What's the funniest comment you have had..

Options

Replies

• ReeseG4350
    ReeseG4350 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Another one I get from older women (I'm 24 - So I do not mean that in an offensive way, I just work with women that range from about 40-50, I'm the youngest!) "It's EASY for you - you're so young! It's harder at my age".

Way to discredit my hard work!!

What 'they' don't realize is that it is not 'easy' for almost anyone. It takes hard work and dedication to the goal to make anything happen, even weightloss.
    I recall reading an article years ago about a women who, at 78 and about 80 pounds overweight, decided she wanted to live to be 100 and wasn't going to do that in her condition. She started a regimen of conscientious eating and exercise (walked four miles a day, went swimming twice a week, and lifted weights three times a week!)

She celebrated her 80th birthday sans those 80 excess pounds and six clothing sizes smaller! Easy? According to her, "Easy? No. Easier? Yes. Once you develop the habit, anything gets easier."

So, tell those forty-somethings that, if a great-grandmother can do it at her age, they can do it too. It's just a matter of deciding to do it and then... DO IT! And... NGU. (Never Give Up.)
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    "You can only lose weight because you're a dude"
    No, I lose weight because I'm structured, disciplined, and actually make sacrifices every single day...also I could point out 1000 MFP users who've lost a lot of weight without being a dude..
  • ReeseG4350
    Options
    "Funniest" comment I ever got after losing weight was, "Wow! You look nice today." My smart mouth came back with, "So... What? I looked like Sht before?" The poor guy looked really caught off guard.
    Dumb comments? Only one that I can think of. After closing in on the "century" mark in just over a year and going from a size 22 to a size 8, someone asked me, "Have you lost weight?"
    Falls into the, "Well, duh!" category.
  • starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I have only lost 5 pounds... 5 pounds on a 5'9 frame is not much, and my aunt yesterday said, "when I saw you today I thought, well surely that is enough!" This is the same judgy woman who says things to my sister like, "are you sure you need that second cookie?" some people just think out loud.
  • ReeseG4350
    Options
    I have only lost 5 pounds... 5 pounds on a 5'9 frame is not much, and my aunt yesterday said, "when I saw you today I thought, well surely that is enough!" This is the same judgy woman who says things to my sister like, "are you sure you need that second cookie?" some people just think out loud.

And some people just never learn to censor themselves.
  • starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    Options

And some people just never learn to censor themselves.[/quote]

too true. I should start calling her out on it :)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Another one I get from older women (I'm 24 - So I do not mean that in an offensive way, I just work with women that range from about 40-50, I'm the youngest!) "It's EASY for you - you're so young! It's harder at my age".

Wow, how rude!

I am an older woman (51) that believes it is harder to lose now than when I was younger. But that doesn't make the statement to you true. Just because it is harder for me now doesn't mean it was easy for me when I was younger or that it's easy for you now. In fact, it means nothing at all about anyone other than me.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I lost most of my weight before I moved to Louisiana, so most people down here never saw me at my heaviest. Well one day I posted an old pic of a me and a friend on Facebook, and the next time one of my boyfriend's friends saw me, he was like, "I saw this old picture of you on Facebook, and you were BIG!"
    I'm like, "yeah, I know."
    He's like, "no, I mean you were BIG BIG!"
    "Yeah, I remember, I was there! Thanks."
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    My favorite came from a coworker. She was walking past me and I had just cut all my hair off after losing nearly 40lbs. She stopped midstride and said "Holy cheek bones batman!" and then kept walking. lol. It's nice having bones under the chub and having people notice.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Options
    It's easy for you. You like ... (fill in blank with whatever speaker dislikes).
  • missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    "You mean you actually weigh the food you eat, like on a scale or something?"
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Three different people have called me "tiny" recently. "Wow you are so tiny!" This totally baffles me because I am still overweight. Granted compared to how huge I was before I can see how people would think that. It's funny to me though because that is something I've never heard in my entire life. I'll take it though!
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I had an aunt I hadn't seen in over a year tell me that she didn't want to have lunch with me "because you're so fit that you won't let me eat any of the bad foods that I like". I just laughed and offered to show her my food diary, which has beer, chips, cookies, ice cream and other random 'bad' (ha) food in it... and we had a lovely lunch.
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    schelly81 wrote: »
    "73 pounds? you don't look like you lost THAT much. "
    So, you think I'm lying or something?
    Or my MIL, "you need to just stop losing weight and stay right there"
    Thanks, but I'm still overweight and I have a goal.
    My personal favorite
    "I heard you lost a lot of weight! You must have really watched your carbs!"
    Yeah, I watched them all go in my mouth. They were delicious.

ha ha ha why does everyone hate on carbs so much? It's like women are born programmed to say stop eating carbs, they're enemy and you need to reduce the amount you eat or never eat them at all . . . drives me crazy!

• lyndefisher
    lyndefisher Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I had someone ask me "are you going to keep it off or gain weight back and lose again". Couldn't quite figure that one out?! LOL I said I was going to do my best to keep it off!
  • shandy4487
    shandy4487 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 45 lbs and some of my coworkers have said things like "why did you lose weight? You looked great!" (at 260 lbs fyi) and I'm like that's weird cuz NOBODY told me I looked great back then, in fact I had a lot of fat jokes made at my expense soooo forget you guys lol
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options

No one under 30 is overweight. It's so easy to lose weight under 30 that it never happens. :smile:
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    When I first started it was "so you're just going to weigh your food for a period of time and then stop when you are used to portion sizes, right?". I don't really get why they care, it doesn't affect them at all.

Yesterday I got the "are you sick?" concern/comment. I'm almost 5'3" and 153 lbs. No, I'm not thin enough to look sick.
  • Mediocrates55
    Mediocrates55 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    "I bet you're sad you lost all that weight now. You have no *kitten* or boobs. Your poor husband! And he's so skinny, must be like rubbing two sticks together. Y'all are gonna catch on fire when you do it."

True story, took everything I had not to punch that c**t in the face.
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    My step-bro and SIL, who sell fitsticks, asking me what program I used. "None, I just watched my calories. I still drink and eat ice cream, so it's awesome! No program, no money spent!!"