exercise.png
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    11/1: 22 miles LR
    11/2: 5 miles recovery style
    11/3: XT: 15 miles indoor bike
    11/4: 10 miles

Beautiful morning for a run today. I'm so glad to be able to do my morning runs in the daylight again! I know it's a fleeting period of time before the morning darkness returns, but I'll be grateful while the sunshine lasts! Took my miles nice and easy because I started with some decent uphills, and that paid off with some great downhill mile times in the second half.

37/150

exercise.png
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Did week 1, day 2 of 5to10K this morning. I have a feeling I will need to repeat this week. I can do it, but it's a struggle. I think it's more of a mental struggle for me now than a physical one, but I'm a stubborn fool when I want to be and I'll push through. I just don't think one more day of this week is enough to do it. So, repeat I will.

11/1: 5.62 miles (3.18 running, 2.44 walking)
    11/2: 5.13 miles walking + weights/TRX with trainer
    11/3: 2 miles easy jog, even slower than usual glacial pace
    11/4: 5.45 miles (3.1 running, 2.35 walking)

18.2/110

exercise.png
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today. Miles for November

11/1 REST DAY
    11/2 10 miles - 10
    11/3 11 miles - 21
    11/4 4 miles - 25 << Recovery Day

exercise.png

• karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    b26mfoe7qja2.jpg

Ha! At least 15 of these statements apply to me! Guess I am, indeed, a runner.

11/1 - rest day / Halloween Hangover
    11/2 - 5.25 miles, 55° at 5:30 a.m. in Iowa! Nuts, but I love it!
    11/3 - 4 miles on indoor track followed by weights / abs. After running mostly outside for six months, you can run pretty fast on a flat, indoor surface.
    11/4 - 5.1 miles, again about 55° at 5:00 a.m. Getting spoiled by the weather!

exercise.png
  • beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    C25K Week 6 Day 1 plus 7 more minutes of running ( The Crystal Method "Busy Child" made me do it) and then a 12 minute cool down walk (because I wasn't near my house, lol)

It was scorching hot and I came back home looking like The Joker, but it was fun.
    I even did a Strong Curves workout after it, foam rolled and died.
  • Chaidell
    Chaidell Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    kareF wrote: »
    nocull wrote: »
    I convinced myself to sign up for a 5K. Hopefully I can beat my time from the 5K I did last year

Fantastic! I just ran my first race last month and had a great time! I can't wait to sign up for more races next year :smile:

Hahaha I'm actually a little bit scared because after the 5K I did last year, I lost all motivation to continue running even though I had a great time
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    11/1 - 10 miles
    11/2 - rest day - sore shins
    11/3 - 5 miles
    11/4 - 5 miles

20 out of 110 miles

exercise.png
  • beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    kareF wrote: »
    I convinced myself to sign up for a 5K. Hopefully I can beat my time from the 5K I did last year

Fantastic! I just ran my first race last month and had a great time! I can't wait to sign up for more races next year :smile:

Hahaha I'm actually a little bit scared because after the 5K I did last year, I lost all motivation to continue running even though I had a great time

Oh, no. Why?
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    9voice9 wrote: »
    @Stoshew71 - I think I remember you posting sometime back about creating a BPM playlist for yourself for pacing. How did you calculate the BPM you wanted/needed for the pace you wanted? And what software did you use for calculating the BPM of the songs (and/or adjusting it)?

So for everybody's reference: The playlist (which i didn't create but some other great people did that I stole) can be found on the middle of this page:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10228828/good-running-form-overstriding

It will say music for running 180 bmp. And the reason for 180 (beats per minute, or steps per minute) is explained in the few videos and links just above it.

So, since I didn't create the playlist myself, I am not sure what technology was used to modify the music to do that. I just know the technology of how to download it into my phone. :-)

However, I did a quick google search.
    On apple platforms there seems to be a piece of software called Garageband that will do this.
    http://apple-garageband.wonderhowto.com/how-to/change-tempo-garageband-speed-up-slow-down-songs-413337/

On windows there's a software called Audacity:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQYgiLRR9c8

So I forgot to tell everyone, over the weekend I played with Audacity. I made my own first track at 180 bpm.
    I downloaded the free copy of Audacity and the changing tempo thing works great. (I had to download a plugin for Audacity to save the final product as an mp3.)

It took a little bit of work figuring out the correct tempo and match it with the 180 bpm metronome that I added as a second track. But it works great. My first song was Eminence Front by The Who, matched to 180 bpm including a metronome playing in the background.
    Now I am wondering what to do for my second song. LOL

I have to figure out how to share it with you guys but for now here is the original video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnHLgxKUsEA
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    oh fun... I've never really played with the tempo adjuster on Audacity- I cut/splice/fade in and fade out regularly for dance gigs- but never really adjusted BMP.

Great!! Good to know you found a use for that- that's awesome.
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    A student kicked me in the right knee (on purpose) and now I'm having post-run pain. I just ordered two compression knee sleeves to help. I'm super frustrated about it, to be honest.
  • SAfricaChick
    SAfricaChick Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    b26mfoe7qja2.jpg

I am a runner!!!!!
  • SAfricaChick
    SAfricaChick Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    1/11 - Planned rest after HM
    2/11 - Travel day
    3/11 - Overslept
    4/11 - 4.7 miles

Target 125 miles (yep I think I am somewhat behind schedule!)
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    11/1 - 3.81 C25k W1 D3 (.73 + 2.32 + .76)
    11/2 - 5.78 walking lunch break + evening walk (3.3 + 2.48)
    11/3 - 2.99 C25k W2 D1 + continuation of lunch break (2.09 + .9)

exercise.png
  • ShanazAsiya
    ShanazAsiya Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    hi guys I am back and I ran yesterday I am getting right back on it :):)
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,129 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

exercise.png

01/11 walking
    02/11 rest
    03/11 4 miles
    04/11 4 miles (only intended 3miles but don't want to get behind on this 60 mile target)
  • 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I know I'm looking for sanity in the wrong place (hello, my fellow addicts!), but having completed *one* 10K, I'm thinking about putting the Peachtree Road Race (Atlanta) on my calendar for next year. My time for that race would (assuming no change between now and then) put me in wave J or K, so not entirely at the end of the pack.

Someone please tell me that I should rethink.... :wink:
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    9voice9 wrote: »
    I know I'm looking for sanity in the wrong place (hello, my fellow addicts!), but having completed *one* 10K, I'm thinking about putting the Peachtree Road Race (Atlanta) on my calendar for next year. My time for that race would (assuming no change between now and then) put me in wave J or K, so not entirely at the end of the pack.

Someone please tell me that I should rethink.... :wink:

Do it!!! Plus you can train more and run more 10ks between now and then, and maybe even move up a corral or two!