The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I know I'm at work and I should focus but all I can think about is how I'm going to budget Christmas, renewing my registration for my car, dealing with my cars tires and an oil change, and how I need new bra since I've lost more weight.

Life is so expensive. New bras alone will be in the area of $225-$300! Plus we need a new dryer for the house and I wanted to buy that for the family for Christmas but the darn thing is over $800!
    And I DO NOT like bra shopping. It always upsets me. But I need new one's it's been over 7 months now and they've stretched out from regular use and then of course there's my whole 'shrinking' thing.
    Top this off with the check engine light STILL being on in my car. I plan on having them look into it when I get my oil changed, but I have no idea what's wrong with it or how expensive THAT will be to fix. *sigh* This is going to be an expensive week for me.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    My check engine light is on too. I know exactly what's wrong but can't afford to fix it. My one student loan payment went up. I made 1 whole dollar more than what I paid in bills for this two weeks. Hubby had to buy all the groceries bc I have like 20 bucks till next Friday. We don't have a joint account so we split everything and for the first time, I couldn't pull my weight. Bills are paid but no moolah. I've only been beating myself up over it for days.

I've made up my mind that I don't wanna adult anymore; well at least until I get paid again. The struggle is real.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    And we had a parent find a needle in a snickers bar (no one got hurt, thank goodness) so the news vultures are posted outside of my department and we get off in like, half an hour. GO AWAY VULTURES (unless you're gonna buy me some bojangles)
  • silverlining84
    silverlining84 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    No snow here but lots and lots of rain. The last 2.5 hours of my shift are just draaaaaagging on. I need to go run laps around the room to keep me awake!
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    New tires, student loan, quarterly water bill, high utility bills, vet bills, insurance overcharging me, library fine that I KNOW I sent a check for (I remember sending it at the same time I sent some pics to my grandma!!) is potentially going to effin' COLLECTION because they didn't receive it...it has been a tough few weeks. @bethanie0825 My fiance and I split bills with seperate accounts too and I called him one day in tears just so stressed about money and this insurance bullshizz. Of course he was wondering why I was freaking out instead of asking him for help...I feel ya...beating myself up too...

@lilaclovebird The best way we've found for saving for Christmas or anything else (dance recital costumes, for example were hella pricey and payment due right after Christmas...we just put $5 per person/pay period and it was taken care of) is having seperate accounts that draw from our check deposits automatically. We did $10 or $20 per person per pay period...you don't notice that amount being deducted automatically and in REALLY adds up! Our bank only does it with direct deposit and when we got bought out two years ago they stopped doing that...which I really hate not having direct deposit! I SUCK at saving unless it is done for me...
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I just liked it better when all of my bills were paid for just by me paying rent to my parents. Then I never even LOOKED at my checking account and managed to save up thousands of dollars by staying in my room playing MMORPGs.
    Maybe I should go back to playing World of Warcraft....
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    2k8f013sfe0c.jpg

BEST employee appreciation gift EVAR! I smurfing LOVE this thermos right now.

Here I am thinking, "Oh, I need to go to the kitchen and get a coffee mug to heat my coffee up in the microwave."

NOPE! Because TWELVE(12) HOURS after I first poured coffee into this thermos, and the coffee inside is STILL PIPING HOT!
    I'm so in love with this thing right now. :love:
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,216 Member
    Options
    My check engine light is on too. I know exactly what's wrong but can't afford to fix it. My one student loan payment went up. I made 1 whole dollar more than what I paid in bills for this two weeks. Hubby had to buy all the groceries bc I have like 20 bucks till next Friday. We don't have a joint account so we split everything and for the first time, I couldn't pull my weight. Bills are paid but no moolah. I've only been beating myself up over it for days.

I've made up my mind that I don't wanna adult anymore; well at least until I get paid again. The struggle is real.

My wife and I have separate accounts but I put her on my account so she can use it whenever she wants. She is always running short on money due to unexpected bills from the kids due to school, medical, etc... So I have her carry a debit card from my account and she just lets me know when she is running low and starts using my account. It works out well. She feels like she can spend her money on what she wants and I feel like I'm providing for the family as long as her needs are met. FYI. I put money in her account every two weeks so that she doesn't have to work and can stay home caring for the kids. I have two special needs kids so it's important to me that they don't have to be in daycare.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I put our family Halloween pic up in my pics on here if ya'll want to check out that damn costume that you heard me kvetch about for weeks!
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I love that thermos!! I want one!!

@sufferlandrian that's awesome. I don't know why I stress about it bc my hubby has no issue with helping me out or buying all the food. It's a nonissue with us but I turn it into one in my head. Yay anxiety and depression.

@Frankie_Felinius Loved the pics!
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Someone stopped the clock at midnight...
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Someone stopped the clock at midnight...

I couldn't agree more. At this rate I'll be retirement age before I reach the end of my shift.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Is the clock still running? I don't feel like I ever went home.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Ok, new car has an uncracked windshield, the thingy is repaired, and temp tags in place! It's officially MINE ALL MINE MUAHAHAHAHAHAH! *ahem* I mean, I can drive it now!
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    First night back from vacation, here 10 minutes. Already getting cursed out for people in OTHER DEPARTMENTS not doing their job.

Glad to be back.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Ok, new car has an uncracked windshield, the thingy is repaired, and temp tags in place! It's officially MINE ALL MINE MUAHAHAHAHAHAH! *ahem* I mean, I can drive it now!
    Nice!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I hate working when I'm sick. At least it's a slow night.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    ^ Those are always the worst. Usually those are when everything goes wrong, too. Hope it continues smooth for you.
  • elc7747
    elc7747 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Night shifter here....not by choice like most I'm sure. Struggling to make it work. Maybe :) this thread will help.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I'm a night shift Public Safety Officer(Security Guard) for MD Anderson Cancer Center at the Bastrop/Smithville detachement.

@sufferlandrian is a Veterinarian. He works LOOOOONG shifts.
    @bethanie0825 is a dispatcher.
    @Frankie_Felinius and @jennifer_417 both work at hotels as well.
    @belimawr Does stuff with trains???
    That's all I remember....

Welcome! Here's what we do lol