Pin-up Girls! - WEEK 3

Options

Replies

• abbrarogers
    Options
    I did another 1 hour elliptical session tonight at the gym! I really need to keep this going! I did good yesterday and today with tracking my food, working out and being under my calories, like way under!

So, just a question, do you want your net calorie intake to be at a certain amount or does it matter? I've been working out so hard at the gym that I have had a negative amount of net calories, is that good or bad? Don't know what to do....do I need to have a positive of 1200 calories so my body doesn't go into starvation mode or since I'm eating but burning it off it's ok?

Thanks in advance!

I want my net calories to be no more than 1400. I tend not to eat my exercise calories unless I'm really hungry. If I'm not hungry, I don't eat extra.

Awesome! Thank you for your help!
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    I MADE MY 2ND MINI-GOAL THIS MORNING!!!! I've be struggling for the past month to get below 167! Great start to my day! Have.a wonderful day ladies! :happy:
    Yay!!! Fantastic news!
    On a side note, I am part of the Canyon County weight loss challenge in Idaho and I was told by one of my instructors (who checks in frequently) that I am the highest % weight loss for a woman she has heard about. :bigsmile: There is money involved so yeah! But I really need to push hard! This challenge ends on July 16 and I would LOVE to lose another 10-15lb. Here's to hoping and doing my best!!! :wink:
    Yes! Good luck! You can do it!

I'm a little slow at checking in on this thread, but it looks like we kicked butt last week! I hope everyone is going strong again this week! My goals for the rest of the week are to battle TOM by drinking a ton of water every day and burning over 400 calories a day til weigh-in. I'm also concentrating on getting back to clean eating as I've slipped a little bit over the last 2 days. *shakes fist at TOM*
  • ales1979
    ales1979 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies :):)

Well I've been well and truly kicked in the butt, by my TOM AGAIN!!!!!!

I'm really gonna have to go see my GP and see about a different kind of contraception, cos this pill I'm on fo the last few months is useless!!! I can't spend 3 or 4 days EVERY month in bed unable to move for stomach and leg cramps/ water/ loss!!

(sorry if that got a bit graphic!!)

you wanna know what I'm most gutted about though?? I'd done 2 days of 30 Day Shred befor this monster put me flat on my back, AND I WANNA GET BACK TO IT!!!!!! I miss it already!!! :sad:

sorry for the mope/ rant/ grrrrs:explode: :grumble: :frown:

hoping I'll be back to at least being able to get out of the house tomorrow!!!!

ANYHOOOS!!

Well done all you for setting goals and a very special well done to those of you that have achieved goals!! keep it going ladies :happy: yay!!:drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile:

xx
  • abbrarogers
    Options
    Hello Ladies :):)

Well I've been well and truly kicked in the butt, by my TOM AGAIN!!!!!!

I'm really gonna have to go see my GP and see about a different kind of contraception, cos this pill I'm on fo the last few months is useless!!! I can't spend 3 or 4 days EVERY month in bed unable to move for stomach and leg cramps/ water/ loss!!

(sorry if that got a bit graphic!!)

you wanna know what I'm most gutted about though?? I'd done 2 days of 30 Day Shred befor this monster put me flat on my back, AND I WANNA GET BACK TO IT!!!!!! I miss it already!!! :sad:

sorry for the mope/ rant/ grrrrs:explode: :grumble: :frown:

hoping I'll be back to at least being able to get out of the house tomorrow!!!!

ANYHOOOS!!

Well done all you for setting goals and a very special well done to those of you that have achieved goals!! keep it going ladies :happy: yay!!:drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile:

xx

I feel for ya! And everyone is allowed to vent, that's part of what this group is for! I get like that a bit myself with my TOM, hurting alot and that sort of thing, you will get back to your working out very soon!
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

Everyone is doing so great. My main struggle this week is to get my motivation back. I have completely lost it and used excuses like having the flu and stress to let myself get away with eating whatever I felt like. My nausea is better, my allergies are getting under control, and I know consciuosly that exercise will help the stress. I just need the kick in the *kitten* to get up and do it :laugh:
  • abbrarogers
    Options
    Hi ladies,

Everyone is doing so great. My main struggle this week is to get my motivation back. I have completely lost it and used excuses like having the flu and stress to let myself get away with eating whatever I felt like. My nausea is better, my allergies are getting under control, and I know consciuosly that exercise will help the stress. I just need the kick in the *kitten* to get up and do it :laugh:

Virtual cyber *kitten* kick coming your way!:tongue:
  • watermelonstarfish
    watermelonstarfish Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    well shoot, i forgot to check in!

143.4 last week
    142.2 this week

1.2 pounds loss

NSV: I fit into my army PT shorts now (Size medium), muffin top not included
  • watermelonstarfish
    Options
    /double post
  • abbrarogers
    Options
    Some more goals I've been thinking about are:
    -stay strong on the weekends!!! I do soooo good all week and then I blow it on the weekends, which needs to STOP!

-keep on logging my food, everything! I've done good the last few days, I need to keep it up!

-Gym, gym, gym! I need to go on lots of dates with Gym! I wanna shoot for everyday, I like routine, doing the same things everyday, that's what keeps me motivated, if I do one day on one day off, it throws me off, I just need to go everyday, maybe not the weekends but everyday during the week!

Lost another 2 pounds so that is great motivation to keep me going, I wonder if I will lose anymore by Monday...?
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm getting back to my routine now, but I'm not exactly sure what to do about P90x. I had quite a few rest days during Week 3, and a horrible diet, but I don't want to start over. I'm thinking that during week 4, which is mostly yoga and Core Syn. that I'll still lay off the strength training, but get in a bunch of extra cardio, maybe just treadmill and elliptical. I had gotten down to 167 but the scale said 170 this morning. I know I had sodium over load a few days and I'm chugging water now. What do you guys think, up the cardio next week??
  • light1980
    light1980 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been on in a while, the internet is down at my house...guessing that lines are still down somewhere after the storm/tornado we had hear last weekened...I have been going to the gym and eating great..even though I haven't been able to log anything, I am still counting my calories eaten and calories burned...I also took a cycling class and a dance aerobics class this week...love both of them...can't wait till next week!! GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!!! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!
  • jumelle
    jumelle Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I MADE MY 2ND MINI-GOAL THIS MORNING!!!! I've be struggling for the past month to get below 167! Great start to my day! Have.a wonderful day ladies! :happy:

Great job! :happy: I hit a plateau at the end of last week and finally dropped some weight according to the scale when I weighed this morning. It was less than I'd hoped for, but every little bit counts.
  • sassy_2280
    sassy_2280 Posts: 66
    Options
    I feel like I'm getting back to my routine now, but I'm not exactly sure what to do about P90x. I had quite a few rest days during Week 3, and a horrible diet, but I don't want to start over. I'm thinking that during week 4, which is mostly yoga and Core Syn. that I'll still lay off the strength training, but get in a bunch of extra cardio, maybe just treadmill and elliptical. I had gotten down to 167 but the scale said 170 this morning. I know I had sodium over load a few days and I'm chugging water now. What do you guys think, up the cardio next week??

I think that if you only missed a couple of days of week 3 you should be ok to jump back in where you should be and not worry about the missed workouts. Workout on the rest/stretch days for week 3 & 4. You kick butt doing extra cardio on top of P90X but if it makes you feel better doing a couple extra cardio sessions like you mentioned then you should go for it!
  • sassy_2280
    sassy_2280 Posts: 66
    Options

Great job! :happy: I hit a plateau at the end of last week and finally dropped some weight according to the scale when I weighed this morning. It was less than I'd hoped for, but every little bit counts.

Congrats!!! Every little bit does help!
  • atrayubrandy
    atrayubrandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I won't be checking in on Monday because I'll be in Vegas eating a ridiculous amount of food and drinking lots of alcohol. I'll be back to weigh in (dun dun DUN) next week. I weighed myself this morning and I weighed the same as I did on Monday.
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

Virtual cyber *kitten* kick coming your way!:tongue:
    LOL thank you! :flowerforyou: I did my first workout in over a week tonight. :bigsmile:
  • DanceYogaRun
    DanceYogaRun Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all the accomplishments, ladies!

I was wondering if you could give me some dress/outfit options to go with some shoes that I've ordered. They're pearlized red stilettos. Have a look: http://www.pleaserusa.com/showStyleImage.asp?PROD_CD=PLE02G/RPGPT

Eventually, I want to do a pin up photoshoot with them. It would be great to have an outfit or two to wear them with until then, though.
  • watermelonstarfish
    Options
    I won't be checking in on Monday because I'll be in Vegas eating a ridiculous amount of food and drinking lots of alcohol. I'll be back to weigh in (dun dun DUN) next week. I weighed myself this morning and I weighed the same as I did on Monday.

You are me two weeks ago! I ate well, exercised everyday, drank a butt load of water, but the Alcohol trumped all. Have fun!
  • ItsOn130
    ItsOn130 Posts: 269
    Options
    Great job ladies!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all the accomplishments, ladies!

I was wondering if you could give me some dress/outfit options to go with some shoes that I've ordered. They're pearlized red stilettos. Have a look: http://www.pleaserusa.com/showStyleImage.asp?PROD_CD=PLE02G/RPGPT

Eventually, I want to do a pin up photoshoot with them. It would be great to have an outfit or two to wear them with until then, though.

CUTE!! Heck I'd wear them with jeans and a cute top!