worth the fight, personally.

:( Sorry about this. I feel bad for you guys.
  • FroggyBug
    Options

I'll do it if it gets me out of the office! We had an "employee appreciation week" over the summer. We'll also have United Way week later this month. Not much work gets done at the office those weeks...

Of course, next week there's a Cricket tournament during one afternoon. Um, I don't even know the rules of Cricket. I suppose I'll pass...

I'm on the "Social Committee" in my office (voluntold, not by choice) and I think it's kind of the worst. I don't mind organizing the Christmas hamper donations/Food Bank volunteer work and that sort of thing, because it benefits people, but most of the potlucks/lunches/activities just seem like...if people wanted to do that stuff they could do it without it being formally organized, I guess. I like my coworkers but I don't like them any better after being forced to play weird office games or whatever. Charity stuff is one thing but the random parties and games and stuff are not for me.

^Yep. Thanks guys, you make me feel less weird. Everyone here acted like I was crazy...
  • FroggyBug
    Options

This is so scary. I really hope as much was/is saved as possible. I'm looking up information right now since I hadn't heard anything about this.
  • FroggyBug
    Options

YES!! It's always so awkward. And, I never take part in the potlucks. I don't know how sanitary these people are when they cook.

Haha you sound like me. :) I RARELY take part in potlucks either. I also hate when people bring in food that their kids helped make. I never eat that. Yuck. This usually happens around the holidays. I'll leave the food for someone else.