Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    My husband's grandmother died yesterday. She was 95. Don't let the thread die while I am adulting through a funeral at which I was asked years ago to sing. I'll try to pop in anyway, but I don't even know when the funeral is yet.

We are NOT letting this thread die!

This thread will run foooooooooooorrrrrrreeeeeeeeveeeeeeeeer, foooooooooooreeeeeeeeeever, fooooooooooooooreeeeeeeeeeeeeeever.

sandlot-forever-o.gif
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    First post for the 13th I think. :)

Anyway, I have to go out to lunch and bowling with co-workers today for "team building." I'm not looking forward to it...
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »

Anyway, I have to go out to lunch and bowling with co-workers today for "team building." I'm not looking forward to it...

Has to be better than being at work, right? Have fun! (I'd love it if we got to do something like that!)
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    My husband's grandmother died yesterday. She was 95. Don't let the thread die while I am adulting through a funeral at which I was asked years ago to sing. I'll try to pop in anyway, but I don't even know when the funeral is yet.

Sorry for your loss
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »

Has to be better than being at work, right? Have fun! (I'd love it if we got to do something like that!)

Sort of. I have to stay late for this as well (1 hour). I'd rather go home at my regular time. :(
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »

Sort of. I have to stay late for this as well (1 hour). I'd rather go home at my regular time. :(

I hate having to stay later than my shift for work activities.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    Someone evil brought in girl scout cookies today. I've already eaten 5 :scream:
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

What kind?
  • ShibaEars
    edited October 2015
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »

What kind?

The mint ones. In Canada (as far as I know) we only get mint ones in the fall, then in the spring it's a combo box with the vanilla & chocolate filled ones.

I realized I typed Girl Scouts, but I guess it's Girl Guides, right?
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »

We are NOT letting this thread die!

I knew I could count on you POF!! It's funny how the thread is really slow for a few days and then it picks up for a few. I can tell when my Confession friends are busy IRL.

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

I hate team building. Just let me work. They made us have a team photo taken last week. It was for a retiring coworker or I would have told them to shove it.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Hmmm..GS Cookies come in February here. I miss real shortbread cookies. They just aren't the same GF.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    We survived the funeral. My boys and husband were pall bearers. I am proud of them. It's a hard thing to do as a teenager. It was.so strange. The MIL and the aunt decided they didn't want me to sing, so I didn't. Memaw will just have to haunt them for changing her funeral plan. I don't think it's worth the fight, personally.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    We survived the funeral. My boys and husband were pall bearers. I am proud of them. It's a hard thing to do as a teenager. It was.so strange. The MIL and the aunt decided they didn't want me to sing, so I didn't. Memaw will just have to haunt them for changing her funeral plan. I don't think it's worth the fight, personally.

Just sing your song for Memaw without them! I remember my brothers being pall bearers for my grandmother's funeral when we were teens. Very tough.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    In other news, there was no cheesecake, but there were cheese grits and sweet potato casserole Comfort food for my Southern soul.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

I hate team building. Just let me work. They made us have a team photo taken last week. It was for a retiring coworker or I would have told them to shove it.

I'll do it if it gets me out of the office! We had an "employee appreciation week" over the summer. We'll also have United Way week later this month. Not much work gets done at the office those weeks...

Of course, next week there's a Cricket tournament during one afternoon. Um, I don't even know the rules of Cricket. I suppose I'll pass...
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

I'll do it if it gets me out of the office! We had an "employee appreciation week" over the summer. We'll also have United Way week later this month. Not much work gets done at the office those weeks...

Of course, next week there's a Cricket tournament during one afternoon. Um, I don't even know the rules of Cricket. I suppose I'll pass...

I'm on the "Social Committee" in my office (voluntold, not by choice) and I think it's kind of the worst. I don't mind organizing the Christmas hamper donations/Food Bank volunteer work and that sort of thing, because it benefits people, but most of the potlucks/lunches/activities just seem like...if people wanted to do that stuff they could do it without it being formally organized, I guess. I like my coworkers but I don't like them any better after being forced to play weird office games or whatever. Charity stuff is one thing but the random parties and games and stuff are not for me.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

I'm on the "Social Committee" in my office (voluntold, not by choice) and I think it's kind of the worst. I don't mind organizing the Christmas hamper donations/Food Bank volunteer work and that sort of thing, because it benefits people, but most of the potlucks/lunches/activities just seem like...if people wanted to do that stuff they could do it without it being formally organized, I guess. I like my coworkers but I don't like them any better after being forced to play weird office games or whatever. Charity stuff is one thing but the random parties and games and stuff are not for me.

You can't see me nodding, but I am.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

You can't see me nodding, but I am.

So am I.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Hi main thread! I'm about a million posts behind so zero chance of catching up, but thought I'd popover and see what's happening :)