Has anyone found love on MFP?

Options

Replies

• MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Infidelity sucks...it says so much about a person's character...I get the casual flirting we see/do....but actual LIVE cheating, does that go on here? as in...people actually hookup? And to think, I came here to log my calories..lol

I don't even condone the flirting, isn't that also what a significant other; is for?
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Infidelity sucks...it says so much about a person's character...I get the casual flirting we see/do....but actual LIVE cheating, does that go on here? as in...people actually hookup? And to think, I came here to log my calories..lol

I don't even condone the flirting, isn't that also what a significant other; is for?

Absolutely
  • JustMissTracy
    Options

Absolutely

flirting with hubbs? mmmm the only flirt will be what's for dinner! lol

LOL! You are HILARIOUS! I flirt with hubs..every Saturday nite for 21 years...he loves it ;) and to my knowledge, has no desire to go elsewhere..
  • JustMissTracy
    edited October 2015
    Options
    That's just it...a guy once told me "Its not about finding better...it's about finding DIFFERENT"....I didn't like to hear it, but I understood it. Doesn't matter how hot the person seems, they are someone else's pain in the *kitten*....
  • GETU1N
    GETU1N Posts: 1,811 Member
    Options
    Jessyd76 wrote: »
    GETU1N wrote: »
    Oh s#!t!!!... Here I was thinking this was a Ons fitness app!!!

+1 - I can't believe I just read this entire thread. :flushed:

Why thank you for your time strange lady
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    dnunny70 wrote: »
    I wouldn't think of MFP as a place to meet someone to cheat with. I know it happens. I was on another site for support (my ex cheated on me) and one of betrayed spouses wrote that her spouse found the person on MFP. I was surprised. A few more chimed in and said they know of cheating spouses that found the affair-mate on MFP.

Of course I can not speak to the specific incidents you are mentioning, but I can tell you that these things are common on all Fitness sites that have a social networking aspect to them. I would say in most cases, the people involved in these affairs did not join the site with cheating in mind.

So why does it happen?

You have both men & women that are starting to feel better about their bodies. The compliments they receive from their friends help with that. They find that they receive more encouragement here than they do from their significant other, that might not even taken interest in their lifestyle change. Feeling better about their appearance and receiving compliments for it can also reignite a sex drive that was low or non existent. Before they know it, they are interacting with someone in a way they had never intended.

Think you just nailed most of it .
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,277 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't think of MFP as a place to meet someone to cheat with. I know it happens. I was on another site for support (my ex cheated on me) and one of betrayed spouses wrote that her spouse found the person on MFP. I was surprised. A few more chimed in and said they know of cheating spouses that found the affair-mate on MFP.

Of course I can not speak to the specific incidents you are mentioning, but I can tell you that these things are common on all Fitness sites that have a social networking aspect to them. I would say in most cases, the people involved in these affairs did not join the site with cheating in mind.

So why does it happen?

You have both men & women that are starting to feel better about their bodies. The compliments they receive from their friends help with that. They find that they receive more encouragement here than they do from their significant other, that might not even taken interest in their lifestyle change. Feeling better about their appearance and receiving compliments for it can also reignite a sex drive that was low or non existent. Before they know it, they are interacting with someone in a way they had never intended.

Well put. Makes absolute sense.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,277 Member
    Options
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    Don't give your partner a reason to leave and they wont.

This! +1

Yeahhhh...not always the case, in my experience.

But if people remained the same fun, attractive, mentally and phsyically satisfying person they were at the beginning of a relationship, throughout the relationship, infidelity numbers would drop drastically.

Instead, people get out of shape, boring, and disinterested in sex - leaving their partners to find the things they once loved in them, elsewhere.
  • _fitness4life_
    _fitness4life_ Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    Don't give your partner a reason to leave and they wont.

This! +1

Yeahhhh...not always the case, in my experience.

But if people remained the same fun, attractive, mentally and physically satisfying person they were at the beginning of a relationship, throughout the relationship, infidelity numbers would drop drastically.

Instead, people get out of shape, boring, and disinterested in sex - leaving their partners to find the things they once loved in them, elsewhere.

I agree here 100%, it isn't always easy to do depending at what stage of your life you are in but my marriage has improved 1000x since I lost weight and refocused my energy on keeping things fresh with the hubby. I am able to do that now that the kids are older and don't need my constant attention. This was not easy to do when I was knees deep into parenting and working. There just wasn't enough time in the day or fuel in the engine to get it all done. Kudos to those that manage it all in stride.
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options

So why does it happen?

Winning comment.
    This thread is super depressing. And clearly not going the direction the OP intended.
  • melmelw03
    Options
    melmelw03 wrote: »

So why does it happen?

Winning comment.
    This thread is super depressing. And clearly not going the direction the OP intended.

Are you the prize? ;)

I wish I could remember the username of the woman I knew who met her husband on here. Pretty sure her name was Michelle, she likes to wear funny socks, and she moved overseas to be with her husband who was in the service.

Not sure how much of a prize I am. :/
  • Lone_wolf46
    Lone_wolf46 Posts: 2,709 Member
    Options

So why does it happen?

And then hearts get broken... EXACTLY why I'm incognito here.

• mrnobodi95
    mrnobodi95 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Can't say I have. On a completely unrelated note ladies feel free to hmu ;)
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    rippin2U wrote: »

So why does it happen?

Bull *kitten*! You be somebody else...
  • melmelw03
    Options

So why does it happen?

Oh snap! Call a fella out! Fight! Fight!
  • notwaitin
    notwaitin Posts: 119 Member
    Options

MFP Live cheating, what would I log that as in my exercise log?
  • Lone_wolf46
    Lone_wolf46 Posts: 2,709 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    melmelw03 wrote: »

So why does it happen?

Oh snap! Call a fella out! Fight! Fight!

Easy dude.... breathe deep. It's ok.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

K, I'm better. Sorry, I looked at it wrong. You go be Incognito. I think he's racist though?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnrOlDX0tcj3J97-jkZCJoP7Xx8AYsTwB1FVsepPwAAf1meOIvlA
  • Tydeclare44
    Tydeclare44 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    WHAT IS LOVE
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options

K, I'm better. Sorry, I looked at it wrong. You go be Incognito. I think he's racist though?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnrOlDX0tcj3J97-jkZCJoP7Xx8AYsTwB1FVsepPwAAf1meOIvlA

I thought he hates gays? Same thing right????