November 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    06/11 - 13.5 miles

wet and windy HM at my favourite park this morning, really hard as very muddy and I got stuck in hidden muddy potholes many times, so pace was pretty slow. not very lucky with the weather recently, it has been raining a lot

1002km on my "new" brooks today, cannot believe how fast time flies, but I'm extremely satisfied with my Ravenna (had ravenna 5 and now using ravenna 6, never had a problem so far)

10k tomorrow, and surprise surprise.....heavy rain forecast!

then usual 22 miles on Sunday, but I'll think about it on Sunday :smile:

have a nice running week end

• lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom Than You! I love the Tom Selleck story. Was he running with Phoebe? LOL
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    @skippygirlsmom Than You! I love the Tom Selleck story. Was he running with Phoebe? LOL

Was he wearing a Detroit hat in NYC? lol

BTW, if the young people watch Blue Bloods (Jennifer loves that show) then they know who Tom Sellek is. They may just be questioning why is running with that old geezer such a big deal? They would rather run with Donny Walhberg. lol
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    9voice9 wrote: »
    @Stoshew71, @7lenny7 - what is it, brothers, that makes us think that since we're doing a good job taking care of things in one area of our lives, that we've got the rest under control? :wink: I too need to remember that putting in the miles on 4 hours of sleep is a pretty crummy idea.

For me it has to be pure stupidity. LOL I just think that I can do everything. Sleep? We don't need no stinkin' sleep. Wait, I posted an article about that. Ooops. LOL
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    No @stoshew71 he didn't have on a Detroit hat, I watch Blue Bloods too, funny I didn't think of that. No @lporter229 no Tom Phoebe either ha ha! Would have made a better story!

You guys are cracking me up, it's not just you "brothers" trying to keep it under control, on top of running, I work full time, do all the house chores including but of course not limited to laundry/cooking/cutting the grass/cleaning the pool, I'm a taxi service to Skip and her activities and I'm a single mom. Right now I'm trying to figure out why I volunteer for the XC Booster Club I'm trying to get a pancake breakfast set up for tomorrow for 250 all the while working on their banquet in less than 2 weeks. I tell my friends I'm the living breathing Army slogan "I do more before 9am than most people do all day" ha ha!!
  • JohnONE29
    JohnONE29 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    November goal - 2 marathons (Madison & Philly), 200 miles, and running every 26 out of the 30 days.

11.01.15 - 5.1 m.
    11.02.15 - 0
    11.03.15 - 9.5 m.
    11.04.15 - 8 m.
    11.05.15 - 8 m.
    11.06.15 - 3 m.

November Races:
    11.08.15 - Madison Marathon
    11.22.15 - Philadelphia Marathon
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    JohnONE29 wrote: »
    November goal - 2 marathons (Madison & Philly), 200 miles, and running every 26 out of the 30 days.

November Races:

Wow!
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    @karef - Okay, now I definetly understand about the magpies! Good thing they aren't that scary around here, especially since the video proves that "the eyes don't work" against them (and I just watched more magpie videos on youtube, never knew there were so many of them!) :-P
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    I need to start logging! Planning that I'll be doing 3 swims a week (my primary sport) maybe 3 runs and 2-3 strength sessions (cos I'm weak as heck!!)

01-Nov: 2.4km walk
    02-Nov: 2.25km swim (not counting lol)
    03-Nov: 2.5km run plus 2.75km walk
    04-Nov: 2.6km swim
    05-Nov: Beginning strength training
    06-Nov: 6km run
    07-Nov:
    08-Nov:
    09-Nov:
    10-Nov:
    11-Nov:
    12-Nov:
    13-Nov:
    14-Nov:
    15-Nov:
    16-Nov:
    17-Nov:
    18-Nov:
    19-Nov:
    20-Nov:
    21-Nov:
    22-Nov:
    23-Nov:
    24-Nov:
    25-Nov:
    26-Nov:
    27-Nov:
    28-Nov:
    29-Nov:
    30-Nov:
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    JohnONE29 wrote: »

11.01.15 - 5.1 m.
    11.02.15 - 0
    11.03.15 - 9.5 m.
    11.04.15 - 8 m.
    11.05.15 - 8 m.
    11.06.15 - 3 m.

November Races:

Make sure you sign up as a Marathon Maniac.
    http://www.marathonmaniacs.com/
  • runner_girl83
    runner_girl83 Posts: 553 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    01-Nov: 5.26 km
    02-Nov: rest
    03-Nov: rest
    04-Nov: 5.18 km
    05-Nov: 4.02 km – 70% humidity but felt much higher.
    06-Nov: rest
    07-Nov: 4.48 km – splits 7:31, 7:40, 7:12, 6:48

Total: 18.94 / 110 km

Today's run: 4.48k in 32:50

Was having the best run today .. (splits listed above). The fastest I have been able to run comfortably!
    I had 12 meters to go to hit 5k when my shoe tilted outwards and I fell down, landing on my side on the pavement. I'm okay.. ankle is not 100% and the ice has helped though there's some swelling and I'm just grateful I didn't break it - I honestly thought I did - there was a crack and I struggled to move my toes at first. My shin on the opposite leg hurt a bit at first too, I think I may have twisted my shin muscles a bit as I came down (though that leg seems fine now). A lady walked towards me came over and helped me up. I could barely walk and here I was saying a few naughty words because I wanted that 5k!

My phone also took one for the team, with cracks down the bottom half of the screen.

Scratching my planned run tomorrow so my next run won't be until Wednesday. These bloody shoes! I can't wait to get out of them!

On the plus side.. Even if I made the 5k, it is still the fastest run I've had to date for 5k. So looking at the plus side - I was able to sing along to my music and didn't feel exhausted or out of breath!
    I'd love to get to 5k under the 30 minute mark at some stage!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Not feeling too spiffy today, my joints are stiff. I'm off one of my arthritis meds pending a colonoscopy next week. Just a nice easy short jog today.

11/1: 5.62 miles (3.18 running, 2.44 walking)
    11/2: 5.13 miles walking + weights/TRX with trainer
    11/3: 2 miles easy jog, even slower than usual glacial pace
    11/4: 5.45 miles (3.1 running, 2.35 walking)
    11/5: 5.8 miles walking (active rest day)
    11/6: 5.1 miles (2.2 running, 2.9 walking)

exercise.png
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom - Skip sounds like she has such a personality :smile: I love hearing about the wacky things she does (and I mean wacky in a good way)
    Love your story about running in central park with Tom Selleck!
    @Stoshew71 - I don't know if I'm still in the young category at age 30, but I do know who Tom Selleck is and have no idea who Donny Walhberg is! :/ lol
    @kareF - oh no! I hope you're feeling better. I'm glad it was a good run before the fall! If the pain doesn't let up soon or you have tenderness over the ankle bone you may want to look into getting an x-ray. You can still have a minor fracture and still be capable of walking on it. Sorry about your phone too - that's crummy! :(
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Not a great run for me today. 7 miles was the plan, and I did get it done. Complete opposite of yesterday. Just felt tired the whole run and my legs felt clunky - like they were going clunk, clunk, clunk down the road. Ended up walking quite a bit during the second half, but I finished and now it's done. :)

exercise.png
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Thanks to those who were asking how I was after my fall yesterday. At the moment my right knee has a swollen lump about the size of a strawberry. I've fallen many times but always on the trail or in the snow which is a much softer landing than pavement. I'm banged up, but I'm not limping so I'm sure I'll be fine!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    1-2.65 treadmill walk
    2- rehab/ travel
    3-2.5
    4-rest/lazy
    5-rehab/travel
    6-5.50 I'm such a comedian in my
    head on good easy runs.

10.65/80+

I am off to a slow start. Hoping to pick it up!

Upcoming races:
    11/26/15 Turkey trot ft worth 10k
    3/19/16 Rock N Roll 5K Dallas
    3/20/16 Rock N Roll Half Dallas
    4/24/16 OKC Memorial

• HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    November goal 75 miles

11/1 4.42
    11/2 rest
    11/3 3.18
    11/4 9.47
    11/5 rest
    11/6 3.25

Total 20.32

Upcoming races:
    11/7 Sunrise Athletics 10k
    11/15 Las Vegas RocknRoll 1/2 marathon
    3/20 Big Island International 1/2 marathon

Ticker is my goal for 2015 and accumulation to date:

exercise.png

• juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    A member of the local running club texted a group of us and said the weather for tomorrow sounds like Horizontal Snow - lets go for a SHORT run tonight. The emphasis on the word SHORT should have been the 1st clue. 2nd Clue - This fellow does at least one 20 - 30 km run every week. 3rd Clue - The other people in the text do similar distances. So at 16:25 we hit the trails - we made the turn at 12 km just as the sunset, 2 km later we passed my house and they persuaded me that I needed to stay with them just a little further. When I did get back to my house I checked my Km - 20.3 - Even though the last Km was killer I turned around and circled the block to get to the Magical 21.1 Km ( 2:15:00 ). I felt good until about the 17 km mark where I started to hurt due to no water - no mid run fuel. My pace was fairly constant until the last 2 km where it started to drop.

So I just completed my first HM even if it wasn't an organized race. Might complain to the organizers - No water stations, No Bathroom Facilities, No Shirt, No Race Bling and no post race FOOD.

My legs are going to kick me tomorrow for this mis-adventure. My running fr-enemies they were going for 10 more to hit the Java-Cafe.
    11/01 – 4.6 Km – 4.6km – 135.4 Km
    11/03 – 5.6 Km – 10.2km – 129.8 Km
    11/04 – 6.0 Km – 16.2km – 123.8 Km
    11/06 –21.1 Km – 37.3km – 102.7 Km – – YTD – 21.1 + 395.36 = 416.46Km
    exercise.png

@shanaber Yes my February HM's will be a little tougher than most of the other Good People in this Group. Although a winter HM will be better for me as in the heat of summer I wilt, and you can only take off so many clothes before you get arrested.
    @skippygirlsmom I think your Girl has an International Cheering Squad. For someone that young she is a solid/good person/good role model for others ( adults and peers ). You need / deserve a rest day/week for everything that you do for skip and your community/social network.
    @emmab0902 I think I need to step up my swimming and running as your are kickin it.
    Don't forget to add some "Life Days" like @9voice9 into your plan for recovery. I know that I won't have any pool legs tomorrow so it will be a "Coffe Shop Tour" tomorrow.
  • runner_girl83
    runner_girl83 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    ACSL3 wrote: »
    @kareF - oh no! I hope you're feeling better. I'm glad it was a good run before the fall! If the pain doesn't let up soon or you have tenderness over the ankle bone you may want to look into getting an x-ray. You can still have a minor fracture and still be capable of walking on it. Sorry about your phone too - that's crummy! :(

Thank you!! :worried: My ankle has tripled in size. I can walk on it with limited pain, though I think it is just muscular as i can stand/walk on it and it's not sore to touch, just hurts if I turn my foot certain ways. I could curse those shoes to the moon! I doubt I will be running again this week and I'm not sure what I should run in when I can run again - If I should maybe use my old Fila's (cheap and nasty, but a broader shoe) or keep using the Nike's (not enough arch support or stability) I haven't any options other than that seeming as it's going to take me at least a month to pay the Asics off.

• Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Tapering for an Olympic triathlon Sunday, so I just did a short 2 mile pickup/strides run tonight to keep my speed sharp. Hoping to shave 12 minutes off my time from last year and make it under the elusive 2:30 mark (official olympic distance race - 1500m swim, 40k bike, 10k run w. a massive transition area/long beach). I know I'm falling behind on my mileage goal, but I should be able to make up for it in the second half of the month.

11/1 - 4 miles
    11/2 - 4 miles
    11/3 - 9 miles
    11/4 - 6 miles
    11/6 - 2 miles

Total: 25 miles
    Target: 220 miles
    Remaining: 195 miles