November 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• emmargest
    emmargest Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Oooof! Life came at me the past two days. Posting so that I can commit to running tomorrow!!
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    11/3--5.28 miles
    11/4--5.03 miles

exercise.png
  • 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    @kareF Thanks for the article--that's interesting about "down weeks." I think my tired old body makes me do that a little, anyway! :)

11/1 3.1 @ 11:15 outside in the neighborhood in the rain
    11/2 rest
    11/3 5.0 @ 10:59 on the treadmill (plus a 1 mile walk and strength training)
    11/4 8.2 @ really really slow (16:04) riking (run-hiking). Ok, so let me tell you. I thought, "hey, let's run a trail that was a little challenging in August! It will make you slow down for your long run! It will be mentally stimulating!" Uh-huh. It also was incredibly dangerous! What was difficult and slippery on a wet summer day is now slippery and completely covered by leaves. I was actually slower than the last time (although I ran much, much farther). I couldn't figure out if I should be looking up to find the blazes (because the trail was completely obscured by leaves) or down to make sure I wasn't going to trip over something and go flying (because the trail was completely obscured by leaves). That said, I loved it. :) My soul is that of a trail runner, even if my balance and sense of direction don't always cooperate. I also don't need to wonder if I'm going to be sore tomorrow--I'm sore right now, lol--but boy, was it fun!

exercise.png

• dennie24
    dennie24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    4.1 miles this morning. My quads were pretty tired and sore from squats yesterday but it wasn't too bad.
    exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    9voice9 wrote: »
    I know I'm looking for sanity in the wrong place (hello, my fellow addicts!), but having completed *one* 10K, I'm thinking about putting the Peachtree Road Race (Atlanta) on my calendar for next year. My time for that race would (assuming no change between now and then) put me in wave J or K, so not entirely at the end of the pack.

Someone please tell me that I should rethink.... :wink:

Do it!!! Plus you can train more and run more 10ks between now and then, and maybe even move up a corral or two!

Yeah you won't get the voice of reason here LOL I say go for it too!

• Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I know I'm looking for sanity in the wrong place (hello, my fellow addicts!), but having completed *one* 10K, I'm thinking about putting the Peachtree Road Race (Atlanta) on my calendar for next year. My time for that race would (assuming no change between now and then) put me in wave J or K, so not entirely at the end of the pack.

Someone please tell me that I should rethink.... :wink:

Quit running altogther. Not worth it. *smirks* Serious, what kind of advice would you expect from us?

running-meme.png

f98dabc8fba3992cf93652e93d3eb968.jpg
  • skippygirlsmom
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Skip and I are running in the Galaxy of Lights 5K in a few weeks and my friend's 3rd grader is going to run with me in the 3K Fun Run the next night. He's in the running club at school and is really loving to run! Can't wait to run with him...well I'm sure just like Skip I'll be running behind him ha ha!

@5beautifuldays that run sounds awesome! The nice thing about running with the trail group on Sunday mornings is I can just follow them, not have to worry about the blazes and watch my feet ha ha. I'm sure a year from now I still won't know where I'm going from watching the ground.
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    Skip and I are running in the Galaxy of Lights 5K in a few weeks and my friend's 3rd grader is going to run with me in the 3K Fun Run the next night. He's in the running club at school and is really loving to run! Can't wait to run with him...well I'm sure just like Skip I'll be running behind him ha ha!

@5beautifuldays that run sounds awesome! The nice thing about running with the trail group on Sunday mornings is I can just follow them, not have to worry about the blazes and watch my feet ha ha. I'm sure a year from now I still won't know where I'm going from watching the ground.

I am pretty sure Jenn is doing the Galaxy of Light. (I think!) lol

Do you do the No Runner Left Behind on Sunday mornings?

• Stoshew71
    Options
    dennie24 wrote: »
    4.1 miles this morning. My quads were pretty tired and sore from squats yesterday but it wasn't too bad.
    exercise.png

Woo hoo! Progress on the way.
    emmargest wrote: »
    Oooof! Life came at me the past two days. Posting so that I can commit to running tomorrow!!

We will hold you to it now. The proof is now on the Internet!!!!
    Otherwise we will make fun of you if you don't log tommorow. ;-)
    hi guys I am back and I ran yesterday I am getting right back on it :):)

So we haven't scared you off yet? :-) Good job!

A student kicked me in the right knee (on purpose) and now I'm having post-run pain. I just ordered two compression knee sleeves to help. I'm super frustrated about it, to be honest.

Ouch! I am sorry about that. That little stinker.
    JoRocka wrote: »
    oh fun... I've never really played with the tempo adjuster on Audacity- I cut/splice/fade in and fade out regularly for dance gigs- but never really adjusted BMP.

Great!! Good to know you found a use for that- that's awesome.

I really do have to figure a way to post my new mp3's.
    Beautiful morning for a run today. I'm so glad to be able to do my morning runs in the daylight again! I know it's a fleeting period of time before the morning darkness returns, but I'll be grateful while the sunshine lasts! Took my miles nice and easy because I started with some decent uphills, and that paid off with some great downhill mile times in the second half.

Yup! exactly how I feel. It seemled like ages when I ran and there was sunlight out. lol

Great job everyone who are logging those miles. Welcome to all our newcomers from the past 2 days. Good luck!

• skippygirlsmom
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »

@stoshew71 I (and Skip) am doing NRLB but with the HSV half coming up we stopped until after it's over so I don't face plant and get hurt before the half and with sectionals coming up tomorrow her coach was getting nervous she would face plant LOL :smiley:

Emily did it last year too didn't she?
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    November goal— somewhere between 100 and 140 km

11/3—5 km
    11/5—5.2 km
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    11/1 - 3.81 C25k W1 D3 (.73 + 2.32 + .76)
    11/2 - 5.78 walking lunch break + evening walk (3.3 + 2.48)
    11/3 - 2.99 C25k W2 D1 + continuation of lunch break (2.09 + .9)
    11/4 - 1.78 nice, easy, comfortable lunch walk.

exercise.png
  • Stoshew71
    Options

@stoshew71 I (and Skip) am doing NRLB but with the HSV half coming up we stopped until after it's over so I don't face plant and get hurt before the half and with sectionals coming up tomorrow her coach was getting nervous she would face plant LOL :smiley:

Emily never did NRLB. I did it once in January. I am waiting until after RCM is over to go back.

• skippygirlsmom
    Options

Emily never did NRLB. I did it once in January. I am waiting until after RCM is over to go back.

@stoshew71 I meant Emily did Galaxy of Lights.
  • JohnONE29
    JohnONE29 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    November goal - 2 marathons (Madison & Philly), 200 miles, and running every 26 out of the 30 days.

11.1.15 - 5.1 miles
    11.2.15 - 0
    11.3.15 - 9.5 miles
    11.4.15 - 8 miles
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    6km in the Dark along the Riverbank Trails. Streetlight every 200-300m along adjacent road provides just enough light to make it Interesting Brail Running.
    11/01 – 4.6 Km – 4.6km – 135.4 Km
    11/03 – 5.6 Km – 10.2km – 129.8 Km
    11/04 – 6.0 Km – 16.2km – 123.8 Km
    exercise.png
    JoRocka wrote: »
    also I've always wanted to ask "what's everyone's favorite mile spot"
    My Favorite spot - Outbound when I pass the White House on the North Woods Trail - It's all Downhill from there, and I mean 2 serious Toenail Busting Downhill slopes. Inbound - When I can see the Sign/Lights of Java Café or Tim Hortons. ummm Post run coffffee.
    kareF wrote: »
    I just ran my first race last month and had a great time! I can't wait to sign up for more races next year :smile:
    It's Official You are a Runner - The Force Addiction is strong in this one.
    I know I'm looking for sanity in the wrong place (hello, my fellow addicts!),
    Thanks that's the best compliment I have had in years. Yes another addict - it's amazing what a good experience can do for a person's motivation - who cares what wave you are in - all that matters is you are in.
    @siddles11 Doesn't matter Km or Miles - A run is a run. You will notice a lot of people who log in Miles end up running 10km races.
    Feb 7,2016 Chilly Willy HM ( gotta love the name )
    Feb 21,2016 Hypothermic Half Marathon ( Honest )
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    November goal 75 miles

11/1 4.42
    11/2 rest
    11/3 3.18
    11/4 9.47

Total 17.07

Upcoming races:
    11/7 Sunrise Athletics 10k
    11/15 Las Vegas RocknRoll 1/2 marathon
    3/20 Big Island International 1/2 marathon

Ticker is my goal for 2015 and accumulation to date:

exercise.png

• runner_girl83
    runner_girl83 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    01/11 – 5.0
    02/11 – 0.0 – rest
    03/11 – 0.0 – rest
    04/11 – 5.0
    05/11 – 4.0 – 70% humidity but felt much higher.

Total: 14 / 110 km

Was aiming for 5k this afternoon but decided around the 3k mark that I'd do some sprints so all up only did 4k. Sprinting uphill - Loved it! Though on my way back home a car pulled out of a driveway and waved for me to cross so they could get out and I stepped in a hole covered with grass :worried: My ankle and posterior tibialis (just up from ankle) are achy. Rest day tomorrow so see how it goes.

By the way.. I do NOT like magpies!
  • patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    will aim at my usual 500km this month
  • tegantheaverage
    tegantheaverage Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    4/11 -- 5k (treadmill)
    5/11 -- 3k (road)

exercise.png