Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Happy National Chocolate Day!
    There is no better way to celebrate Halloween’s approaching than with a piece of chocolate. But just in case you need another excuse to try your favorite treat, it’s national chocolate day.
    Chocolate can be used in almost any dessert. It can be enjoyed plain, mixed into your favorite cookie dough or glazed on top of a cake. While I always enjoy the way chocolate tastes, I never really think about how it’s made. Here are a few insights into how your chocolate bar makes it into your grocery store.
    Chocolate 101:
    • Cacao trees grow around the world in tropical areas. They grow pods, which contain about 20 to 40 cacao beans.
    • The beans are removed from the pods, and then fermented in piles for about one week. This process allows for the beans to dry out and develop their color and flavor.
    • The beans are then taken to the factory and roasted. Next, they are “hulled” by removing the outside shell from the inside of the bean called the “nib.”
    • The nibs are then ground into a chocolate liquor. Then, the liquor (it’s not alcoholic) is pressed to remove the fat, called “cocoa butter,” and the residual powder is what is mixed in to create different kinds of chocolate.
    • Depending on the kind of chocolate (milk, bittersweet, semisweet, etc.) cocoa butter, milk and sugar are added to the chocolate powder.
    • White chocolate does not contain the chocolate powder that regular chocolate contains. It just contains cocoa butter, milk and sugar.

” Whatever you are be a good one.” ~Abraham Lincoln

11857432.png

Tom
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Wednesday Wish ... that I hadn't made so many goals for yesterday ... however, I did get 1 of the 5 finished. So today those same goals will be on the list ... with an addiiton, as I have finished all the ready food in the fridge so today I am back to cooking.

I started off the morning with cooking a nice savory breadfast using 2 cut up strips of bacon, 1 cup of diced celery, 1/4 medium onion, 3 sliced mushrooms and 1 egg ... that and a mug of coffee followed by a small tangerine will have me set for the next 3 or 4 hours ... and if I can get my *kitten* in gear instead of lollying about on MFP and FB I will be able to complete all those goals I set formyself. I have been craving pasta so tonight I will cook a tuna casserole in the oven ... chock full of peas, onion, celery, and the rest of the mushrooms. Yes, I will grate some cheese over the top.
    96567173.png

@grandmakaye44 ...Ouch ... you have reminded me that I have lofty goals to complete before the holidays arrive. I need to drop the 9 pounds I'm up from December that I gained in March and still have not been able to drop. Also, this year I want to have my house all clean and ready for Advent and I already have an idea of how I want to spend my New Year Day. Have fun making those donuts ... make em small so you won't feel bad when you have several instead of one ... after all, the cook has to taste to make certain the recipe is working correctly!

@Morgori ... Tom, I took you advice and found some Sylvia Plath to read and listen to (on YouTube) ... and was startled to hear the voice of the early 60's ... depressed and angry. Her 'Daddy' poem brought feelings of sadness to my heart. She just couldn't forgive him for dying, could she? .... and I celebrated National Chocolate Day a bit early ... have been having a chocolate craving so I made a chocolate pudding for myself last night to enjoy today.

@Doresoontobehealthy .. glad you found this thread, hope you bookmarked it and come back again to share your journey with us.

@BarneyRubbleMD ... Maybe my doctor should be considering putting me on insulin also, my BG's are always higher in the morning than bedtime ... and no, I don't eat during the night. Hope you have a grand time on your vacation.

@cblue315 ... thanks for the info on @RobinsEgg ... computers can be such a hassle. Hope your spirits lift and your self-love comes to the rescue.

AFM ... I'm going to Follow-Through
    Niki
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Hi all, some of you may know me, but I haven't posted on here a lot in the last 6 months. I do 'lurk' once in a while. I will probably post more now, as we closed up our cottage up north yesterday, so I'm home for the next 6 months. We had to close as it may snow this week and I didn't want to be there when it gets that cold. I've been using MFP for a number of years and my weight has fluctuated. I'm posting today as I'm so excited...at my weigh-in this morning, I lost 50.8 lbs. in total, over the last 6 1/2 months. I'm thrilled!
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Morgori wrote: »
    Good morning everyone.

Happy National Chocolate Day!
    There is no better way to celebrate Halloween’s approaching than with a piece of chocolate. But just in case you need another excuse to try your favorite treat, it’s national chocolate day.
    Chocolate can be used in almost any dessert. It can be enjoyed plain, mixed into your favorite cookie dough or glazed on top of a cake. While I always enjoy the way chocolate tastes, I never really think about how it’s made. Here are a few insights into how your chocolate bar makes it into your grocery store.
    Chocolate 101:
    • Cacao trees grow around the world in tropical areas. They grow pods, which contain about 20 to 40 cacao beans.
    • The beans are removed from the pods, and then fermented in piles for about one week. This process allows for the beans to dry out and develop their color and flavor.
    • The beans are then taken to the factory and roasted. Next, they are “hulled” by removing the outside shell from the inside of the bean called the “nib.”
    • The nibs are then ground into a chocolate liquor. Then, the liquor (it’s not alcoholic) is pressed to remove the fat, called “cocoa butter,” and the residual powder is what is mixed in to create different kinds of chocolate.
    • Depending on the kind of chocolate (milk, bittersweet, semisweet, etc.) cocoa butter, milk and sugar are added to the chocolate powder.
    • White chocolate does not contain the chocolate powder that regular chocolate contains. It just contains cocoa butter, milk and sugar.

” Whatever you are be a good one.” ~Abraham Lincoln

11857432.png

Tom

Like I need an excuse to indulge in chocolate! :lol: I have one piece of Lindt Excellence 70% cacao every day. :wink:
  • kah68
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Hi all, some of you may know me, but I haven't posted on here a lot in the last 6 months. I do 'lurk' once in a while. I will probably post more now, as we closed up our cottage up north yesterday, so I'm home for the next 6 months. We had to close as it may snow this week and I didn't want to be there when it gets that cold. I've been using MFP for a number of years and my weight has fluctuated. I'm posting today as I'm so excited...at my weigh-in this morning, I lost 50.8 lbs. in total, over the last 6 1/2 months. I'm thrilled!

Snow?! Yikes, hard to believe winter is on the horizon. Congrats on the progress you've made over the last 6-1/2 months, that is fantastic! :star:
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    As a chocoholic I will have a FiberOne Brownie to celebrate and hope I can stay to one. LOL
  • Terri70
    Terri70 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone! Boy that move did me in. Diet-wise, mentally, and physically. Just now getting over it. So glad it's done. Now just have to get rid of all those danged boxes!! lol My back deck is full of them.

Been totally off plan for the last week and gained 6 lbs back! Ugh! Taking the rest of this week off but I am so back on plan come Monday! I'm going to do it this time! I have sidewalks to walk on at my house so I'm going to make use of them. Where I was before didn't have them and every car speeded through the area so much that I wouldn't have trusted being out there walking.

Have a great day, y'all!
  • kah68
    Options
    Zoe says Happy National Cat Day! :heart:

g51eya785od2.jpeg

• Morgori
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

October 29, 2015 is
    National Cat Day
    Today is National Cat Day! “What greater gift than the love of a cat?” Charles Dickens once mused. Cats are one of the most beloved human companions of all time. They were first domesticated in the Middle East’s Fertile Crescent as early as 12,000 years ago. When humans relied on hunting as their main source of food, dogs were most useful – but when the first agricultural societies emerged, cats became invaluable. Domesticated cats became responsible for keeping grain stores free of mice and other rodents. Today, cats can be found in 34% of American households, making them the most popular house pet in the United States.
    Pet lifestyle expert and animal welfare advocate Colleen Paige established National Cat Day in 2005. In honor of the occasion, celebrate cats and the unconditional love and companionship they give to their owners. If you don't own a cat, volunteer at your local animal shelter or make a donation. It’s the purrrrfect way to show you care!

” To be upset over what you don't have is to waste what you do have.” ~Ken S. Keyes, Jr

11857432.png

Tom
  • Nikion901
    Options
    Thursday Truth ... I didn't complete the goals I'd set for myself on Tuesday ... but I did get make headway on the housecleaning project. I cooked different food than what I had planned because that's how my mood went ... at least it was all home prepared and cooked from scratch. But alas, the beets and peppers still await.

My "Baby-girl', "Wee-one", "Strawberry" doesn't understand just one day set aside per year for cats ... she's pampered and honored every single day. However, today we bow our heads in prayer for rescue for all those poor abandoned kitties who are still out in the wild or are cowering in shelters hoping that someone will take them home.

AFM ... yesterday I wanted to toss an old notebook with notes from a 6-week workshop I took a couple of years ago on "Chronic Disease Self Management" ... this one was for Diabetes. Then I decided to gleam some inspiration and motivation from the notes by typing them into my documents before tossing that worn out pad. ... And right on page 3 of my notes I wrote an observation from a week-1 homework assignment on Goal Setting .... everything I do takes far longer to do than I anticipate it will take.

A couple of good tips was also gleaned ...
    "Say NO to diets. Make long-term eating changes by limiting your portion size and replacing 1 or 2 unhealthy food choices every week with food that is healthier for you"
    and
    "Get the skinny on fat ... if you are struggling with dropping weight on your current meal plan, consider reducing the carb requirement and swapping in some fat instead ... instead of 45-60 grams of carbohydrate per meal, consume 30-45 carbs and up the fat by 5-6 grams for the same amount of calories"

Going back to decluttering now ... the stuff is still on the table and needs to be gotten rid of.
    Follow-through
    Niki
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    @kah Zoe is so adorable. I tried to give my kitties some treats I bought at the store for them today but they didnt like them so the dogs ate them. Oh well lol
  • kah68
    Options
    jtconst wrote: »
    @kah Zoe is so adorable. I tried to give my kitties some treats I bought at the store for them today but they didnt like them so the dogs ate them. Oh well lol

LOL Zoe is picky about snacks, likes real tuna but not tuna flavored snacks...she'll eat chicken flavored snacks though. :flushed: Oh & she goes wild for Laughing Cow cheese, weirdo! :lol:

She's a bit of a trouble maker today--I just sat here and watched her push everything off an end table then re-do it one-by-one as I picked them up & put them back.

• Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    I have reached 150 people with the zombie run so I am very excited about it. Tomorrow, I will spend part of the afternoon setting up as much as possible for the run tomorrow. I still hope to go rock climbing tomorrow night if all goes according to plan. It may not be possible since I will have last minute stuff to do in the evening.

I will catch up with everyone later this weekend. It has been another long day.
  • Nikion901
    Options
    Friday Fitness ... Based on where my Blood Pressure reading was this morning I need to start doing cardio strengthening exercise ... which will be a stretch for me to work into my daily life style. For me, with the way my body feels between my waist and my toes just changing positions and walking are exercise in mind over matter. Which is why I have not been going to the gym/health center ... there is so long of a walk from the parking lot to the building, then through the lobby, and through the building that it has not been possible to walk that far ... and I will not transfer from a walker to a wheel chair! NO WAY to that! However, with that being said, I still need to find some way to get in more cardio exercise than I have been getting ... and find a way to return to the gym ... so the past couple of days I've been strategizing ways I can get myself to the pool area and do water walking. So ... that's my plan ... get to the pool and walk/swim in it.

AFM - My scale is much friendlier this morning ... it says I lost 4.2 pounds since Tuesday. Do you think I should believe it? I think probably as much as I believed it on Tuesday ... which is to say not much.
    96567173.png

Good luck @Lauriek70 ... hope your Zombie Run is a huge success ... and it certainly sounds like it will be.

• Terri70
    Options
    Where's Robin? I miss her!
  • Wizeman22
    Wizeman22 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • kah68
    Options
    Terri70 wrote: »

Robin currently has computer issues, she'll be back soon.

• Morgori
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Happy Frankenstein Friday!
    Date When Celebrated : last Friday in October
    Frankenstein Friday celebrates he birth of Frankenstein and its creator. Frankenstein is one of the best known horror characters, dating back to the 1800's. We can't imagine the Halloween season without the presence of Frankenstein, lurking somewhere in the darkness.
    Frankenstein was born in 1818 when Mary Wollenstonecraft Shelley, at the age of 21, wrote the story "Frankenstein".
    Frankenstein's Mother: Mary Wollenstone Shelley
    Frankenstein's Father: Boris Karloff
    To celebrate this day, we suggest you read the novel, or see a Frankenstein movie.
    Ron MacCloskey, the creator of this special day, by awarding "The Franky" to someone who has made a significant contribution to the promotion of Frankenstein. Maybe next year, you will receive the coveted "Franky" award.

” Give thanks for what you are now, and keep fighting for what you want to be tomorrow.” ~Fernanda Miramontes-Landeros

11857432.png

Tom
  • Terri70
    Options
    kah68 wrote: »
    Terri70 wrote: »

Robin currently has computer issues, she'll be back soon.

That's right! I forgot. Thanks for the reminder.
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Friday fitness...45 minutes on the evil elliptical..

weight.png