7- migraine
    8- 8.09 if only my left did what the right does...8'd be 18

18.74/80+

Upcoming races:
    11/26/15 Turkey trot ft worth 10k
    3/19/16 Rock N Roll 5K Dallas
    3/20/16 Rock N Roll Half Dallas
    4/24/16 OKC Memorial

@skippygirlsmom great school! Fingers crossed that she lands a handsome scholarship!

@Ohhim nice job! Congratulations!

I thought of using Sirius radio for running. But I don't want to run with my phone. Anyone know of a small device that would work?
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    1-2.65 treadmill walk
    2- rehab/ travel
    3-2.5
    4-rest/lazy
    5-rehab/travel
    6-5.5
    7- migraine
    8- 8.09 if only my left did what the right does...8'd be 18

18.74/80+

Upcoming races:
    11/26/15 Turkey trot ft worth 10k
    3/19/16 Rock N Roll 5K Dallas
    3/20/16 Rock N Roll Half Dallas
    4/24/16 OKC Memorial

@skippygirlsmom great school! Fingers crossed that she lands a handsome scholarship!

@Ohhim nice job! Congratulations!

I thought of using Sirius radio for running. But I don't want to run with my phone. Anyone know of a small device that would work?

I got a cheap Mp3 player from Walmart. I have the music on my computer, download it to the Mp3, and good to go. However, I don't really use it anymore. I have an app on the phone that tracks my run, another one plays music, and I'm doing C25k. Can't get all that from the Mp3 :(
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Haven't posted in a few days but got two runs in!

exercise.png
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    A short 5 km stretch run after the unplanned HM distance on Friday. Calf's were a little tight for the first km so it was a slow ramp-up to my normal run pace. Turned a little early so I had to make a lap in the grass around the Hotel beside Tim's to get the distance.
    11/01 – 4.6 Km – 4.6km – 135.4 Km
    11/03 – 5.6 Km – 10.2km – 129.8 Km
    11/04 – 6.0 Km – 16.2km – 123.8 Km
    11/06 –21.1 Km – 37.3km – 102.7 Km
    11/08 – 5.0 Km – 42.3km – 107.7 Km YTD 5 + 416.4 = 421.4Km
    exercise.png
    @Ohhim 29 / 258 Nothing wrong with that.
    @skippygirlsmom Go Skip, Go Aggies. Must be a great course if it caught her eye on TV. Scholarship Hunt Begins.
  • BubblyBritney
    BubblyBritney Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I haven't really kept track of my miles this month but I'll make a goal starting from today until the end of the month. My goal is to run at least 90 Miles.

exercise.png
  • patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    06/11 - 13.5 miles
    07/11 - 10.3 km
    08/11 - 22.2 miles

long run today the park, same idiots as usual

let's walk backward without looking ahead with a dog using a long lead, and let's make sure the lead gets tangled on my knee - got a bruised leg (these new leads are really sharp)

then let's walk puppies without a lead, so they can jump over myself making me all covered in mud (and almost ripping off my fitbit), twice. and don't apologise if I tell you that's a bit excessive, stare at the ground and don't say nothing

really fed up with this

a part from this, I struggled for the first 20k, then all ok, it was a grey but warm morning, not really inspiring. my leg is still bothering me a little bit.

quiet 10k tomorrow, then relax
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    @ohhim - I'm impressed with the times and view!
    @karef - hope your foot is okay. Yikes, looks painful. Hope it feels better soon. (I only read the first post with picture, if you had an update, sorry missed it).

Very busy weekend for me and no time to post or read posts. I was scared to see how many posts there were, 77.

But I did run! Usually I bike but I had two things I had to go to that started earlier than that, so ran early instead.

Nov 1 - rest
    Nov 2 - 3.2
    Nov 3 - 4.3
    Nov 4 - strength training
    Nov 5 - rest
    Nov 6 - 5.0 Had to loop in front of house to hit 5 exactly. ;)
    Nov 7 - 5.0 in daylight!
    Nov 8 - 6.0 in daylight, but too darn hot and humid.
    Nov 9 - rest

exercise.png

• patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    9voice9 wrote: »
    patrikc333 wrote: »
    ...mega heavy rain! I couldn't even see, but honestly I did enjoy the last 2 km under those conditions, it was fun! satisfied to see people closed in their cars and myself out in the rain working out

Wow. I haven't actually tried to run in a REAL rain (just a light misty, little-more-than-fog kind of thing). Not sure if I'd actually gut it up and do it, or beg off....

trust me, the more it rains the more the fun is (and vice versa)
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    Date Miles today. Miles for November

11/1 REST DAY
    11/2 10 miles - 10
    11/3 11 miles - 21
    11/4 4 miles - 25 << Recovery Day
    11/5 11 miles - 36 << Threshold Day
    11/6 6.2 miles - 42.2 << Recovery Day
    11/7 15 miles - 57.2 << Long Run (1 week till Huntsville Half)

exercise.png

Hey @Stoshew71, for once you haven't eclipsed me in the first week of the month! We're at the exact same mileage so far! Super impressed by your daily miles btw. So many double digits per week! I'm hoping to do something similar for my next training cycle in the spring.

Hahahaha. I will be slowing down for now as I am tapering this week for my half on Saturday. I may have a week after that to pick it back up (depends how much I need to recover from my half), then it's taper again for my marathon (Rocket City) for mid December. Then my racing season is done till spring.

You are doing really awesome.

• ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Did anyone do the Disney Wine and Dine HM in Orlando? My son and his fiance did it and they said it was a disaster. Because of weather they changed it to be just 7.1 miles. They still got the HM medal, which they don't feel they deserve. Race was delayed and they had to wait inside for a long time and they both fell asleep on the floor waiting. Then when they woke up they heard the course was changed. Then because of the fact everyone was rushed inside, the corrals were pretty much abandoned. So the first mile or so they were trying to run around people walking. Apparently those races have a lot of walkers. Disappointing for those who trained, but I know Disney can't risk people getting struck by lightning. Although, they said they never saw any lightning at all.
    And that is NOT a cheap one to enter!

That's the one thing I do fear living in Florida though. It can be clear where you are, raining 5 miles away, and then strike out of the blue. Luckily I have only been caught outside one time running in it and one time biking. Scared the s#!! out of me. But made it home safely. :smiley:
  • beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    11/8
    C25k week 6 day 3

It was 87 and almost 90% humidity when I left about 7:00 am - the air felt soooo heavy.
    At least I was distracted by the thousands of migratory birds that head here for winter.
    Now that the end if C25K approaches, I'm getting a scared for my upcoming Turkey Trot.
    Can I do it? )unfamiliar path, crowds, I'm so slow, Ugh - I'm freaking out, man)

Tomorrow is another day--hopefully filled with less self doubt
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    ddmom0811 wrote: »
    Did anyone do the Disney Wine and Dine HM in Orlando? My son and his fiance did it and they said it was a disaster. Because of weather they changed it to be just 7.1 miles. They still got the HM medal, which they don't feel they deserve. Race was delayed and they had to wait inside for a long time and they both fell asleep on the floor waiting. Then when they woke up they heard the course was changed. Then because of the fact everyone was rushed inside, the corrals were pretty much abandoned. So the first mile or so they were trying to run around people walking. Apparently those races have a lot of walkers. Disappointing for those who trained, but I know Disney can't risk people getting struck by lightning. Although, they said they never saw any lightning at all.

That's the one thing I do fear living in Florida though. It can be clear where you are, raining 5 miles away, and then strike out of the blue. Luckily I have only been caught outside one time running in it and one time biking. Scared the s#!! out of me. But made it home safely. :smiley:

One of my friends from my Thursday running group went down for the HM and even got her mom registered and made her train too. I'm bummed now that her mom didn't get to run her full first HM! But at least they got to run something! Weather is my least favorite part of the race gamble.

11/1 REST DAY
    11/2 10 miles - 10
    11/3 11 miles - 21

exercise.png

Hey @Stoshew71, for once you haven't eclipsed me in the first week of the month! We're at the exact same mileage so far! Super impressed by your daily miles btw. So many double digits per week! I'm hoping to do something similar for my next training cycle in the spring.

Hahahaha. I will be slowing down for now as I am tapering this week for my half on Saturday. I may have a week after that to pick it back up (depends how much I need to recover from my half), then it's taper again for my marathon (Rocket City) for mid December. Then my racing season is done till spring.

I'm tapering too. Wooooo taper! Good luck on Saturday! If your training is any indication, you're going to kill it!
  • emmargest
    emmargest Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    FINALLY had a day off and some time to get a run in today. :) YAY! (annnnd I skipped out on the run I had said I'd do on Friday. This month guys...this month). I'm doing a 5K in December and want to skim some time off my last 5k. Here's to a better week with lots of miles!! :)

11/02--2.18miles
    11/08--4.59
  • SAfricaChick
    SAfricaChick Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    1/11 - Planned rest after HM
    2/11 - Travel day
    3/11 - Overslept
    4/11 - 4.7 miles
    5/11 - Migraine, no running
    6/11 - 6.3 miles
    7/11 - 3.3 miles
    8/11 - 15.06 miles
    Total: 29.31 miles

Target 125 miles
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    ddmom0811 wrote: »

Aw that's too bad. You figure they'd refund or allow a discount on another race.

6flags is like that with the lightning. I think it can travel 40 mile's. In fact, the Y is like that with the pool at 10 miles.
  • SAfricaChick
    SAfricaChick Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Ohhim wrote: »
    Totally botched my swim pace today in the triathlon, so a 2:30 was out of reach. Finished in 2:32:59 though with a solid finishing run (7:37 pace), despite it being 79 degrees w. 83% humidity on the uncovered bridge/causeway course. Hoping to redeem myself at the rock & roll half next weekend.

On the plus side, it is always nice when you can just bike home from a race in 5 minutes, take a shower, then recover with some coffee out on the balcony.

bpop3c6fb5fe.jpg

11/1 - 4 miles
    11/2 - 4 miles
    11/3 - 9 miles
    11/4 - 6 miles
    11/6 - 2 miles
    11/8 - 6.2 miles (Olympic triathlon 10K, 7:37 pace)

Total: 31.2 miles
    Target: 220 miles
    Remaining: 188.8 miles

That is awesome congratulations!! One day when I grow up I also want to do a tri!!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options

11/1 REST DAY
    11/2 10 miles - 10
    11/3 11 miles - 21

exercise.png

@stoshew71 Skip and I will be volunteering at RCM. We'll be at the end working medals etc for finishers.
  • runner_girl83
    runner_girl83 Posts: 553 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Back from the Doctor's. He only has the x-ray scans to go by (the radiology report isn't ready yet) and thinks I may have broken a tiny bit of the bottom of the fibia (where it meets the ankle) off. He is going to get in touch when the report is accessible (hopefully around midday today) and let me know if his suspicions are right. I'm hopeful that my ankle is okay though, I couldn't see any piece that may have broken off anywhere on the x-ray (I'm guessing there would be?) Will just wait and see what the report says.

Worse case scenario - I will need a moonboot or cast for 4-6 weeks... but I'm still hopeful.

Edit: Just heard back from Dr.. The radiologist has confirmed an avulsion fragment off the fibia and has recommended the moonboot. Just called my physio, who wants to see the x-rays so he can help with rehab and thinks we may be able to strap it to avoid the moonboot.. Depends on the severity. Sigh... I will wait here on the sidewalk and cheer you all on for a few weeks! Thanks for asking how I am going!
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    @kareF Oh no! Hope it's less severe and you can get by without the moon boot. Sorry that it was poor news though!
  • rogue024
    rogue024 Posts: 1,484 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Wow, @ddmom0811 that did not sound fun at all! And weird how they changed the distance just like that. But I suppose weather was something the organizers couldn't control.

We got out a little late this morning, so it was hot when I finally got to run. Our entire complex (we live in a condo) is going thru a re-piping project so our place is in disarray at the moment. They unhooked our washer and dryer so we haven't been able to wash clothes for 3 days now lol. And of course they don't work on weekends so we have to wait til tomorrow for them to finish.

11/1 - 2 miles
    11/2 - strength
    11/3 - 3 miles
    11/4 - strength
    11/6 - 3 miles
    11/7 - strength
    11/8 - 3 miles + strength

November: 11 of 45 miles completed