What's the funniest comment you have had..

Options

Replies

• brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Im up a little from my lowest right now but from a friend I hadnt seen in years (saw me at 320lbs, again at 215) and she said so adorably:

"Oh my gosh, where did you go?"
  • avatiach
    avatiach Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    "I bet you're sad you lost all that weight now. You have no *kitten* or boobs. Your poor husband! And he's so skinny, must be like rubbing two sticks together. Y'all are gonna catch on fire when you do it."

True story, took everything I had not to punch that c**t in the face.

Rub two sticks together, start a fire. You two must be hot together :) LOL
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    My grandmother was the hardest on me. She told me I had a big butt. I LITERALLY demonstrated by standing behind her it was HALF of hers. Then I started losing, her comment then was I look sick I had better stop. So I just realized that no matter what I did she would never see me in a positive light. Why are the people who are supposed to love you the most the most hurtful.

I had something like this happen with my mother. She was going on and on about how huge my arms are and how I could not use a standard blood-pressure cuff. Not true--the regular cuff fits me just fine.

So I measured. My VERY muscular were 12"...and her flabby arms were 15". I am nearly a foot taller than my mother, with a much bigger frame size.

That shut her up and I haven't had any more disparaging comments about my body for a couple of years.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    rhianna818 wrote: »
    To be honest, the funniest comment about losing weight wasn't said to me but by me. It was, "I miss my fat" in regards to how cold I get in the winter time. I never realized how warm my fat kept me until I lost it, haha!

I have always joked said I have some weird form of reverse fat that doesn't keep me warm. I always get cold. As much as I hear my fellow MFP posters complain about being cold makes me very worried for how cold I'll be as I continue to lose. :neutral:

Have you had your thyroid checked recently? Always being cold is the classic sign of hypothyroidism.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    rhianna818 wrote: »
    To be honest, the funniest comment about losing weight wasn't said to me but by me. It was, "I miss my fat" in regards to how cold I get in the winter time. I never realized how warm my fat kept me until I lost it, haha!

I have always joked said I have some weird form of reverse fat that doesn't keep me warm. I always get cold. As much as I hear my fellow MFP posters complain about being cold makes me very worried for how cold I'll be as I continue to lose. :neutral:

Have you had your thyroid checked recently? Always being cold is the classic sign of hypothyroidism.

You know I was like this at my highest weight, but as I'm getting closer to normal, I don't get as cold. It's weird. I've had my thyroid checked though. Maybe it's an affect of being generally unhealthy that starts to get better for a while as you get healthier, then comes back because you just don't have the insulation anymore. Total guess, but who knows?
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options

LOL My furniture isn't as comfortable anymore. I want a softer bed too. Fat was good padding!
  • LiveLoveRunFar
    LiveLoveRunFar Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    After 50 pounds lost and 6 clothes sizes lost....."did you dye your hair"? catty catty
  • CoffeeNCardio
    Options
    After 50 pounds lost and 6 clothes sizes lost....."did you dye your hair"? catty catty

My poor temper control response: "No actually I lost 50 lbs, didn't you say you were on that Atkins diet thing?"
  • GETU1N
    GETU1N Posts: 1,811 Member
    Options
    clgaram720 wrote: »
    Another one I get from older women (I'm 24 - So I do not mean that in an offensive way, I just work with women that range from about 40-50, I'm the youngest!) "It's EASY for you - you're so young! It's harder at my age".

Way to discredit my hard work!!

My mom, who has been trying and failing to lose weight for LITERALLY 15 years now, is constantly throwing this one at me. I tried, very sensitively, to get her to do what I'm doing and she totally blew me off "Oh it doesn't work like that for me, I don't have time to count calories, etc etc" and yet she is constantly doing "cleanses" and spending a bunch of money on new fitness classes that kick her butt so hard she can barely walk (she's 53). And whenever I tell her "But mom, I've lost 14 lbs ALREADY and I've really put in minimal effort compared to you." She acts like it's just no big deal at all and she makes me feel like my efforts, however small they are in comparison to hers (It's been effort for me, and probably for the average person, just cause I didn't sign up for boot camp....), don't matter at all. Like, I realize people are different, but CICO is the same no matter your age unless you have special conditions, and she doesn't.

I just want to scream at her through her excuses "Don't you get it??? YOU'RE the reason I thought there was no hope all these years! Your constant "trying" and failing made me believe that if you couldn't do it with all the work you APPEARED to be putting in, that of course I could never do it! And now you can't even be happy for me that I can do it after all?! Really?"

Lmao!! Now I'm mad @cho moma!! Jk funny story!! Wait...it made me smile gotta find that thread thanks bye!! Oh and keep burning!!!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,870 Member
    Options

Last weekend, visited friends I hadn't seen in about 6 months. In those 6 months, I've also lost 50 lbs.

When I walked in, one looked at me and said, "Your hair looks great!"

I said thanks, but it kind of took me by surprise because my hair has not changed significantly in those 6 months. It's long, and it is maybe 3 inches longer ... and the roots need doing right now. But otherwise it's the same as it has been for ages.

The only thing I could think of was that they noticed a difference, and couldn't quite put their finger on what it was.

Later that evening, I got the arm around the waist and the murmured ... "Are you OK?"

Everyone seems so concerned for my health these days!

• MissElectricEyeliner
    Options
    I hit my 50lbs weight loss mark a few days ago weighing at 246lbs and my Mom told me "There's no way you could be that with how much you eat. The scales must be broken." I was so pissed. Turns out the scales weren't broken, so HA! >:)
  • steponebyone
    steponebyone Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    From my grandma: "you lost weight. Good. You were rather... large."

Rude.
  • ColinsMommaOC
    ColinsMommaOC Posts: 296 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Convo in the car with my son on the way to the gym:

Son: Mom, I like that you are getting healthy. But can you not lose too much?
    Me: Well, I have a lot to lose. What is too much?
    Son: Well, when you lose you are going to get smaller, but your head doesn't get smaller. I just don't want a bobble head mom. So don't lose enough to be a bobble head.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    My grandmother was the hardest on me. She told me I had a big butt. I LITERALLY demonstrated by standing behind her it was HALF of hers. Then I started losing, her comment then was I look sick I had better stop. So I just realized that no matter what I did she would never see me in a positive light. Why are the people who are supposed to love you the most the most hurtful.

I'm sorry. I have some family members like that. My grandmas were wonderful, but some others, not so much.
  • blkandwhite77
    blkandwhite77 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Yikes I can't believe so many families act so mean! I just realized how blessed I am with my family. Sure they can be annoying at times but at least they are loving and kind
  • Artemis2121
    Artemis2121 Posts: 42 Member
    Options

Son: Well, when you lose you are going to get smaller, but your head doesn't get smaller. I just don't want a bobble head mom. So don't lose enough to be a bobble head.

This made my day!
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options

Love this!
  • katzenfluff
    katzenfluff Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I work at a hospital. A few weeks ago, a nurse that I'm friendly with says..."You've lost a lot of weigh. Do I need to worry about you?" Since she works with a lot of cancer patients I knew she was asking, without coming right out and asking, if I was sick. So I assured her I was doing just fine. Her response then was..."Good for you!" Bless her heart...
  • CoffeeNCardio
    Options
    GETU1N wrote: »
    clgaram720 wrote: »
    Another one I get from older women (I'm 24 - So I do not mean that in an offensive way, I just work with women that range from about 40-50, I'm the youngest!) "It's EASY for you - you're so young! It's harder at my age".

Way to discredit my hard work!!

My mom, who has been trying and failing to lose weight for LITERALLY 15 years now, is constantly throwing this one at me. I tried, very sensitively, to get her to do what I'm doing and she totally blew me off "Oh it doesn't work like that for me, I don't have time to count calories, etc etc" and yet she is constantly doing "cleanses" and spending a bunch of money on new fitness classes that kick her butt so hard she can barely walk (she's 53). And whenever I tell her "But mom, I've lost 14 lbs ALREADY and I've really put in minimal effort compared to you." She acts like it's just no big deal at all and she makes me feel like my efforts, however small they are in comparison to hers (It's been effort for me, and probably for the average person, just cause I didn't sign up for boot camp....), don't matter at all. Like, I realize people are different, but CICO is the same no matter your age unless you have special conditions, and she doesn't.

I just want to scream at her through her excuses "Don't you get it??? YOU'RE the reason I thought there was no hope all these years! Your constant "trying" and failing made me believe that if you couldn't do it with all the work you APPEARED to be putting in, that of course I could never do it! And now you can't even be happy for me that I can do it after all?! Really?"

Lmao!! Now I'm mad @cho moma!! Jk funny story!! Wait...it made me smile gotta find that thread thanks bye!! Oh and keep burning!!!

Lol, thanks:) I'm doing my best to convince her, it's a slow process, but I care more about her living to see her grandkids grow up than her absurdity.
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options

Hilarious!! How old is your son?