Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I can't get into the batcave!! And I actually have time to catch up :(:(:(

Bummer...no Supper bummer
    Hope it changes soon can I do anything to help
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I can't get into the batcave!! And I actually have time to catch up :(:(:(

Bummer...no Supper bummer
    Hope it changes soon can I do anything to help

So..... Maybe not super bummer
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    My husband's grandmother died yesterday. She was 95. Don't let the thread die while I am adulting through a funeral at which I was asked years ago to sing. I'll try to pop in anyway, but I don't even know when the funeral is yet.

Very sorry for your family's loss
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    My husband's grandmother died yesterday. She was 95. Don't let the thread die while I am adulting through a funeral at which I was asked years ago to sing. I'll try to pop in anyway, but I don't even know when the funeral is yet.

Hugs!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I need cheesecake. Death brings out every dysfunction in a family. Off to get haircuts for my boys.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Confession: I have zero regrets about my Ren Faire food adventure today, and am actually considering making popcorn right now.
    so what did you eat and drink

Yea and any pictures?
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options

Sorry for the loss. I saw your comment in the other thread but really didn't know what to say. It just sounds terrible!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Thanks all for your condolences. You all are the best.
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Confession: I have zero regrets about my Ren Faire food adventure today, and am actually considering making popcorn right now.

Yea and any pictures?

No pictures since none of it was exactly pretty. I had two cups of hot spiced cider, lunch was a cheesesteak and home-brewed birch beer (a Ren Faire staple) because lines were insane at some of the more exciting places, but I also had Irish nachos (potato chips/thin fries with cheddar, sour cream and chives). And then I ate an entire apple strudel with salted caramel ice cream. :p
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I need cheesecake. Death brings out every dysfunction in a family. Off to get haircuts for my boys.

Sorry for your loss
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I can't stop eating all the chocolate today. I've had an awesome piece of dark chocolate, a chocolate chip cookie, and a piece of chocolate cake, as well as chocolate creamer in my coffee! :neutral:
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I can't stop eating all the chocolate today. I've had an awesome piece of dark chocolate, a chocolate chip cookie, and a piece of chocolate cake, as well as chocolate creamer in my coffee! :neutral:

Sounds like a great day!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »

Yea and any pictures?

No pictures since none of it was exactly pretty. I had two cups of hot spiced cider, lunch was a cheesesteak and home-brewed birch beer (a Ren Faire staple) because lines were insane at some of the more exciting places, but I also had Irish nachos (potato chips/thin fries with cheddar, sour cream and chives). And then I ate an entire apple strudel with salted caramel ice cream. :p

Irish nachos...i could go for that, even if I did marry a Welsh guy.
  • Em_in_Training
    Em_in_Training Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been super on track all year except for the past 3 months I was in a play. It was all high-energy, dancing, jumping, lifting other dancers etc. It took ALL MY TIME. I was at work from 9-5 and play rehearsal from 6-10 every night. So, I decided the best way to get the calories and protein I needed was to eat a fast food hamburger every night before rehearsal (because I was too lazy to plan ahead and pack my own dinner!)
    I easily maintained my weight for those 3 months even with all the junk I was eating thanks to the amount of movement the play required, but I immediately noticed the negative consequences following closing night.
    I took a break and almost immediately slid right back into old habits of not counting my calories or doing any exercise. I told myself I deserved a break but it has just taught me that I can't give an inch or I'll take a mile (or ten).
    Don't get me wrong, I had SO much fun taking part in the play. It definitely made me live outside my normal comfort zone and I made a TON of new friends. However, it's time to get my act back together. I'm back on track drinking tons of water and cutting out the fast food and am upping my daily activities and feeling more like myself.
    Here's to constant vigilance and a reminder to myself that I LIKE being active! (Ugh, why is it so hard to remember that some mornings?)
  • whipkey80
    whipkey80 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    I can't do any type of jumping jacks or running without my belly smacking the top of my thighs. It's really embarrassing. Going to talk to a surgeon about a panniculectomy. Three kids and yo-yoing between 140 and 252 a few times wrecked my belly.

I started my weight loss journey heavier than the 252 I know the pain!! I am down 30lbs but I think I'm going to look for some sort of tummy wrap to help hold it in while I'm in the fitness classes... It is a pain.. Hopefully one day I will be down enough weight to also talk to my dr. about having the surgery to remove the skin..
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I've been super on track all year except for the past 3 months I was in a play. It was all high-energy, dancing, jumping, lifting other dancers etc. It took ALL MY TIME. I was at work from 9-5 and play rehearsal from 6-10 every night. So, I decided the best way to get the calories and protein I needed was to eat a fast food hamburger every night before rehearsal (because I was too lazy to plan ahead and pack my own dinner!)
    I easily maintained my weight for those 3 months even with all the junk I was eating thanks to the amount of movement the play required, but I immediately noticed the negative consequences following closing night.
    I took a break and almost immediately slid right back into old habits of not counting my calories or doing any exercise. I told myself I deserved a break but it has just taught me that I can't give an inch or I'll take a mile (or ten).
    Don't get me wrong, I had SO much fun taking part in the play. It definitely made me live outside my normal comfort zone and I made a TON of new friends. However, it's time to get my act back together. I'm back on track drinking tons of water and cutting out the fast food and am upping my daily activities and feeling more like myself.
    Here's to constant vigilance and a reminder to myself that I LIKE being active! (Ugh, why is it so hard to remember that some mornings?)

Constant vigilance. Not that I am practicing what I preach this week. Or even the last month. I vow to be back in the gym after the funeral tomorrow.

• CountessKitteh
    Options

It's normal to fall off the wagon a bit. I've found I have to stop thinking of this as something I'm doing "until I get to goal" and rather something I'm teaching myself to do for the rest of my life, so it's okay to have an extra cookie now and then, but I can't go crazy because I now understand that's how all the unwanted weight got there in the first place. And it's totally not going to help me learn to arm balance in yoga. ;)
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

It's normal to fall off the wagon a bit. I've found I have to stop thinking of this as something I'm doing "until I get to goal" and rather something I'm teaching myself to do for the rest of my life, so it's okay to have an extra cookie now and then, but I can't go crazy because I now understand that's how all the unwanted weight got there in the first place. And it's totally not going to help me learn to arm balance in yoga. ;)

I totally agree with this. Its a lifestyle change. And when I have cheesecake, etc. its not an invitation to just eat everything under the sun. Gain a few...focus on losing it immediately. It creeps on fast, it falls off really slowly!
  • Oberon21
    Options

Cheesecake makes everything better. One more day and then you can return to a more 'normal' situation. And hopefully move beyond the sadly lacking MIL.
  • Oberon21
    Options

We are NOT letting this thread die!