SAY "NO" TO LATE NIGHT SNACKING -- NOVEMBER 2015 CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• PaulJRaymond
    PaulJRaymond Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't it help this thread if people put their weight loss/gain data in? Surely the benefit is to show how it aids all our goals, and if no snacking lead to no loss, then it is not as useful as people imagine. However if the result is accelerated weight loss (assuming that's the goal), then it might motivate others to join in? I'm in the calories in/out camp and that it doesn't matter what time you eat, but I could be convinced?
  • CarrieA180
    CarrieA180 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Me: 1*
    LNS : 0

:)
  • mljh1970
    mljh1970 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Me: 7*
    LNS: 2
  • CarrieA180
    CarrieA180 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't it help this thread if people put their weight loss/gain data in? Surely the benefit is to show how it aids all our goals, and if no snacking lead to no loss, then it is not as useful as people imagine. However if the result is accelerated weight loss (assuming that's the goal), then it might motivate others to join in? I'm in the calories in/out camp and that it doesn't matter what time you eat, but I could be convinced?

I believe in CICO, also. Unfortunately , I would go over my calorie goal because I'm a huge binge, stress eater at night. I'm just not satisfied with small snack at night. :(

Since starting Mfp and this challenge, I've lost 53 pounds. I know that this will help me reach my ultimate goal! :)

• mattd10113
    mattd10113 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Im a terror for eating late at night while watching tv :# Ill give it a go :p
  • lagoscarrie
    lagoscarrie Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Me: 1*
    LNS: 0
    Streak: 1

And away we go! :)
  • WalkerPop
    WalkerPop Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    New month. Clean slate! Woohoo! Let's have a strong month!
    Me: 1* …
    LNS: 0 …
    Streak: 1 … 92 total!
  • blackburn23
    blackburn23 Posts: 385 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Me: 2
    Streak: 2
    Thank goodness for tea....last night's lifesaver!
  • CLEatMoulton
    CLEatMoulton Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am in. That is my worst problem. I make it okay through the day, But I suffer from hunger late night.
  • GetMeTo125
    GetMeTo125 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Me 8
    Lns 0
    Streak 8
    Very happy ! I feel in control
    I was down 3.8 this week so feeling very motivated !
  • blong11
    blong11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My wife says that I snack in my sleep. This forum should be helpful!
  • vatblack
    vatblack Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Me: 1
  • vatblack
    vatblack Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I did not say what counts as LNS for me this month: No eating after 10pm and one cup of tea with honey allowed.
  • WalkerPop
    Options
    GetMeTo125 wrote: »
    Me 8
    Lns 0
    Streak 8
    Very happy ! I feel in control
    I was down 3.8 this week so feeling very motivated !
    Wow! That's exciting! Keep up the great work.
  • WalkerPop
    Options
    I believe @CarrieA180 hit the nail on the head for me at least. For many of us, it's not just math.

As a "night owl," I frequently found myself late at night, channel-surfing. My bride had gone to bed at a sensible hour, so I was tired, my sense of accountability was…sleeping, and boredom munchies would tug at me. With my will power at low ebb, I frequently packed away more unhealthy calories between 9 and midnight than the rest of the day…frequently way more. . . . I can do math. I just didn't.

Knowing that weaknesses in my character - or whatever you'd call it - I choose to make a plan not to put myself in that situation. I choose.

I'm sure I don't represent everyone's story, but I hope that sheds some light why some of us find LNS to be a problem and why we don't reply on simple math.
  • brilliantwords
    brilliantwords Posts: 97 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Im in!

November goals:
    -No snacking after 8pm
    -Replace habit with herbal tea & gum
    -Get a 30 day success streak!

If it werent for evening snacking mindlessly with TV, Id rarely exceed my calorie goal. This is why this challenge will help me, not because the time of day literally matters.

Whatever helps a person to stick to their planned deficit! This may do nothing for some people who dont struggle with exceeding their calorie goal with excessive night snacking, but for me, Itll help me avoid my most challenging time of day.

• TeamFit1
    TeamFit1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,319 Member
    Options
    Nov 2
    Me: 2*
    Streak: 11 days
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Goals for November
    1. No eating after 8 6/7 days
    2. Be consistent with smart eating even on hubby's days off!
    3. Use fruit as something sweet, when need!!!!
  • sufufitness
    sufufitness Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Me:2
    LNS:0
  • PARADISE1229
    PARADISE1229 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me: 1
    LNS: 1