Mark your calendar...June 6th starts another round of P90X C

Options

Replies

• reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Hey gang,

You all are doing great! Tonight was Legs and Back plus ARX for me...aka "sack of oranges workout"...For the Seinfeld fans out there, Jerry talks about feeling like he was beaten with a sack of oranges...that's how I always feel after doing Legs and Back. You work everything from the arms, shoulders, and back on the pullup moves, the core from ARX, and the quads, glutes, hamstrings, and calves during all of the squats, lunges, and other moves...this one is a huge calorie burner and I always feel this one into the rest day...It hurts so good...LOL.

Short post...I got work to do before going to bed and getting up at 4am to go to work...

Keep BRINGING IT!
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Great job on upping the weights...I am bumming because I felt my workout was diminished because I am still trying to figure out the darn bands...I didn't feel sore either and usually my arms and shoulders are screaming the next day. Do you pause ARX between each move and do all 25 at your own pace or do you do as many as you can while the DVD rolls and move on when they do? I found that taking my time and doing all of them (as long as it takes) got me to the point where I progressed and felt competent. I only leave the DVD rolling during Fifer Scissors and Mason Twists
    During round 1 I used the bands, pretty much exclusively (even for the chin ups) but by the end I was using the toughest resistance band and wasn't getting the same burn as I had been in the beginning. So I thought I'd give it a try with the weights this time around. MUCH tougher. I'm hoping to talk my husband into the chin up bar... fingers crossed on that one.

As for ARX today I did as many as I could while the DVD was rolling. I feel like at the end of round one I was much further along, but I did take a bit of time off, and I would pause if/when I needed to, but working out in the morning puts me on a very tight time line, so as much as I wish I could pause it and get through all 25 reps of each this morning I just didn't have the time. I'll have to factor that in going forward. As for the mason twists, even at the end of round 1 they were a struggle for me. My abdominal strengh is WEAK!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody!

Great job! I love reading everybody's updates and how we are improving.

Yesterday was chest and back and I BROUGHT it. I'm not using p90x bands because I found a set of 3 much cheaper at Ross. (like 7.99). What I did was put 2 together (light and medium) since the light band was not enough resistance. It did the trick!!!
    I'm so stoked I can do regular push ups now. I have been doing knee push ups for years. P90x (and a poster here on MFP who nicely told me knee ones were weak) pushed me out of my comfort zone.
    As for the ARX, I had been doing whatever I could do with the dvd. But yesterday I made the decision to do 20 of each instead of pushing for 25. And oh how my abs hurt but I did it!!
    I LOVE the mason twists. I'm a hot shot at those.

By the way, I also found push up bars last night for 6.99 at Ross. Woot!

Bob, I'll definitately add the Yoga back in this Saturday. I didn't plan to not ever do it but it just so happened that a) I hate it b) I was at my parents house and we did kenpo because my bro in law who's also doing p90x along with us was doing it that morning. So it was a good excuse to skip it. But I'll add it back in Saturday. Thanks!
  • _GingerSnap_
    _GingerSnap_ Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

I finshed the Shoulders and Arms on Tuesday, and the Yoga last night. I thought the Yoga was going to be a nice break...until I saw that it was 90 minutes! I was sweating buckets, and I'm glad I listened to the tip about the pillow before doing "Crane",
    if I didn't I think I would have been in the hospital with a broken face!
    I have Legs and Back for tonight and I'm hoping with the over 90 degree weather were having I can get through it.
    BTW, I have been doing my workouts around 8-9pm, but I'm not sure if that is messing with my sleep. Does anyone know if it would be better to work out earlier? I usually run later at night, and haven't had this issue before. Any advice would be appreciated.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Cardio X completed last night and I worked my @ss off, brought it, brang it and killed it! I was all sweaty and shaky afterwards. Glad I didn't do Plyo....my lower legs were all swollen last night and IDK why really. The day before I had sushi and half a Stella, but I've only ever had swollen legs when I was prego.

I've been having problems with my feet since I attempted running on a treadmill in December. I'm wearing my running shoes during the day and that is helping. I don't want to go to the DR because I know they will side line me for at least a week or two and I WILL finish this program. So I will continue to wear good shoes...however, the yoga kills my feet, even wearing shoes. And Plyo hurts my knees...so cardio X it is for now.

Next round, after I come back from a work trip to Italy in September, my husband is going to do the three days of "weights" dvd's with me so that should be interesting!

Shoulders and arms and ab riper for me today! I LOVE the shoulders and arms video...and legs and back. I think those two are my fav so far.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    OH and an NSV for me albeit small - I put on some jeans this morning and they are saggy in the buttal area!!! YEAY!!
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

I finshed the Shoulders and Arms on Tuesday, and the Yoga last night. I thought the Yoga was going to be a nice break...until I saw that it was 90 minutes! I was sweating buckets, and I'm glad I listened to the tip about the pillow before doing "Crane",
    I have Legs and Back for tonight and I'm hoping with the over 90 degree weather were having I can get through it.
    BTW, I have been doing my workouts around 8-9pm, but I'm not sure if that is messing with my sleep. Does anyone know if it would be better to work out earlier? I usually run later at night, and haven't had this issue before. Any advice would be appreciated.

I'm not sure on the working out hurting your sleep cycle. Could it just be that you are having a few weeks of crap sleeping? The older I get, the more I get of those lovely interludes (NOT!).

The last 45 minutes of the yoga video is the best...so when on the rare occasion I want to do it, I FF to that part.
  • iamthepreston
    iamthepreston Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

I like to work out late in the afternoon around 5 or 6. I think it really depends on when you feel the most like working out. I do know that it takes about an hour or 2 to calm down and get sleepy after working out, but everyones diff so follow what routine is best for you.
  • annyshay
    annyshay Posts: 42
    Options
    Hello again everyone! I am so excited to be back and starting round 2 of P90x today. I can tell that this group is going to be full of good support and motivation. My last round ended with a sort of whimper due to graduation, reunion, and then a big move to my new job. That said, I finally have things moved in and am ready to bring it. I did the measurements (eeps, my bad eating set me back), photos (you can see that I've been eating poorly), and fit test (whoooooo, still stronger than when I started... by a lot) this morning. This afternoon I'm going to start with one of my favorites... chest & back. I have to find something to use as a chair for the pull ups though, since I haven't bought any yet, lol. Oh moving. So silly. Make today awesome!
  • MAK_01
    Options
    P90X Lean Day 4 - kempo.
    Ok so it should have been Yoga but I knew I wouldn't be able to get the full 90 minutes in before work so I switched Saturday's kempo for Thursday's yoga. That will probably be what I do for the full second round.

Long busy day ... Tomorrow even longer and busier. But I WILL get my workout in before I head to work (ihave to go in early). Then tomorrow after work I'm walking in my areas Relay for Life so I'll be up all night. but it should be a great time.

Hope you all have a wonderful Friday!!
  • hockeyman28
    hockeyman28 Posts: 136
    Options
    One week down, 12 to go!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Great job to all!

Plyo killed me last night. I slowly lost my energy as the day progressed and by the time 7 came around I was wiped. I sat out about 5 minutes of it when I felt faint but day 16 was successfully completed!!!

I finally took measurements last night too. How often should I check those?
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Last night was a semi-success. I skipped Yoga X in the morning (getting up at 4:30 just isn't worth it to me), but I decided I would do it in the evening, and I did! ...kind of. I only got about halfway through. My boys decided to climb on me, hang from my arms, crawl "under the bridge" during downward dog, etc. so I definitely lost focus, and stopped there. I guess half is better than nothing. Last round, I think I did Yoga twice. Yeah, it's that boring to me. I'm logging Legs/Back now, but have to do it after work. I'm hoping that by logging now, I'll make myself get it done. It's one of my favorites, so it shouldn't be too hard to "force" me into it.

annyshay - Glad to see you back. I had the same issue between rounds. I especially noticed the difference in my abs. Loss of strength and definition.

MAK - Have fun with Relay. I have a special place in my heart for ACS - my sister-in-law is a breast cancer survivor. I often swapped Kenpo and Yoga too.

newaustinite - I only recorded measurements at the end of each phase. However, I usually checked them every week, just because I like to know where I stand.
  • MAK_01
    Options
    Thanks Jenna! Glad to hear about another survivor. I will walk a few laps in honor of your sister-in-law.

Quick update (sneaking on at work - left iPhone at home :ohwell:)
    P90X Lean Day 5 - Legs and Back (no ARX) ... got up late this morning, so I didn't get ARX in today I might try and squeeze it in before I head off to Relay. But I am happy to say I got in all of the Legs & Back work out and was only running 5 minutes late, a little NSV for me. Still need to work on my get up time and make sure I leave myself enough time to workout and get ready for work.

Have a great one, hope everyone ROCKS P90X today!
  • reepobob
    Options
    Hi all...quick post as I am busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest...

Got my Kenpo-X on last night and did it with 3# weights for the punching, elbow, and block moves...burned 700 cals, which in the words of Mr. Horton "makes me happy"...I am on my rest/stretch day (Yay! One week of P90X down). I plan on stretching tonight just before bed...really gets you in a sleepy time mood.

Long day in the plant tomorrow, will probably be getting Chest and Back in for the start of the new P90X week in later in the day like around 8pm or so...

Keep BRINGING IT! guys! You are all doing great so far!
  • NYGoddess77
    NYGoddess77 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Is there anyone here that needs a P90X Workout Buddy via Skype or Oovoo? If you have accountability issues...like myself......virtual workout partners is the next best thing :-) If interested let me know. I have both P90X and P90X Plus :-)
  • laurelderry
    laurelderry Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I have been BEYOND busy lately. I ended up utilizing my rest days for this week and next week already. Which for me is GOOD, because I tend to do well all week- have a rest day- and then get off the wagon. So stealing my rest days when I simply am too busy works well.

So, I moved some things around (pre-logged Kenpo yesterday and then had to remove it) and then ended up doing it today. I'm VERY proud of myself that I'm not "making excuses" and skipping workouts (I have the P90x Excel sheet that allows you to 'skip' a workout and will figure it into your total days).

Also, at Walmart last night I found Jillian Michaels resistance band kit that has a RIDICULOUS amount of goodies in it for only... drum roll please..... 20 BUCKS!
  • reepobob
    Options
    Hey everyone! I have been BEYOND busy lately. I ended up utilizing my rest days for this week and next week already. Which for me is GOOD, because I tend to do well all week- have a rest day- and then get off the wagon. So stealing my rest days when I simply am too busy works well.

So, I moved some things around (pre-logged Kenpo yesterday and then had to remove it) and then ended up doing it today. I'm VERY proud of myself that I'm not "making excuses" and skipping workouts (I have the P90x Excel sheet that allows you to 'skip' a workout and will figure it into your total days).

Also, at Walmart last night I found Jillian Michaels resistance band kit that has a RIDICULOUS amount of goodies in it for only... drum roll please..... 20 BUCKS!

Wow, aren' YOU thrifty! Good job on shuffling and staying with it...your schedule is tough. I am glad you are making it work. I am working late tonight and plan on stretching late this evening. It's the perfect time for that workout...get all the kinks out just in time for bed..LOL.
  • yiffanarff
    yiffanarff Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Today is the first day of my phase 1 recovery week!!! I'm feeling a little guilty, cause last week I slacked. I didn't miss a single workout, the first two weeks, and then last week I missed 3! One was due to genuinely having no time, but the other two were pure laziness/ poor time management. :p

I'm back on track today though. I had a meeting downtown this morning, so I rode my bike there (about half an hour). Then, after the meeting I had to go to work (40 minute bike ride), and after work I bike home (20 minutes) and it's p90x time! So I feel like that makes up for a little bit of my laziness last week. :)
  • annyshay
    annyshay Posts: 42
    Options
    "Man we dog tired." Yes, Tony, yes. As you may imagine, I just finished Plyo, Day 2. I am super proud that I did it, since I was sorely tempted to swap for Cardio X (which I still haven't played with yet...). Why, you may ask? Well, in my attempts to be a grown up, I went to Ikea today... by myself. Which meant a lot of walking around and lifting very heavy boxes on my own. This is, remember, after my first day of chest & back... so I can barely lift my arms let alone these 100lb. boxes. Still, somehow I managed to get everything safely into my apartment AND do plyo! Wooooo. Not my best burn in the world, but I think it's because my HRM gets grouchy when my heart goes too fast, like above 175... eeps! Don't worry, I'm young! :D In any case... NSV for bringing it and just pushing play. Our bodies are so much stronger than we give them credit for!